Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

You know me too well my friend! I already took it in anticipation of what I'll be carrying tomorrow! :D :D :thumbsup:

HSHyo40.jpg
As handsome a brace of knives as I've seen.

Sounds like a good day Jack other than yours falling between the cracks. I just received this stag by Mr. Maleham that I got off the exchange.
I've heard some make excuses for a lack of f&f but I have no complaints whatsoever. It's well made and looks good. I have a nice group of some gorgeous stag but this smooth stag is cool too. I'm one happy camper.View attachment 1077824 View attachment 1077825

That looks very nice Alan, great pics too :thumbsup:

As handsome a brace of knives as I've seen.

Thank you kind sir :) :thumbsup:

Apart from learning some sad news - https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ales-vignettes.754492/page-1138#post-18805147 - I had a good day over in Sheffield today. Picked up the second batch of 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot knives, took John Maleham for lunch, slipped Ashley some beer-money for the weekend, had a good chat with his dad Michael, bumped into Paul Iseard, the supposedly retired (but certainly not retiring) proprietor of The Famous Sheffield Shop, and acquired these recently discovered old hand-forged Lambsfoot knives :) And the weather has been great today too! :)

4KUo2P2.jpg

Sad about not getting my own Guardians Lambsfoot, but glad to have those of you other patient folks here with me :) After dark here, but here they are in my kitchen :thumbsup:

njLO9yX.jpg

FJkUSZ3.jpg
My condolences, Jack. I noticed a thread that I had put off reading regarding vintage Sheffield knife collecting. Started reading with great interest, and not being fully cognizant of being on page one. When I did, I went to the last page and saw the news. Clearly a tremendous loss. Very sorry.

I was looking at some surprisingly dark ebony just today :eek: ;) :thumbsup:
Lucky man!

That looks great John, you ever try some onions in there?
Vegetables? I'm a meat n potatoes guy ;)

That looks delicious.
Thanks, my son enjoyed most of it :oops:

acquired these recently discovered old hand-forged Lambsfoot knives :)
4KUo2P2.jpg
You could round the edges and sell them as souvenir knife picks ;)

Another fantastic group of ironwoods. The second group will be as happy as the first.

I spotted this one on the bench today, Big 'Un in ebony, managed to talk them into letting me have it ;) :) :thumbsup:

wwY61Hw.jpg
Nice pick up, Jack.

Thanks Jack. Always glad to find a new pattern and scratch my head as to how did I overlook these?

Isn't it a good one? :) :thumbsup:

My condolences, Jack. I noticed a thread that I had put off reading regarding vintage Sheffield knife collecting. Started reading with great interest, and not being fully cognizant of being on page one. When I did, I went to the last page and saw the news. Clearly a tremendous loss. Very sorry.

Thank you my friend :) I was certainly no closer to Mick than many other good friends here, and only knew him through this and other knife forums, through our personal interactions, and through our shared friends in Sheffield, but he is certainly a great loss to the international knife community, and it's so very sad that his superlative knife collection has been lost :( :thumbsup:

Lucky man!

You were never far from my thoughts John ;) :thumbsup:

Vegetables? I'm a meat n potatoes guy ;)

:D :thumbsup:

You could round the edges and sell them as souvenir knife picks ;)

Or get them stamped, drilled, hardened, and made up into knives! :D :thumbsup:

Another fantastic group of ironwoods. The second group will be as happy as the first.

Thank you my friend, I do hope so :) :thumbsup:

Nice pick up, Jack.

I'm beginning to wonder if, knowing that I'm on my way, they deliberately leave things like this lying around to snare the contents of my wallet! :D :thumbsup:

Isn't it a good one? :) :thumbsup:
It's better than good. Here's what I think.

I was curious with some of the same questions others have raised. I'd heard that f&f could be spotty with nail breaker pulls. I bought this one off the exchange so I was optimistic. I have a collection of some great stag knives and this is some fat, smooth stag. But it's still cool looking. The pull without a half stop is smooth and even, about a 6-7. The blade is centered and sharp with no blade play. Is it perfect? No, the pins are a little rough and there is a very, very slight gap where the stag meets the liners on the underside (the blade well). All in all it's a very satisfying knife that I will be glad to carry and would be happy to show off.

