Harness Jacks- any collectors?

Me too...lol. That celluloid on that Remington is fantastic, not to mention the knife as well.

I know this is an old thread, but I figured a post here might plant a seed in your mind, waynorth waynorth .

When I first started buying GECs, I avoided those with liner locks. Over time, I've come to love them and now seek them out! But perhaps the most appropriate use of a liner lock that I could think of is on the punch of a harness jack.

I wonder if on your 11th HJ you might consider one with a liner lock? :rolleyes:

It would be pretty epic.

Ao71PZm.jpg

Well now that the thread is resurrected...might as well throw in:D:thumbsup:

Seeing Vapors HJ9 Ialways get shivers- never forgetting the Punch driving itself into my finger so hard that even when I shook my hand it stayed in- Im pretty sure I hit a higher note as the weight of the Knife hit it's end of the swing :D:eek:

Jeff, those early 54's are Stunning to say the least, and lets not go by that Solingen HJ- Cool - share the punch man- share the punch ( in other words lets see all of it lol )

ik6i2aO.jpg

Charlie- Fancy apologising for extra pictures of THAT knife!!!! :eek: :)
Wash your mouth out Sir!
mmmmm see that sharp cornered "C" on the Case Shield eh!
Havent heard much about CASE Springfield Charlie!:oops:

John- Mammoth Mammoth my friend

Christian - Thats a nice Old Keen Kutter, that would be a re WW2 knife I'd say ( stand to be corrected friends ).
Can I ask which HJ you are using to commit sacrilege - sorry to Strike Flint? lol :D:eek:

Charlie this ol fella was asking after you....just an amazing HJ....Wow! IO love everything about this very old Battler - and he's still here to tell the tale well!

Gw5TxbG.jpg

VxtFEKA.jpg

Last edited:
Christian - Thats a nice Old Keen Kutter, that would be a re WW2 knife I'd say ( stand to be corrected friends ).
Can I ask which HJ you are using to commit sacrilege - sorry to Strike Flint? lol :D:eek:

I'm not sure Duncan. I'll bow to your judgment, it is your knife after all. Or did you forget that I sent it your way? :eek:

My teamster days are long past. ;) It's an old Miller Bros. The punch lost the tip before the knife made its way into my hands, so its leatherworking capability was greatly compromised. The edge is still good though, so it makes a dandy striker.

17240315436_91e3494c25_c.jpg

I'm not sure Duncan. I'll bow to your judgment, it is your knife after all. Or did you forget that I sent it your way? :eek:

My teamster days are long past. ;) It's an old Miller Bros. The punch lost the tip before the knife made its way into my hands, so its leatherworking capability was greatly compromised. The edge is still good though, so it makes a dandy striker.

17240315436_91e3494c25_c.jpg

No my friend- certainly not forgotten, I just saw that photo and thought you are ramping up the HJ's as you had two- well then- yes It has the earlier Keen Kutter ( Simmons ) Stamp so Im thinking ( help me out here others if you have a bit more of an idea ) That this HJ would be a 20 to 30's Knife? I agree with myself then - because it IS a nice one!
Man that Miller Bros is an older Beauty isnt it- mind you when is a Miller not nice?

Charlie- Fancy apologising for extra pictures of THAT knife!!!! :eek: :)
Wash your mouth out Sir!
mmmmm see that sharp cornered "C" on the Case Shield eh!
Havent heard much about CASE Springfield Charlie!:oops:

Charlie this ol fella was asking after you....just an amazing HJ....Wow! IO love everything about this very old Battler - and he's still here to tell the tale well!

Gw5TxbG.jpg

VxtFEKA.jpg
Actually Case Brother's Plant in Little Valley burned down around 1912. They rebuilt in Springville in 1913 but ceased to exist in 1914. So they were in Springville a very short time. That is why Case Brother's knives with the Springville stamp are rare!

And, you don't see Stag on HJs very often! Nice one Duncan!! Where'd ya get it??:)

Back