HEST Folder - photos in hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.A.T.

Randall's Adventure & Training
Thanks Tom. I tell ya guys, Tom has been the most instrumental player in this whole thing. So, he can answer you questions on this folder better than any of us.

Much thanks for all the work on this, Tom!

So just to clarify, the color of the Sterile version (of the Limited Ed) has not been determined yet (but its definitely going to be black or OD-scales/Grey-blade)?

Or are there two different sterile options?

Sterile LE version is black g-10 with black coated blade and black stop pin and screws. Green g-10 and gray blade is on regular production model. Hope this helps you a bit.

Glad I went with the Mr. DP version. Definitely slick. I bet it will look even better with a little finish worn off around the edges. :thumbup:

Does anybody else think that the bottle opener would work like a wave feature.
It does work extremely well actually. Tested it my self. Though I am more fond of flicking the blade open. I have couple of folder which I can wave but more that can't be so I use that technique. But that is just my preference. Point is it can be waved securely. :thumbup:

Sterile LE version is black g-10 with black coated blade and black stop pin and screws. Green g-10 and gray blade is on regular production model. Hope this helps you a bit.
In RYP's pictures, it is just the opposite.

In RYP's pictures, it is just the opposite.
Not sure which photos you are referring to, probably protos on this thread, but trust me, bro, all hardware black with no logos will be sterile version. This are still protos samples. Finished products will be even nicer.

Not sure which photos you are referring to, probably protos on this thread, but trust me, bro, all hardware black with no logos will be sterile version. This are still protos samples. Finished products will be even nicer.

RYP's first photo's thread:

Sterile version has no markings other than number.

Production Version Available from ESEE Dealers (Photo of Prototype)
D2 tool steel Blade with milspec phosphate coating
Olive Green G10 scale
Titanium Alloy Frame
Hex driver and opener
Rapid Deployment Feature
Locks into a fixed blade
Comes with skull adjustment blade and tool

TLR

Yep that has to be it. I will be honest in that I'm dissappointed that it still has the "mr dp" logo on the handle. I was expecting it to truly be sterile. The whole point of why I got it was so it didn't have that skull on it.

It looks like an awesome knife and I'm excited about it just not what I was expecting. RYP did say that there will still be some minor tweaks so maybe that will go away... I'm hoping :eek:

Just forget everything I wrote above. Somehow I missed Tomso's earlier post. I'm an idiot... although a happier idiot.

Yep that has to be it. I will be honest in that I'm dissappointed that it still has the "mr dp" logo on the handle. I was expecting it to truly be sterile. The whole point of why I got it was so it didn't have that skull on it.

It looks like an awesome knife and I'm excited about it just not what I was expecting. RYP did say that there will still be some minor tweaks so maybe that will go away... I'm hoping :eek:

Just forget everything I wrote above. Somehow I missed Tomso's earlier post. I'm an idiot... although a happier idiot.

I think I'm an idiot as I have forgotten how to read.

RYP's first photo's thread:

Sterile version has no markings other than number.

Production Version Available from ESEE Dealers (Photo of Prototype)
D2 tool steel Blade with milspec phosphate coating
Olive Green G10 scale
Titanium Alloy Frame
Hex driver and opener
Rapid Deployment Feature
Locks into a fixed blade
Comes with skull adjustment blade and tool

Yes, those are sample proto pictures. Some minor things will change like color of the pivot etc.

Don't go all Bruce Lee on yourself, guys :D. Its hard to keep track of every post. To be honest, sometimes I still get confused about all this.

man the sterile one looks awesome... maybe you should make the sterile version a production version because of its awesomeness lol

R.A.T.

Randall's Adventure & Training
Again, Tom, appreciate you taking care of the questions. I'm more confused than everyone else on here...seriously. If it wouldn't have been for you in this whole process I don't know what we would have done. You da man!

Again, Tom, appreciate you taking care of the questions. I'm more confused than everyone else on here...seriously. If it wouldn't have been for you in this whole process I don't know what we would have done. You da man!
No problem at all. Glad I can help. Just don't forget to send those hookers you promised!

Status
Not open for further replies.