Holy Oinkin' Thunder!!!. . . The Mystery Grab Bags Return Tonight!!!!

I'm thinking that I should grab a second bag and sell all the knives but one or two... This will hopefully sit me around $0 out of pocket and have one or two knives in hand...

Good luck, you might want to take a look at the forum first:eek:
That's why I only grabbed one for now...

But... Who knows what OP2WP2 blades might be included in the Mystery Bags.

Yes the forum is saturated w Busse kin but that's great for buyers. :) Not so much for sellers :thumbsdown:

It’s pretty awesome for Jerry and the gang to do this again. Thanks Busse crew!

Depsite some limited funds, I was thinking of getting a grab bag when the wife stated she would really like a pair of earrings. She has been incredible with my knife habit and rarely asks for anything. So she gets earrings. She deserves it. I really enjoyed the last group of grab bags and will really miss not participating in it this time but this was more important to do something for her. Love ya babe!

Congrats to all who scored bags!

Last edited:
I just got a bg pd, and the thought of even a remote possibility of scoring an le or fatback has me considering a second bag...

I was going to buy some bags but then I bought health insurance... true story... sometimes you can't argue with the basic math behind keeping the family set to succeed

It’s pretty awesome for Jerry and the gang to do this again. Thanks Busse crew!

Depsite some limited funds, I was thinking of getting a grab bag when the wife stated she would really like a pair of earrings. She has been incredible with my knife habit and rarely asks for anything. So she gets earrings. She deserves it. I really enjoyed the last group of grab bags and will really miss not participating in it this time but this was more important to do something for her. Love ya babe!

Congrats to all who scored bags!
GOOD FOR YOU!!! Smart, very Smart:thumbsup:o_O

From what Jerry wrote....." Mystery bags will be filled in the shop prior to going to shipping where they will be labeled for shipment. No one in the office will have anything to do with what you get nor will anyone in shipping. No one in the shop will have any idea whose bag they are filling."

Regarding Custom Shop goodness....It might be different from last time around from what Jerry quoted above. Can't see how they can combine $500 bags to make up a $1000 + custom if they have no idea whats in the grab bags?

As someone who works in shipping, I've ponder this very quandary. My solution would be to fill orders in batches determined by the total cost of the bag(s). A group of $250 bags, a group of $500 bags, a group of $750 bags, etc. This would prevent those who order multiple bags from getting duplicates, allow those same folks the possibility of higher cost or CS goodness, and keep the "two levels of mystery" intact. But, that's merely my first thought on how it could be done. I'm certain the swineherds have a handle of things.

Last edited:
Anybody ever get a bag and just let it sit unopened a couple years? Im thinking about it.

I couldn't handle this, I saw a few unopened grab bags on the exchange last year and I had no idea how people managed to let them go without knowing what was inside.

Last edited:
Okay I'm going for one of the 500 dollar grab bags, I missed out last time. And its been awhile since I've got some new Infi. My last blade was a BB13 from last December ,which, I still have yet to test it out or order some Kydex pants for.

I saw a video of how they do this. It was a mess...

The put two boxes in the middle of a 12'×12' empty room. One for a $250 box one for a $500 box.
8 blind folded people are placed in the room, one in each corner and one midway on each wall. Each one has a different Busse product in hand. A buzzer rings and they each start walking to the boxes in the center.

Once either box dollar value is exceeded, everyone stops where they are and said box is removed and a new one is placed down. The people are reset, the injured are swapped out and it begins again.

The employee turnover rate is astonishingly high in the "packing room".

Man, really tempted to get a $500 bag for the rush and the deals, but otoh, I'm not really looking for custom shop stuff and I pretty much already have what I want from the Op2Wks pt 1 offerings... not to mention keeping my powder dry for upcoming weeks.

Hope they're available long enough for me to cave lol.

That's what I was thinking (except the part about CS stuff).
I got the email today saying they were almost sold out.
Not gonna do it.
Just hold out a little longer and they'll be gone.
Stay on target...

In for 2 $500 bags.
Almost made it.

I was going to buy some bags but then I bought health insurance... true story... sometimes you can't argue with the basic math behind keeping the family set to succeed

False economy. If you get health insurance and don't use it, you might as well have flushed that money down the toilet. Buy a Busse and don't use it, and you can sell it and probably get your money back.

False economy. If you get health insurance and don't use it, you might as well have flushed that money down the toilet. Buy a Busse and don't use it, and you can sell it and probably get your money back.

Oh, my man, I am definitely going to use it. I kind of feel it should be offered as a supplement to the grab bags though. I'd pay a little extra on each knife purchase if it covered my premiums...

Back