Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Don't forget pints and quarts!

Quarts are rarely used here PJ, a British pint being slightly larger (20 fl oz) than a US pint (16 fl oz). There are still eight pints to the gallon though :thumbsup:

This summer, I contemplated going shirtless under my braces on a hot day, but my wife and daughter strenuously objected, and although I felt obligated to put up some resistance in the name of personal freedom, it was definitely an unflattering fashion statement! :eek::D
I quite like the tastefully lined bolster on the 2018 run of horn lambsfoot knives. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for your consistent acknowledgement of my "contributions" to this (and other) threads, Jack. :)

LOL! Sounds like a good way to get 'go faster stripes' GT! :D My friend on the tool-stall, who is an avid wearer of braces, regularly strips down to braces over his vest - not the same as a vest in the US of course! ;) Maybe, when I pick up my new vest/waistcoat, I will try wearing braces underneath it, but over my shirt :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

Decidedly delightful duo, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Speaking of floating boats, I'm probably not drawn to California Zinfandel (Infidel?:rolleyes:), but the "nibbles" would definitely float my boat! :thumbsup:;)

And milking donn donn 's nautical theme for all it's worth, here's my Union Jack sitting on the dock of Cedarville Bay a couple of months ago:
View attachment 1003317

- GT

Thanks again GT :) Until recently, I hadn't had a Zinfandel for years, but a new local supermarket stocks a couple of half-decent varieties :) That's a great pic of your Union Jack :thumbsup:

I bought a can of the Nevr-Dull Dave recommended at a hardware store when I was on vacation and had purchased some flea market knives I wanted to try to clean up. I don't think I'm as impressed as Dave is, but we may have had different tasks in mind. I wanted a product that could remove rust as well as grime, and a tiny chunk of fine steel wool I had in my toolbox was much better at rust removal than was the Nevr-Dull. (The can I bought looked like it may have sat on the shelf for decades, though. :rolleyes:)
oh-oh I was referring to removing the sticky tape residue and tarnish. :oops: I haven't found anything that will remove rust spots.:confused:
So sorry Gary, please send me a PayPal request for payment and I will make it right.

Having an Aussie Shiraz with the stew I made earlier ;) :thumbsup:

ZOXIJJB.jpg

Interesting pics David :) :thumbsup:

Thanks David. That Warrior still has a menacing look even now! :eek: Whatever happened to her sister ship Black Prince?

Thanks chaps. That picture from Spinnaker Tower actually contains over 500 years of Royal Navy history.
Most obvious is the recently launched aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth. HMS Warrior is there to, launched 1860. If you look closely just above and to the left of Warrior's foremast is HMS Victory. Launched in 1765 she was Nelson's flagship at the Battle of Trafalgar and still holds the ceremonial position of being the flagship of the Royal Navy. Currently bereft of spars and rigging as she's undergoing a multi-year restoration. Just behind Victory is an odd looking grey elipitical building. That is the Mary Rose museum, housing the remains of the Mary Rose. Launched in 1511 she was King Henry VIII's flagship. She sank in the Solent in 1545 and was raised in 1982.
Dwight, all the ironclads were scrapped as newer and more advanced ships came along. I believe not a single one of them ever fired a shot in anger.

Morning Guardians, have a great Sunday :) :thumbsup:

WdIACdQ.jpg

Jack what's the iron on the paracord? Is it a fire striker or a prybar?

Hope you have a nice lunch, I've just made my first stew of the year :) :thumbsup:

Good Lord Jack, it must have been barmy in God's Own. We've been eating stews in the north-west for the past 2 weeks :D
It's been a dull dank dismal dreary day here. So when it's like that there's little else to do but this...
Q5H4puE.jpg

Hope your all having a great Sunday :thumbsup:

Thanks chaps. That picture from Spinnaker Tower actually contains over 500 years of Royal Navy history.
Most obvious is the recently launched aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth. HMS Warrior is there to, launched 1860. If you look closely just above and to the left of Warrior's foremast is HMS Victory. Launched in 1765 she was Nelson's flagship at the Battle of Trafalgar and still holds the ceremonial position of being the flagship of the Royal Navy. Currently bereft of spars and rigging as she's undergoing a multi-year restoration. Just behind Victory is an odd looking grey elipitical building. That is the Mary Rose museum, housing the remains of the Mary Rose. Launched in 1511 she was King Henry VIII's flagship. She sank in the Solent in 1545 and was raised in 1982.
Dwight, all the ironclads were scrapped as newer and more advanced ships came along. I believe not a single one of them ever fired a shot in anger.

Jack what's the iron on the paracord? Is it a fire striker or a prybar?

Good Lord Jack, it must have been barmy in God's Own. We've been eating stews in the north-west for the past 2 weeks :D
It's been a dull dank dismal dreary day here. So when it's like that there's little else to do but this...
Q5H4puE.jpg

Hope your all having a great Sunday :thumbsup:

Nice bit of history there David :) That's my latest fire-steel, made by Bethel Forge, really liking it, weighs nothing, and throws a load of sparks :) I do have a couple of wee pry-bars, but they're bigger than that. Even though the weather has been miserable here this weekend, it hasn't been cold David, but something about the gloom made me fancy a heart stew ;) I've been reading too my friend, cool pic :) :thumbsup:

Nice bit of history there David :) That's my latest fire-steel, made by Bethel Forge, really liking it, weighs nothing, and throws a load of sparks :) I do have a couple of wee pry-bars, but they're bigger than that. Even though the weather has been miserable here this weekend, it hasn't been cold David, but something about the gloom made me fancy a heart stew ;) I've been reading too my friend, cool pic :) :thumbsup:

Cheers for that Jack, I'll look into it. I was gifted a firesteel last year but either I'm useless at it or it's poor quality. Not helped by the fact that flint is virtually unknown in this part of the country. I am though a wizz with modern firesteels so I'm leaning towards the quality aspect??
Portsmouth is just dripping in history Jack and is well worth a few days. Modern Portsmouth were all the shops are is a bit rubbish but the museums and Old Portsmouth are very good. The Historic Dockyard isn't cheap but it's worth every penny and your ticket is valid for a year. I highly recommend it :thumbsup:
The stew sounds delicious by the way :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers for that Jack, I'll look into it. I was gifted a firesteel last year but either I'm useless at it or it's poor quality. Not helped by the fact that flint is virtually unknown in this part of the country. I am though a wizz with modern firesteels so I'm leaning towards the quality aspect??
Portsmouth is just dripping in history Jack and is well worth a few days. Modern Portsmouth were all the shops are is a bit rubbish but the museums and Old Portsmouth are very good. The Historic Dockyard isn't cheap but it's worth every penny and your ticket is valid for a year. I highly recommend it :thumbsup:
The stew sounds delicious by the way :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you want to PM me an address, I'll send you a couple of knapped flints over David. It's really easy once you get the hang of it :thumbsup:

I'm afraid that the only times I've been to Portsmouth its been to catch ferry connections, I think the longest I've been there is about 4 or 5 hours :(

By the way, my post should have read 'hearty stew' rather than 'heart stew'! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! :) I loved the week with Pam, our daughter and my Grand Dog at the seashore! We had a great time. However, I am definitely glad to be home! ;)

That sounds fantastic Ron :) Nice that you were glad to be home too :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend :) The cold, dark mornings are definitely here in England now :( I'm starting off the week with my AC :) Have a good week folks :thumbsup:

hrg55Ag.jpg
Beauty Jack have a great day!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Back