Hawk fighting pou.

According to SCOTUS an officer is not required to lay down their life in the defense of another’s, that LEO’s are not obligated to save your life.
Now I would have when I was an officer but I was trying to make a point.

WASHINGTON, June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday, overturning a ruling by a federal appeals court in Colorado... police do not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm...The appeals court had permitted a lawsuit to proceed against a Colorado town, Castle Rock, for the failure of the police to respond to a woman's pleas for help after her estranged husband violated a protective order by kidnapping their three young daughters, whom he eventually killed....

(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...
Well, that's just pathetic.:thumbdn: Makes the whole profession seem alot less useful.
Glad to know that you went beyond what was required though.:thumbup:

...But I will not and cannot agree with a stupid statement like this

Q said:
The point...which you have missed in its entirety...is that you never know what kind of person a stranger really is: he could be a good soul or he could be Richard Kuklinski. Therefore, it is best to approach all strangers with caution...not paranoia Kenny...reasonable...responsible...caution.

Lets all spend our lives with one hand on the trigger and the other shaking hands with those around us.

I'm thinking that perhaps you are a young man. If I'm correct then perhaps your opinion of this statement may evolve over time.

I'll be honest, I am a younger man, but let me tell you, As soon as it is legal for me to carry, and not look like some kid with a gun, I will carry.

I don't appreciate the image of younger guys being immature that guys like kenny, if he is younger give us. I'm a student, I have been living on the edge of state land sense I was 4 I know about the out doors. I've been shooting sense I was 8, I shoot uspsa. I'm not a stupid lil 10 your old just to inform you though.

I prefer not to say that I'm because of the image that so many young people give, I hope I don't lose all of my credibility and that I will be treated by the way I act and not the my age.

Anyway thanks for listening to the rant.

And to keep this from closing, can we continue as to why people talk about how they prefer certain things for hawkfighting???

BK

Eh forget this, it's pretty sad that all you do is resort to insulting me for disagreeing with you.

Last edited:
Ok, I see guys here talking about fighting with their hawks. How they prefer spikes to hammers sharpened beard all that stuff. Also I see people saying they'd throw a hawk then use their main battle hawk. But when are the scenarios? I carry a knife every day, actualy I carry about 3, but I can't carry a hawk. Is it end of the world? Is it the tribulation? Bug out situation? Or is it just fun to think about?

Now please don't think I'm bashing you guys, I love my hawk and got it thanks tothis sub forum. I mean no evil by asking this, I would just like to know what your thinking.
Thanks guys.

In skimming this thread I don't know if I saw much in the way of serious responses to Birdkiller's questions. I own several hawks, none with a spike, yet. Most of them are very basic throwing hawks which are also useful for camp chores. I am as yet undecided what my favorite type will be, I have one with a small hammer poll. I think my ultimate fighting hawk would have to have a spike, specifically designed to penetrate Kevlar like these from RMJ Tactical http://www.rmjtactical.com/ Specifically this one, the Eagle Talon
http://www.rmjtactical.com/ It has a sharpened beard which I think would be useful in cutting the wrist of an attacking limb when hooked and a spike for penetrating heavy clothing or Kevlar which might protect one's opponant against the edge.
As far as throwing a secondary hawk and engaging with one's "main" "battle" hawk? I don't think I would actually consider carrying two hawks. They are relatively large tools to begin with so any secondary "tool' I carry tends to be a large knife. Therefore there are very limited circumstances I would consider throwing a hawk in a fight. One MIGHT be if an opponant was running away and I didn't want him to get away. In general though, if an opponant is running away, I'd be happy the fight is over so I'll let him go.

I think these little exercises are fun. Discussing what one might do. I train with my hawks to fight with them, mostly for the fun of the exercise. But, I also go through knife fighting drills with my smaller and larger knives as well, just to get a feel for how they feel. I throw my hawks and I throw some of my knives. Again, mostly for the fun of it. :D

Thanks for the reply. Now here's my question, when do you believe you'll need to use the beard to hook someones wrist? Or use the spike to pierce kevalar? I don't mean to cut you down, it'd just I hear about that stuff and can't think when you'd do that.
Thanks,
BK

Thanks for the reply. Now here's my question, when do you believe you'll need to use the beard to hook someones wrist? Or use the spike to pierce kevalar? I don't mean to cut you down, it'd just I hear about that stuff and can't think when you'd do that.
Thanks,
BK

Well for either of those to happen...I must have run through a lot of ammo...and still be close enough to a threat...

The chances of that are worse than hitting a big lottery....

But as I say that I remind you that people win the lottery all the time....

