Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Great pictures recently from scrteened porch, JohnDF, pjsjr, Fodderwing, dc50, and joeradza!!!
And the Eagle picture from Prester John made me smile. :)
Jack, very interesting to see those old stock blades, and of course great to see the newest batch of ironwood models.

I'm beginning to wonder if, knowing that I'm on my way, they deliberately leave things like this lying around to snare the contents of my wallet! :D :thumbsup:
I had to quickly clamp my lips to retain the drink I just took... that is ALL-SOME. :D I think they might have you figured out... Beautiful round two of this year's guardian knives, I know the owners will be as thrilled as the rest of us! Thanks again Jack!

A lovely pair of Lambsfootses Russell! :thumbsup: :)

Thank you Ron!

Superb pics Russell :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack.

The pages on here run so fast, you almost have to be a marathon runner to keep up.:D:)

Nice grab on the ebony lambsfoot Jack, what will they have for you next time.;)

E0C19F21-8073-4365-959B-E24262231819.jpeg

I spotted this one on the bench today, Big 'Un in ebony, managed to talk them into letting me have it
It is gorgeous Jack! Is the ebony as dark as it looks?

You know me too well my friend! I already took it in anticipation of what I'll be carrying tomorrow!
My oh my they look good together. Is the Yorkshire Rose slightly larger than the big'un?

I just received this stag by Mr. Maleham that I got off the exchange.
Very nice scales. Looks so much like walrus tusks.

Thank you Ron!

Thank you Jack.

The pages on here run so fast, you almost have to be a marathon runner to keep up.:D:)

View attachment 1078094
My that is beautiful!

Some of you love your patina, I however only let it go so far before I clean it off :D
Nice shot, John! A clean knife is a happy knife!

e0c19f21-8073-4365-959b-e24262231819-jpeg.1078094
A-OK Antler!

Apart from learning some sad news - https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ales-vignettes.754492/page-1138#post-18805147 - I had a good day over in Sheffield today. Picked up the second batch of 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot knives, took John Maleham for lunch, slipped Ashley some beer-money for the weekend, had a good chat with his dad Michael, bumped into Paul Iseard, the supposedly retired (but certainly not retiring) proprietor of The Famous Sheffield Shop, and acquired these recently discovered old hand-forged Lambsfoot knives :) And the weather has been great today too! :)

4KUo2P2.jpg

Sad about not getting my own Guardians Lambsfoot, but glad to have those of you other patient folks here with me :) After dark here, but here they are in my kitchen :thumbsup:

njLO9yX.jpg

FJkUSZ3.jpg

Those are beautiful knives Jack...……. Thank you for all you do...…….

Thank you Ron!

Thank you Jack.

View attachment 1078094
There’s something very compelling about this cover. What does the other side look like.

It's better than good. Here's what I think.

I was curious with some of the same questions others have raised. I'd heard that f&f could be spotty with nail breaker pulls. I bought this one off the exchange so I was optimistic. I have a collection of some great stag knives and this is some fat, smooth stag. But it's still cool looking. The pull without a half stop is smooth and even, about a 6-7. The blade is centered and sharp with no blade play. Is it perfect? No, the pins are a little rough and there is a very, very slight gap where the stag meets the liners on the underside (the blade well). All in all it's a very satisfying knife that I will be glad to carry and would be happy to show off.

Thank you for your further thoughts my friend, very interesting to read, particularly your thoughts on the pull, I do think some folks are put off by exaggerated stories of 'nail-breaker pulls'. I've seen plenty of minor flaws on Wright's standard range, particularly in the past, but never come across any blade-play :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Jack!
Really sorry to hear about your long suffering!:( If it's one of your least worries, I fear to think what's among your worst!:oops: Best wishes to you!:thumbsup:

Mine today...
cwBTLsp.jpg

I need putting in a bag and shaking up Dennis, as my mother used to say! :D Right now, most of the time, my neck does not cause me much trouble beyond some stiffness (and it 'cracks' like crazy) :thumbsup: Great pic there my friend :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like a lot of work, but would be fun to see.

They know you too well, Jack. They probably set several out and then take bets on which one you'll go home with. Lol :D

Much the same as with all Wright's other knives John, they're all made like that, and by hand, just not usually with hand-forged blades :thumbsup:

You know you might be right! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

I just now slapped my palm to my forehead Jack ;) LOL

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

How do you say "lucky" in your country?:eek::D:thumbsup:

'Ee's still got all 'is own teeth'! :D :thumbsup:

Bam-ba-Lamb! :thumbsup:

Very sad news, indeed. :(

I've had a crazy idea for a while to take an antler tip, and cut a slot in it to make a friction folder. Seems like it would be easy, with no need to fit a backspring. I pictured using an Opinel blade, but wouldn't a lambsfoot look nice?

:) :) :thumbsup:

Please see my latest comments in the Lounge Rachel :thumbsup:

Great idea Rachel, I've seen it done before (though not with a Lambsfoot). Maybe I could talk Wright's into letting me buy a blade? :thumbsup:

Jack, very interesting to see those old stock blades, and of course great to see the newest batch of ironwood models.

:thumbsup:

With a Yorkshire accent! (See "The Four Yorkshiremen" skit) ;)

:D :thumbsup:

I had to quickly clamp my lips to retain the drink I just took... that is ALL-SOME. :D I think they might have you figured out... Beautiful round two of this year's guardian knives, I know the owners will be as thrilled as the rest of us! Thanks again Jack!

:D :thumbsup:

Jack, I wonder what in the world would make them come up with an idea like that? ;):eek::D

They know a sucker when they see one! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thanks for the picture of the second round of 2019 Guardian lambsfoots Jack Black Jack Black ! My condolences again on your loss.

Thanks Joshua, though please see my latest posts in the Lounge :thumbsup:

Some of you love your patina, I however only let it go so far before I clean it off :D

Still looks good my friend! ;) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1078094

Who knows Russell, I always have to make a trip to the bank?! :rolleyes: ;) Smashing pic there my friend :thumbsup:

It is gorgeous Jack! Is the ebony as dark as it looks?

My oh my they look good together. Is the Yorkshire Rose slightly larger than the big'un?

Very nice scales. Looks so much like walrus tusks.

My that is beautiful!

Thanks Dwight, I was very surprised by how dark it is, came from a musical instrument manufacturer (pieces were too short for them) :) They are both the same size :thumbsup:

John Lloyd commented that it almost looked like elk, but probably wasn't Sambar stag but another lesser known deer.

It's Pere David stag :thumbsup:

Those are beautiful knives Jack...……. Thank you for all you do...…….

Thank you my friend :thumbsup:

I had a bad night, and have tons of work to do, so I better get moving. Predictably, I am carrying...

HSHyo40.jpg

Will try to get more pics later :thumbsup:

Back