Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I carry a lambsfoot...
Cihjg4d.jpg

...because that's what hobbits carry.

I’m not sure that’s canon, Vince. ;)

It snowed here this morning, but the snow was only just starting to settle when it started to rain o_O It didn't look too heavy at first, but seemed to pick up after I went out, and persisted during the entire time I was out o_O I was thankful for a good waterproof coat :rolleyes:

Thought I'd have a couple of doughnuts with my afternoon cuppa ;) :thumbsup:

4QnQAbC.jpg

Snow?! You’re getting more winter than we are here in MN right now! Of course, you are further north. ;) I saw an interesting map recently that compared the latitudes of North American cities with Europe. Minneapolis lines up with the south of France! o_O :D

That looks like a good afternoon pick-me-up, Jack. :thumbsup: And your HHB is looking good as always!

In Leeds?! You pay £50 for a shave at one of them 'old fashioned barbers' here! :eek: I'm not as green as I'm cabbage-lookin'! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Been watching old Andy Griffith shows from 1960-1961. The barber shop has a price list on the wall. A shave is a quarter, I think. Haircut is a dollar. I pay about $16 or so for a haircut nowadays, but I just give the barber a $20 bill (gotta tip!). Not too bad compared to wife and daughter's haircuts!

Been watching old Andy Griffith shows from 1960-1961. The barber shop has a price list on the wall. A shave is a quarter, I think. Haircut is a dollar. I pay about $16 or so for a haircut nowadays, but I just give the barber a $20 bill (gotta tip!). Not too bad compared to wife and daughter's haircuts!
This is what you get for keeping your hair.

Not sure what you mean, Barrett. It's just an annotated edition. I prefer the original hardback--better size, and I don't need the annotations.

Sorry, Vince, just a joke about your statement that Hobbits carry Lambsfoot knives. I don’t recall a Lambsfoot being specifically mentioned in any of the text ;), which would make it non-canon. :rolleyes:

I recently finished reading The Hobbit to Eleanor at bedtime over a couple weeks. When Gollum is guessing what Bilbo has in his pocketses, “knife” is one of his guesses, and it’s mentioned that Bilbo “had lost his some time ago.” I always imagined Bilbo carrying a penknife, but we won’t talk about that here… :D

Edited to add: Looks like I missed your edit before replying. :D

Last edited:
Snow?! You’re getting more winter than we are here in MN right now! Of course, you are further north. ;) I saw an interesting map recently that compared the latitudes of North American cities with Europe. Minneapolis lines up with the south of France! o_O :D

That looks like a good afternoon pick-me-up, Jack. :thumbsup: And your HHB is looking good as always!

Yeah, we had it first a couple of months or so back :rolleyes: Quite a bit of it fell yesterday a few miles north from here, but we really didn't get much today :) They used to have a map like that at an information centre I used to sometimes camp near about 50 miles south of here, and I think it was on the same line of Latitude as Labrador. When the Gulf Stream packs in, we're going to be in trouble! :eek: Thanks pal, hope you have a great weekend :) :thumbsup:

Yeah, back in the days before Hipsters! o_O They spend most of their lives in fancy barbers shops, and yet they've all got beards! :confused: The place I usually go is nowhere near fancy enough for them. Barber Brian used to charge £4.10, and I usually give him £7 or so because I don't want him to go out of business :rolleyes: I have heard he's put the price up to £5 recently though! :eek: He'll be growing his hair and buying a pair of shades next! :eek: Well, maybe buying a wig! :D ;) :thumbsup:

w3Sdhie.jpg

uUlI0qR.jpg

Yes, got them in one. The modern day version of the Hold Up on the High Street or Highroad.:p:eek::thumbsup::D;).

The gibbet is too good for them mate! ;) :thumbsup:

Yeah, we had it first a couple of months or so back :rolleyes: Quite a bit of it fell yesterday a few miles north from here, but we really didn't get much today :) They used to have a map like that at an information centre I used to sometimes camp near about 50 miles south of here, and I think it was on the same line of Latitude as Labrador. When the Gulf Stream packs in, we're going to be in trouble! :eek: Thanks pal, hope you have a great weekend :) :thumbsup:

Yeah, back in the days before Hipsters! o_O They spend most of their lives in fancy barbers shops, and yet they've all got beards! :confused: The place I usually go is nowhere near fancy enough for them. Barber Brian used to charge £4.10, and I usually give him £7 or so because I don't want him to go out of business :rolleyes: I have heard he's put the price up to £5 recently though! :eek: He'll be growing his hair and buying a pair of shades next! :eek: Well, maybe buying a wig! :D ;) :thumbsup:

w3Sdhie.jpg

uUlI0qR.jpg

You're almost old enough for the discount, Jack! :D

w3Sdhie.jpg

uUlI0qR.jpg

You blokes are spoiled, i qualify for the seniors and pensioners discount, and the CHEAPEST i can get a cut for is 11 pound, or 20 bucks Aussie. And, And, the kids coming through most of them can only use clippers, if you ask them to only use scissors, they look at you as if you're from another planet.o_O.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.:mad::mad::mad:.;).

