Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Blue Ice! Michael Caine and Sean Young. Sometimes a block of ice just falls out of an airliner's loo and kills you. No way to predict, prevent, or defend.
I think that was the premise.
I don't remember it very well because it was Michael Caine in the shower scene.
VQnnDFG.jpg

Yikes! :eek: Yeah, I've heard about that before Jer, what an unpleasant way to go! :eek: You have a cool library :thumbsup:

I’m sorry about your back pain Jack. I had surgery for a herniated disc a few years ago. I hope it’s just a little tweak, and not full blown!
rgTWLPz.jpg

Thanks Dave, I think I must just have twisted it some, I'm hoping it'll be better in a few days :) How was the surgery pal, is your back OK now? That's a nice pic of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave, I think I must just have twisted it some, I'm hoping it'll be better in a few days :) How was the surgery pal, is your back OK now? That's a nice pic of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack. I was forced to wait too long before the surgery, so I have permanent damage in my L5. Now I have to keep moving, not sit too much, and be careful about twisting like you did. I probably won't downhill ski again, but I can hike and even carry a pretty substantial pack. Fingers crossed for your recovery!

Thanks Jack. I was forced to wait too long before the surgery, so I have permanent damage in my L5. Now I have to keep moving, not sit too much, and be careful about twisting like you did. I probably won't downhill ski again, but I can hike and even carry a pretty substantial pack. Fingers crossed for your recovery!

I'm sorry to hear that Dave, it happens all too often :( Keep moving, and not sitting too much...that's the same with me, though unfortunately I spend far too much time typing. As for twisting, even dancing The Twist, I certainly wouldn't normally rotate as much as I did yesterday, and definitely not as fast! :eek: :D :thumbsup: You seem to do alright my friend :) Thank you for your kind words :thumbsup:

It is a serious issue for those of us with back issues, but it does seem to be a common problem with us "oldies" in the Guardians.:rolleyes: We could start a sub-sub forum medical thread.o_O:rolleyes::thumbsup:. Have a good and safe week everyone.:)

Definitely Leon, I reckon more than half of us here have got back problems of one type or another :( I was 16, when I first hurt mine! :eek: :thumbsup:

I was 16, when I first hurt mine!
Yeah, i did mine in 1980, 40 years ago unloading a container, and i like many i presume was given the wrong advice and treatment. Would not be given that same advise and treatment now, but as with most things medical that was how things were done way back then. One thing that has improved dramatically in my life time is medicine, medical procedures and treatment and this includes dentistry, it has improved out of sight.

Yeah, i did mine in 1980, 40 years ago unloading a container, and i like many i presume was given the wrong advice and treatment. Would not be given that same advise and treatment now, but as with most things medical that was how things were done way back then. One thing that has improved dramatically in my life time is medicine, medical procedures and treatment and this includes dentistry, it has improved out of sight.

Ouch! :( '78, lifting a tool-box out of the back of a Mini-van. I was told to stay in bed for a fortnight o_O :eek:

I know what a fortnight is--not pretending to be young! But I run into people nowadays that never heard of Humphrey Bogart or Cary Grant. And last week, although I was a little embarrassed, I ordered a "senior drink" (which is free) at Whataburger. Starting to feel a little old. :(

Sorry mate! :D I like the idea of Senior Drinks! :cool: :D :thumbsup:

Back