Last edited:
Good morning! Cool photo.

img_5614-jpeg.1077653
Very nice wildlife photo!:cool::thumbsup:
The rosewood helping out with breakfast this morning... Did a great job chopping potatoes and corned beef :)
Mmmm, breakfast at John's house! Looks like RoseLamb did a good job winning 'Chopped' .:D:thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians. Hope each and everyone of you have a great day...remember Lambsfoot allow you to be healthy, wealthy and wise.;)
IMG_0935.JPG
Hide-a-hoot! Nice!:D:thumbsup:
Well then John, I will repost this one. :D
View attachment 1077701
Hide-a-hoot, The Sequel! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:Love the stag!
Owls good, eagles better!
View attachment 1077715
Didn't eagles save the day in "The Hobbit"?
Yes, they saved them from the Orcs, but then fed them to the hatchlings! True story!:p:thumbsup: that Ironwood is certainly eagle worthy!:thumbsup:
Very sorry to hear that Dennis, I know how painful a trapped nerve can be. I have had trouble with my neck since I was a kid, and have 2 misaligned neck vertebrae and degenerative arthritis. So far, it's among the least of my worries though. I hope you can get some relief my friend, sounds rotten :( :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Jack!
Really sorry to hear about your long suffering!:( If it's one of your least worries, I fear to think what's among your worst!:oops: Best wishes to you!:thumbsup:
An addition to the fold...
fullsizeoutput_1051-jpeg.1077777
Outdoor IronLamb, great shot!!:eek::thumbsup:

:) And the weather has been great today too! :)

4KUo2P2.jpg

but here they are in my kitchen :thumbsup:

njLO9yX.jpg

FJkUSZ3.jpg
FANTASTIC! I want the one next to the other!:D
Congratulations to those in anticipation!
Hopefully Dave @dc50 will get his be
Very sorry to hear about the loss of Mick. And what a tragedy about his collection. Glad you had a profitable and enjoyable day Jack. I have one of Mr Maleham's ironwood lambs. Here it is.View attachment 1077784

edit - The new iron lambs look terrific Jack! :)
Yes, sorry to here about Mick.:(

But a wonderful Ironwood that one is!!:eek::thumbsup:

Mine today...
cwBTLsp.jpg

Or get them stamped, drilled, hardened, and made up into knives!
Sounds like a lot of work, but would be fun to see.

I'm beginning to wonder if, knowing that I'm on my way, they deliberately leave things like this lying around to snare the contents of my wallet!
They know you too well, Jack. They probably set several out and then take bets on which one you'll go home with. Lol :D

Mmmm, breakfast at John's house!
Any time, as long as you're a meat and potato man. ;)

Mine today...
cwBTLsp.jpg
It's almost Guinness month, isn't it? Nice picture of a beautiful knife.

I spotted this one on the bench today, Big 'Un in ebony, managed to talk them into letting me have it ;) :) :thumbsup:

wwY61Hw.jpg
How do you say "lucky" in your country?:eek::D:thumbsup:
Yes Barrett, I had a few finds on Leeds market before I went to Sheffield too ;)

You know me too well my friend! I already took it in anticipation of what I'll be carrying tomorrow! :D :D :thumbsup:

HSHyo40.jpg

Thanks guys :) :thumbsup:
Que song "Ebony and Ivory"! Lovely!
I'm one happy camper.
img_7825-01-1024x769-jpeg.1077824
img_7826-1024x767-jpg.1077825
My weakness, lovely stag!:cool::thumbsup:
Nothing wrong with that!! I'm right (Wright?) there with you!:D:thumbsup:
Any time, as long as you're a meat and potato man. ;)

It's almost Guinness month, isn't it? Nice picture of a beautiful knife.
Is there anything else than meat snd potatoes?

Yes, every month it Guinness month!:D I do believe in March?

Thanks for the compliment on the Ironwood!:):thumbsup:

Last edited:
Our last visit to see my folks in NM, I wound up with a pinched nerve. Turns out I have severe arthritis in my neck, and that is closing down on my nerves coming out of the spinal column. Had physical therapy and 3 epidurals in the neck, not much help.

Now that is funny! Thanks for the chuckle!:D:thumbsup:
I hope that you get relief, and in an easy manner!!

An addition to the fold...
fullsizeoutput_1051-jpeg.1077777
I'm glad that one found the right home. ;)

wwY61Hw.jpg
Bam-ba-Lamb! :thumbsup:
Thank you my friend :) I was certainly no closer to Mick than many other good friends here, and only knew him through this and other knife forums, through our personal interactions, and through our shared friends in Sheffield, but he is certainly a great loss to the international knife community, and it's so very sad that his superlative knife collection has been lost :( :thumbsup:
Very sad news, indeed. :(

Or get them stamped, drilled, hardened, and made up into knives! :D :thumbsup:
I've had a crazy idea for a while to take an antler tip, and cut a slot in it to make a friction folder. Seems like it would be easy, with no need to fit a backspring. I pictured using an Opinel blade, but wouldn't a lambsfoot look nice?

Back