I started cutting my own hair when the salons closed last Spring. It's not that difficult, except it looks a little choppy in back. (nobody sees the back of your head in Zoom meetings, so who cares?) They're open now, but I save $30 every time I do it myself. Hmm...I should trim my hair every day. I'll be rich!

I started cutting my own hair when the salons closed last Spring. It's not that difficult, except it looks a little choppy in back. (nobody sees the back of your head in Zoom meetings, so who cares?) They're open now, but I save $30 every time I do it myself. Hmm...I should trim my hair every day. I'll be rich!
You would be Rich-with Tennis Elbow.:D:D:D:thumbsup:

Good to see you here Dylan :) That sounds like fun, I'm still struggling to comprehend Christmas is only weeks away - even more than usual! :eek: That is certainly a sweet Lambsfoot my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. Christmas is just around the corner, isn't it? Despite the rather troublesome year, my wife and I surprised ourselves by getting the bulk of our Christmas shopping finished rather early. I hope your hike was pleasant today - I'm sure that dandy of a Hartshead made for delightful company.

Today's beer was a step in the right direction - a wee bit darker.

qURKCnf.jpg

Christmas is just around the corner, isn't it
Good morning or evening Guardians, hope everyone has a good and safe weekend. You mention Christmas not far away, i can only imagine what it is going to be like this year. Just heard some covid numbers this morning from America, just frightening, i just feel so much for everyone in Europe and England and America, the figures are just something that you have trouble getting your head around. Please take care.

FGLUbZm.jpg

Good morning or evening Guardians, hope everyone has a good and safe weekend. You mention Christmas not far away, i can only imagine what it is going to be like this year. Just heard some covid numbers this morning from America, just frightening, i just feel so much for everyone in Europe and England and America, the figures are just something that you have trouble getting your head around. Please take care.

FGLUbZm.jpg
I share you sentiments:(.

You blokes are spoiled, i qualify for the seniors and pensioners discount, and the CHEAPEST i can get a cut for is 11 pound, or 20 bucks Aussie. And, And, the kids coming through most of them can only use clippers, if you ask them to only use scissors, they look at you as if you're from another planet.o_O.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.:mad::mad::mad:.;).

That sounds an awful lot Leon :( Having said that, I don't know any other barbers here who charge as little as Brian. He's a decent barber too, and spends ages on some folks, but still charges them the same :thumbsup:

I just went back to doing my own hair, which I did for about 2O years. I only have it cut with the clippers anyway :)

You would be Rich-with Tennis Elbow.:D:D:D:thumbsup:

:eek: :D

Thank you, Jack. Christmas is just around the corner, isn't it? Despite the rather troublesome year, my wife and I surprised ourselves by getting the bulk of our Christmas shopping finished rather early. I hope your hike was pleasant today - I'm sure that dandy of a Hartshead made for delightful company.

Today's beer was a step in the right direction - a wee bit darker.

qURKCnf.jpg

Nice work Dylan :thumbsup: I had a grand hike thank you my friend, and will hopefully be able to post some pics tomorrow. Unfortunately, I was trying to get over a broken stile, which really was in a state, and it see-sawed and jarred my back. So I am laid on the sofa, hoping it will not be any worse tomorrow o_O I am enjoying seeing your advent calendar beers, and that's a great pic there with your WCLF buddy :) :thumbsup:

FGLUbZm.jpg

Those numbers are indeed quite staggering, it's going to be a rotten Christmas for a lot of poor souls :(

Hope you had an enjoyable hike today Jack. I might do the same today too as the sun came out and the air is invigorating:thumbsup: Nice photo of your HHB.:thumbsup: What is in the tin? Dark chocolate?

Hope you managed to get out Bill :) The weather here wasn't too bad, and it wasn't as cold as they had forecast. Apart from my mishap right at the end of my walk, I had a pretty nice day :) Thanks for the kind words. That chocolate is Sho-ka-kola, which I was introduced to by another member, and find makes a pretty good hiking chocolate, with the bonus of a useful tin afterwards :D :thumbsup:

Back