• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

How should I handle this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You felt their wasn’t an issue and the buyer thought there was. That’s a difference of opinion that should have simply been resolved. I respectfully think that you were wrong to refuse the refund, and that it wouldn’t have made it this far otherwise. The purchasing party has already admitted to being pickier than most and is obviously a collector. Why risk a blemish on your feedback over something so trivial? As far as I’m concerned.... your clearly off the hook due to how things played out, but again.... it wouldn’t have come to this unless you refused the refund that was seemingly asked for shortly after delivery.

Fair enough. Thinking back, that probably would have been the best thing to do. Sometimes life and "feeling you are in the right/ego" get in the way.

So you saw the issue in the pics before buying but did it anyway? I would have refunded you until you stated this.

I really thought it was a camera/flash artifact. I should have asked about it, but I thought that if there was an issue, Dwaine would have mentioned it in the listing. Either he didn't see it or I'm just way too picky.

I think "WAY too picky" for most here to do business with now that they know. :rolleyes: Time will tell. ;) Also, being picky was the least of your problems in this deal IMO. :eek:

I really thought it was a camera/flash artifact. I should have asked about it, but I thought that if there was an issue, Dwaine would have mentioned it in the listing. Either he didn't see it or I'm just way too picky.
If you decide to keep the knife, and want the coating reapplied for better uniformity, I bet that Busse Combat would be able to help with that, since you are an avid collector of their knives, and they seem to be very customer service oriented.

I don’t sell here often, because of situations like this. I once had a similar experience, like the OP’s. The buyer, who I felt was unreasonably picky, wanted to return the knife after a couple of days. I wasn’t happy, but I returned their money after receiving and inspecting the knife. It’s just not worth the hassle. Unless you think it’s worth starring in a GBU Thread, consider this a learning experience.

As for the buyer, ask before buying, questions that you consider pertinent. Also, once you don’t further challenge the seller at the point of your complaint, drop it and move on.

I think it would help if people who know they are picky, mention it in the initial communication. If it's a knife I'm going to be picky about, I know I make the seller aware of it and go from there.

But as others have mentioned. The sale isn't done until both parties are happy for some of us, so you just inspect the knife upon return and then return the $. Even though I understand some don't feel they have to accept returns unless the knife was misrepresented. I completely understand selling that way too and don't think my choice makes me any better of a seller than them.

Dayum can I have the ten minutes of my life back spent trying to get my head around a possibly imperfect blade coating "paint Job" that in reality hides imperfections in the finish of the actual blade itself? Talk about 1st World problems.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back