Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

No snow in Punta Gorda, Florida . . . it's supposed to hit 80° today.

Happy Holidays to All the Guardians!!

tnXAQiP.jpg

Merry Christmas to everyone.

wB3WWiZ.jpg

Very nice Rachel :) :thumbsup: t

Yes, me too.
Technically I am supposed to see him again in 6 months according to our guidelines at work.
I tweaked the guidelines so I will see him again much sooner than that.
He is 95, got wounded just before the end of the war. That would make him 19 years old at that time.
Considering the time from enlisting and training he was probably 17 when he joined .... my daughter's age ... wow.

The flock :)

FWGBE4L.jpg
That is quite an age Dan :) Classic pic :thumbsup:
Thankyou GT and back at you.:D Nice photo capturing the holiday season.

Wishing you all the best this Christmas season Jack.:thumbsup: I hope for a healthy and happy new year for you and yours.:D I do not remember how or when exactly that I got drawn in to the Guardians "culture" but it has steadily grown on me. I may never meet any of those people whom with I have corresponded but I continue to enjoy it. I used to think that the things I have bring me joy but really it's the interpersonal relationships that I treasure and the many kindnesses that I have received. Thank you for all those treasures that you have shared with me. I will never forget it.:) Hoping that your ailing back feels better soon.

Merry Christmas Guardians and all. I am so happy that my youngest child is able to visit us during this holiday season. My other two could not make the trip but we are thinking of them and I'm sure we will "see" them on Face Time.
To all, Have a "Cool Yule and a Frantic First".:D:D:D
My favorite photo of my favorite knife:
View attachment 1478943

Many thanks Bill, the same to you my friend, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Great shot of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

White Christmas. "Ptui", as Snoopy used to say.
2be793d81c1e90c23b1f41bacba493da.jpg

X7CD7pO.jpg

Oh, well. We used to expect the first serious snow on Thanksgiving weekend, so we've dodged a month of bullets.

:D :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas, Guardians!
xZFfSFZ.jpg

The same to you Vince :) Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

No snow in Punta Gorda, Florida . . . it's supposed to hit 80° today.

Happy Holidays to All the Guardians!!

tnXAQiP.jpg

Sounds like a British summer Jeff! :D Have a great time buddy, two good-looking Lambsfoot knives there :) :thumbsup:

It may be a day early, but I have had a good Christmas meal, which I'm just rounding off with a few glasses of Port. Plenty of leftovers for tomorrow too ;) :thumbsup:

IMG_20201224_183421253.jpg

:eek: :eek: :D

Beautiful photo David, I love the colours. I hope you had a great walk, something I'm definitely missing :thumbsup:

View attachment 1478911

Thanks Jack, not had many walks myself recently.
That's a great Christmas jumper; I'd love one of them in adult sizes. :D

Yes, me too.
Technically I am supposed to see him again in 6 months according to our guidelines at work.
I tweaked the guidelines so I will see him again much sooner than that.
He is 95, got wounded just before the end of the war. That would make him 19 years old at that time.
Considering the time from enlisting and training he was probably 17 when he joined .... my daughter's age ... wow.

The flock :)

FWGBE4L.jpg

Good on you Dan. If he offers to tell anymore stories why don't you ask him if he'd mind you recording them? Working in health care for 20 years I've met some old folk who had incredible stories to tell. Lost count of the number of times I got pulled up by various bosses 'cos I'd disappeared only to found chatting to some old war vet' or adventurer.

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
d2Np1Al.jpg

Wishing all the Guardians a very Merry Christmas and a grand New Year.
full

The same to you my friend, great pic :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, not had many walks myself recently.
That's a great Christmas jumper; I'd love one of them in adult sizes. :D

Good on you Dan. If he offers to tell anymore stories why don't you ask him if he'd mind you recording them? Working in health care for 20 years I've met some old folk who had incredible stories to tell. Lost count of the number of times I got pulled up by various bosses 'cos I'd disappeared only to found chatting to some old war vet' or adventurer.

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
d2Np1Al.jpg

Yeah, me too, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it after I've opened the bottle! :D :thumbsup:

Cool pic David, cheers mate :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas, and I hope you all have wonderful day :) :thumbsup:

IMG_20201225_091055276.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Christmas, Guardians! :):thumbsup:
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
3lambs.flock.jpg

Sadly, we're not gathering with family to celebrate Christmas this year, but my lambsfoot flock/family is all together! ;)
8lambs.mark.V.jpg

- GT

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
View attachment 1479449

Sadly, we're not gathering with family to celebrate Christmas this year, but my lambsfoot flock/family is all together! ;)
View attachment 1479450

- GT

Great pics GT, hope you have a lovely day :) :thumbsup:

Very nice Rachel :) :thumbsup: t

That is quite an age Dan :) Classic pic :thumbsup:

Many thanks Bill, the same to you my friend, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Great shot of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

The same to you Vince :) Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Sounds like a British summer Jeff! :D Have a great time buddy, two good-looking Lambsfoot knives there :) :thumbsup:

It may be a day early, but I have had a good Christmas meal, which I'm just rounding off with a few glasses of Port. Plenty of leftovers for tomorrow too ;) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1479136

The same to you my friend, great pic :) :thumbsup:

Yeah, me too, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it after I've opened the bottle! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas, and I hope you all have wonderful day :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1479443

Merry Christmas Jack.:thumbsup: Very nice photos:thumbsup:. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Good Christmas morning Guardians and all. All the best to you and a happy & Healthy New Year. Beautiful sunny morning here in Coast North Carolina but the temperature dropped from 70 degrees F last night to 32 Degrees F this morning.:eek: Still,,,we lucked out and no snow.:D

IMG_2762.JPG

View attachment 1479443

Well if you drink all of that bottle you can put it on the next one. :D:thumbsup:
Cheers, but it looks like I actually forgot to include my lambsfoot.
Wonderful picture, the Robins are out (we have three!) in our very cold and frosty garden today.

