1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

How many knives do you carry daily?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Charlie Mike, Aug 23, 2010.

1. FALZILLA

FALZILLA

Mar 19, 2010
    Two:
    1. A RAT1 folder that's always in my pocket, sometimes a ringed Razel will sit in it's place.

2. An ESEE H.E.S.T that's always in my Maxpedition Versipack Jumbo, which is on and off throughout the day.

2. Psychopomp

Psychopomp

Feb 21, 2005
    When away from home, I carry two. A Victorinox Soldier because of the handy tools, and I keep the blade clean to use only on food. In the other pocket I keep a more heavy duty folder... usually either a Spyderco Paramilitary, Queen canoe or congress, or a stockman of some variety.

At home, I don't carry a knife... don't need one and don't want the weight in my pockets when I can just walk to the nearest flat surface and probably find a knife.

3. Mugen

Mugen

Jun 9, 2005
    Uhh..

BM 940 - the sheeple knife
    BM 710 - SD/Hard Use
    BM Mini Stryker - SD backup/Abuse
    CRK Small 21 - Regular EDC chores

4. eccvets

eccvets Banned BANNED

Sep 8, 2008
    i use to carry just my CS Ti-lite 6 incher but now adays I carry a spyderco bug as well on a lanyard. I work with horses and I use the ti-lite for emergency situations where I might need to cut thru a lead rope or halter in a flash but everything else I use my spyderco bug which is a lot! It preforms quite well for what it is and truth be told, I could probally take apart an entire a horse with one although that task is reserved for my gerber ez-skinner.

5. brj

brj

May 18, 2005
    carrying a gun is a felony in mine, so here's my take on SD

[​IMG]

6. Scott Neelan

Scott Neelan

May 4, 2010
    Two or three, depending on the day. I pretty much always have my Kershaw Skyline on me, as the perfect cheap user EDC. A Kershaw Volt, a ZT 300, or a Benchmade 755 MPR ride along as a secondary knife depending on what I expect to run into. And if I'm at work, I have a SOG Twitch 2 that I've designated as my tape & cardboard cutter.

I've considered a smallish fixed blade to take the place of the secondary folder on my days off, but haven't really found anything that I like enough to pick up.

7. razorback1595

razorback1595

Nov 1, 2008
    out of house
    -main folder
    -vic tinker/BM benchmite2
    in house
    all the above + a fixed blade

Sometimes you can ad another back up blade and a multitool

so that's 5 max :D

8. cziv

cziv

Nov 24, 2005
    So we can gather that it's rougher inside your house than out in the streets? :D

9. Albin

Albin

Aug 31, 2001
    My EDC is now a Mini-Gryp with a black tanto serrated blade. My Leatherman also has a blade but I very rarely use it.

When not at work, I also carry a Becker Necker horizontally just left of my belt buckle. A sheath maker here on this site made me a sheath that was more secure than the OEM version.

Al

10. deltaunit

deltaunit

May 29, 2001
    I carry 3 knives
    1) Emerson CQC-13
    2) HAK or Perrin LaGriffe
    3) SAK Huntsman Lite
    I sometimes substitute the CQC-13 with an Umnumzaan when I do I add a Spyderco Tasman Salt

11. rdgarbo

rdgarbo

Jan 29, 2010
    : 3...A Shrade 3 blade pocket knife, a Benchmade Griptillion and an IZULA in my EDC bag.

12. OrdnanceBubbaUSMC

OrdnanceBubbaUSMC

May 23, 2004
    One small folding knife sometimes and always a slightly sharpened old key to a former vehicle.

13. randy750

randy750

Feb 19, 2009
    buck 110 left side on belt.leatherman on right side.sak front right pocket.buck hartsook around neck:thumbup:

14. Shotgun

Shotgun Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2006
    1...esee izula. Thinking of adding a sak classic to my pocket for sheeple.

15. ikiddp9

ikiddp9

Mar 15, 2008
    At home: one folder, usually a Byrd Cara Cara or a Endura Wave.
    At work: a folder, usually the Endura Wave or a Emerson CQC-8 and a Victirinox Camper
    Camping: a folder, usually a Benchmade Griptilian, a Victorinox OHT or Victorinox Spirit Multitool and a Fixed blade, that could be a Mora Clipper or a Fallkniven F1.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  16. proguide

proguide

Mar 26, 2004
    I have a ridiculous set up on a daily basis. A large folder in the left front pocket. An Emerson Lagriffe strapped to my vest and a Buck Hartsook in my left shirt pocket. Not to mention a Glock 21sf and a Taser on my side. A Shotgun and a M4 in the car next to me. Off duty is just the Lagriffe and the Glock. Simple huh ?

17. banana-clip

banana-clip

Jun 7, 2007
    Usually one for EDC.

18. cziv

cziv

Nov 24, 2005
    Sounds solid to me. Stay safe! :thumbup:

19. dwo37650@yahoo.com

[email protected]

May 14, 2007
    hey folks,
    i usually carry a harpy in my rfp, a manix2 in my lfp, a d4 at 2 o'clock in my waistband, a folts minamalist around my neck, a multitool on my belt, and a small tops fixedblade in my shoulder bag. oh yea, and a spyderco bug on my keys. ;)
    later,don

20. hawaiianhawk

hawaiianhawk

Dec 25, 2009
    right now, 2 every day, not counting a leatherman wave and an extra large clip point voyager in the backpack.

1. combo edge delica: this one's with me every day, everywhere.

2. something bigger. lately it's been my new al mar sere 2000; it rotates with a kershaw cyclone, zt 0350, one of my enduras, buck vantage pro or meyerco wharning.