Think about being at home and for whatever reason a hawk is closer to you then a firearm and a person who is threatening your life ...you will use what is nearest...

Or if you live in an area where a hawk is legal but a gun is not...

I could also answer this with another question...when would you shoot someone....because that is the same time you might use a hawk...

and while not an issue item for most a lot of soldiers are keeping a hawk at hand in the war zone...most of them use them as tools not weapons...but you never know...

I carry one folding knife all the time on my person, and have another in a fanny pack (along with other supplies and other weapons). I have a full-sized non-folder in the car. I have no tomahawks on my person or in the car. I have 4 tomahawks at home, 2 are on the wall for easy access... one is a thrower, the other is a fighter.

Eh forget this, it's pretty sad that all you do is resort to insulting me for disagreeing with you.
You were the first to insult people on this thread.
Remember when you typed this- "If you're going to be this afraid of just walking down the street or going to the market why not just live in a box for the rest of your life."
That is insulting.

Dude two wrongs don't make a right we can be bigger men, or women if there are any here, and move on. 762 what kind of gear do you carry? What brand?

I'm ordering a 5.11 push pack tomorrow as well as a couple streamlight flashlights to try out.

What of the stranger asking directions and stabbing people? Just arrested trying to flee the country. Some form of awareness is showing responsibility. I carry a gun if the other man has a gun, I carry a knife for any reason I may need a knife, actually 2 knives. I have a friend, was in an accident, shattered his shoulder, couldnt reach the knife in his strong side carry, he had a second knife on support side with which he cut the seat belt off him self. Car upside down, seat rolled over onto seat belt release. 2nd knife saved his life, as he crawled out the car it caught on fire. And yes my hawk is always an option for use. I camp, fish, hunt, drive and meet some wonderful people every day. I also meet people that are criminals and have stated to me they aren't going back! yea they mean jail. So I am aware, prepared and ready, I do prefer flowers and kindness and peaceful days, just saying.
Any how my SOG Fusion Hawk needs some handle help, it just feels to smooth - slippery. Any one work with one and have any input?

2 Fishermen minding their own business were just shot at near the Nueces River in Texas. They were doing nothing notta zilch. They were fishing, enjoying themselves, and sadly were unarmed and unprepared. Prepardness has nothing to do with just carrying a gun, or a tomahawk, or a survival bag with you in your car. It's about carrying all the things you need, just in case. These two very lucky men were caught without any form of protection.

Now, I know a tomahawk wouldn't have done any good at all in this situation. But what if the people shooting them came in close, when and if they ran out of ammo? What if they didn't want to shoot them but go literally deliverance on their ass'? You can bet YOUR ass that you would take a tomahawk or just about any metal sharp pointed object in that situation.

So it's not about looking for trouble or being paranoid. It's about protecting yourself from nature, the elements, and most of all man. Because all 3 will throw something at you because they know when your not prepared for it. I don't go looking for trouble, but if I happen to walk by it or it looks for me you can be damn sure I'll be prepared whether it be with a simple roll of twine, a nice big knife/tomahawk, or my gun.

Link to the article.

http://www.caller.com/news/2010/apr/28/fishing-trip-turns-into-a-matter-of-survival/

I use my brain for self defence and I "Ain't no sheep" I can assure you.

I do too.
Jedi mind tricks > firearms, tomahawks, knives, etc.
Actually I CCW, have for years. Amazingly, I never felt the overwhelming urge to pop somebody. It's legal, I want to do it. None of my CCW handguns weigh over 12 oz, and never get in the way. No one ever knows what I have on me. End of story. :thumbup:

I just got into tomahawk and understand where you are coming from. A tomahawk will definetly get unwanted attention if the SHTF zombie end of the world happens while I am at work and I need to get home to my family. However that cool collapsible tomahawk that mogwa had in last of the mohicans would shure be useful.:D

I just got into tomahawk and understand where you are coming from. A tomahawk will definetly get unwanted attention if the SHTF zombie end of the world happens while I am at work and I need to get home to my family. However that cool collapsible tomahawk that mogwa had in last of the mohicans would shure be useful.:D

The cone carved one was great....I hope the collapsible part was just a joke...

I think he was remarking how well Magua concealed a 24" hawk in his blanket while walking around half naked. Of course, it's because actors don't actually have the props until they are about to be used, which is how all those guys can conceal a Desert Eagle in the small of their back and never have it be seen.

Last edited:
No prob I actually prefer that topic man. I liked the way the thread was going. Just not the getting ticked at people for not carrying 3 knives or calling people afraid.

Great movie. That's a big reason I got my first hawk.

Back