View attachment 1479449

View attachment 1479450

- GT

Wonderful pics GT; good to see your flock together for a family portrait. Love your little sheep, especially the one with the scarf. :D:thumbsup:

Merry Christmas, peace and goodwill to you all.
XqaSlAw.jpg

iBzYhXD.jpg

Merry Christmas Jack.:thumbsup: Very nice photos:thumbsup:. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Good Christmas morning Guardians and all. All the best to you and a happy & Healthy New Year. Beautiful sunny morning here in Coast North Carolina but the temperature dropped from 70 degrees F last night to 32 Degrees F this morning.:eek: Still,,,we lucked out and no snow.:D

View attachment 1479465

Thanks Bill, I'm reduced to just taking pics on my phone at the moment :rolleyes: The same to you my friend, that's a fantastic pic :cool: Wow, that's quite a temperature drop! :eek: Glad you've got some sunshine though :) It's much the same here, not a bad day, but cold :thumbsup:

Well if you drink all of that bottle you can put it on the next one. :D:thumbsup:
Cheers, but it looks like I actually forgot to include my lambsfoot.
Wonderful picture, the Robins are out (we have three!) in our very cold and frosty garden today.

Wonderful pics GT; good to see your flock together for a family portrait. Love your little sheep, especially the one with the scarf. :D:thumbsup:

XqaSlAw.jpg

iBzYhXD.jpg

Thanks mate, great pics there :) Hope you're having a smashing day. I had coffee and whiskey with my neighbours, and gave them and their kids presents, then had soup out in the street with some more neighbours. I'm not planning on going far for the rest of the day now, just watch some films, and try and make a dint in my booze and food stockpile! :D :thumbsup:

Holiday croissant leavings.
i3jgj6c.jpg

Time to arise with my spirit prepared to fight the driveway and sidewalk.

Nice way to start the day Jer :) Have a good one buddy :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks mate, great pics there :) Hope you're having a smashing day. I had coffee and whiskey with my neighbours, and gave them and their kids presents, then had soup out in the street with some more neighbours. I'm not planning on going far for the rest of the day now, just watch some films, and try and make a dint in my booze and food stockpile! :D :thumbsup:

Nice to meet up with your neighbours Jack! Sounds like a nice way to spend Christmas Day!
Good luck with dinting that booze cache! I'm going to need field artillery or a herd of rampaging elephants to make a dint in my stockpile. :cool:
That reminds me, I better refill my flagon...

Great pics GT, hope you have a lovely day :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) I hope your holiday festivities yesterday didn't cause any setbacks for your back.

Thanks, David. If humans often wear scarves made of wool, I wonder what a scarf worn by a cantankerous old ram is made of?? :eek::D
Thanks for the Christmas greetings and the seasonal photos, and I'll echo your wish for everyone! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Time to arise with my spirit prepared to fight the driveway and sidewalk.
Smite the white with all your might, Jer!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Lam Jack gone a-caroling!
LJ.carolers.lamp.jpg

- GT

Thanks, David. If humans often wear scarves made of wool, I wonder what a scarf worn by a cantankerous old ram is made of?? :eek::D
Thanks for the Christmas greetings and the seasonal photos, and I'll echo your wish for everyone! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1479475

- GT

Good question. Alpaca or mohair? :D
What a great little scene there; could be good 'ole London town. :D

Nice to meet up with your neighbours Jack! Sounds like a nice way to spend Christmas Day!
Good luck with dinting that booze cache! I'm going to need field artillery or a herd of rampaging elephants to make a dint in my stockpile. :cool:
That reminds me, I better refill my flagon...

Yeah, been a nice day David :) I still have booze left from last Christmas! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) I hope your holiday festivities yesterday didn't cause any setbacks for your back.

Smite the white with all your might, Jer!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

View attachment 1479475

- GT

Thanks Gary, I'm going to try to rest it today :) That's another great pic there pal :thumbsup:

LOL Jack! Mine wouldn't last that long. :cool:
This isn't all of it, there's what's in the garage rafters to.... :eek::D

RMlZowk.jpg

Looks like you're well stocked up David :) I think I have over 20 bottles of spirits, 20-30 bottles of wine, and a couple of hundred bottles of beer :eek: Had a real smorgasbord today, everything from cocktails to fruit beers :D :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

IMG_20201225_191914842.jpg

Last edited:
Merry Christmas Guardians!!!

Carrying my Heart's Head Barlow. More issues with Imgur. Can't post pictures...:mad::mad:
Looks like you're well stocked up David :) I think I have over 20 bottles of spirits, 20-30 bottles of wine, and a couple of hundred bottles of beer :eek: Had a real smorgasbord today, everything from cocktails to fruit beers :D :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1479561

Jack nice combo!!!

Back