Hawk fighting pou.

Ok, I see guys here talking about fighting with their hawks. How they prefer spikes to hammers sharpened beard all that stuff. Also I see people saying they'd throw a hawk then use their main battle hawk. But when are the scenarios? I carry a knife every day, actualy I carry about 3, but I can't carry a hawk. Is it end of the world? Is it the tribulation? Bug out situation? Or is it just fun to think about?

Now please don't think I'm bashing you guys, I love my hawk and got it thanks tothis sub forum. I mean no evil by asking this, I would just like to know what your thinking.
Thanks guys.

Ok, I see guys here talking about fighting with their hawks. How they prefer spikes to hammers sharpened beard all that stuff. Also I see people saying they'd throw a hawk then use their main battle hawk. But when are the scenarios? I carry a knife every day, actualy I carry about 3, but I can't carry a hawk. Is it end of the world? Is it the tribulation? Bug out situation? Or is it just fun to think about?

Now please don't think I'm bashing you guys, I love my hawk and got it thanks tothis sub forum. I mean no evil by asking this, I would just like to know what your thinking.
Thanks guys.

I have to admit, I ask the same questions. Maybe it's just that Canada doesn't have "zombies", or at least I haven't run into any in my 60 odd years.
Have you seen any around your place??? ;-)

Regards

Robin

Why would you carry three knives?! I mean one and a multi tool or victorinox sure but three knives?

Regarding axe fighting, I assume for the most part we're talking about home defense, other than that I think it's all nonsense.

Why would you carry three knives?! I mean one and a multi tool or victorinox sure but three knives?

Regarding axe fighting, I assume for the most part we're talking about home defense, other than that I think it's all nonsense.

I also carry three knives...

One for last ditch SD
One as a daily cutter, this is the one I let other use
And a back-up

As far as the tomahawks...I got into them for when I went camping in areas I could not take a firearm...better than nothing I figured...

I also carried one in my S.R.T. kit for breaching...

I don't know, I'm the kind of person that carries a knife for EDC and that chance that someone might attack me but three knives seems excessive. Where do you carry your keys, cell phone and wallet hehe?

I carry a fixed blade, a large folder and a smaller folder. The fixed I can draw fastest and sure as beck aint gonna break, the larger has further reach and the small one is sheeple friendly. That's why I carry 3.

Here in az there's zombies all over the place, most are just tourists not used to the heat but I think there's a couple reall ones.

...I would just like to know what your thinking...

I'm thinkin' that there are a lot of Zombies out there bro...
zombie3.gif

And I'm thinkin' it's a dirty thankless job...
hardwork.gif

But I'm also thinking that someone has gotta do it...
943.gif

And remember...I'm an expert.

I carry a fixed blade, a large folder and a smaller folder. The fixed I can draw fastest and sure as beck aint gonna break, the larger has further reach and the small one is sheeple friendly. That's why I carry 3.

Here in az there's zombies all over the place, most are just tourists not used to the heat but I think there's a couple reall ones.

Please don't tell me you carry a gun on top of all that?

I mean absolutely no offense but guys like you frighten me.

This is a pretty funny thread ;-)))
I carry at least two slippies and sometimes 3 or 4 depending on the day. A big friction folder for heavy work, a GEC executive whittler cause my Daughter gave it to me, an old barehead jack by Voos and ifn i'm goin to town an old jigged bone pen knife. I live in the boonies though, everyone carries a knife or two up here. I always have a small ax and at least one hawk in my truck. I'm pretty sure Canadian immigration keeps all the zombies out though. However, we have uranium prospectors who are fair game and always in season. ;-))

Regards

Robin

Haha you guys must need to keep your belt real tight to keep all that weight suspended.

I've killed a couple of big flathead catfish and some small sharks with the hammer pole in the last couple weeks, does that count? ;)
I used to use a ball peen hammer, but now carry the hawk just in case I run into some zombies. In fact, some of those guys that live on those houseboats on the river may very well be on their way. :D

This is a pretty funny thread ;-)))
I carry at least two slippies and sometimes 3 or 4 depending on the day. A big friction folder for heavy work, a GEC executive whittler cause my Daughter gave it to me, an old barehead jack by Voos and ifn i'm goin to town an old jigged bone pen knife.

Regards

Robin
Once i got my GEC 3 spring whittler i stopped carrying other utility knives. GEC 1095 is some of the best stuff that i have come across for my day to day needs. :thumbup:

I use to weight myself down with more than i needed but it was frankly the guys here in the hawk forum with their less is more appreciation to multipurpose tools that caused me to scale way back. I know we are all knife knuts so i'm not jumping anyones case by any means but i find myself much happier with my tool selection now. Give me my slippie, traditional hawk and bowie and i'm quite happy.:)

Forget the tomahawk use a real hawk trained to sever the zombies heads with its razor sharp talons. imagine a tactical hawk with a paracord lanyard with a skull bead hanging from its leg as it magesticly flys across the post apocalyptic sunset with a zombies head in one claw and an ak-47 in the other and some kinda kershaw blade from walmart in its beak, that thing would be perfect for home defense.

I have to admit, I ask the same questions. Maybe it's just that Canada doesn't have "zombies", or at least I haven't run into any in my 60 odd years.

Regards

Robin

You see quite a few zombies here in northern Minnesota. But these aren't normal zombies. They're.....

...wait for it...

SASQUATCH ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

And let me tell ya', they are mean! And they smell worse than the living ones!

You see quite a few zombies here in northern Minnesota. But these aren't normal zombies. They're.....

...wait for it...

SASQUATCH ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

And let me tell ya', they are mean! And they smell worse than the living ones!

Heyyyyy, Sasquatches are your friends:D. NO smackin the Sasquatches.:eek:

I love this thread

Robin

Offense is not taken....but we are not the ones to fear….
Fear the criminals that use the dull rusty blade to try and take a wallet or hurt a loved one.

But I carry two guns three knives...extra ammo and just about everything a boy scout needs in a "Get me home bag"

Now let me lay to rest your fears that I am some psycho path gun/weapon nut

I am Prior Military, prior LEO both local and fed....and now a civilian gunsmith for the Army....
Upstanding citizen
I pay my taxes
I do not assault people...
I am the biggest coward when it comes to everyday avoidable confrontation/drama (but not on serious matters of protecting others/myself/family) (in other words no need to flex my muscles or chest thump in public)
Now I am not Bruce Lee or Superman
I do not go looking for trouble
But when things happen in life that I cannot walk away from I will not be a victim
Even if you leave anything but the mundane out of this, I can cut a piece of string, I can loan you a knife to cut a piece of string, I can abuse one of the knives and break it and still be able to cut a piece of string.
I think you get the point my friend

And when I go into the wilderness in addition, I carry a rifle and an Axe/Tomahawk (just to stay on topic)

ETA: Cargo pockets, good holster/belt combo and a Murse...its how I roll....

Regards

Robin
Dude, you live in Canada. . .YOU'RE ALL ZOMBIES!!

Guys like to be like Nessmuk: big chopper for most of the work, small knife for the detail work, and a medium knife for game/food prep.

Several things. Some people live in Bolshevik states wher they can't use guns.
Some like to think historically.
I posted a few scenarios in the fictional realm.

Think he scares you? Wait'll ya get a load of me.

"Dude, you live in Canada. . .YOU'RE ALL ZOMBIES!!"

Hmmmm i will pass on writing what I'm thinking.

...I mean absolutely no offense but guys like you frighten me.

In my opinion...

The only people who should frighten one are the stone cold psyhco killers, persons such as Mr. Richard Kuklinski. Everyone else you can get out of their way. Seriously guys: you would all do well to watch this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErNrZ6ttPuI

(embeding disabled for this video)

With persons like Mr. Kuklinski you never see it comming. One second you're alive. The next...you're d e a d.

Back