Hump Day

GI3DeKm.jpg

Here are a few shots of my Camp Nessie for Hump Day. This model really rocks. Of course you probably knew that from reading thurin’s comments in this thread.

Phil

And a few spine shots as requested...

Good God that thing is sweeeeet Phil!!!! Enjoy it, pretty much one of the nicest camp muks I've ever seen!

Good God that thing is sweeeeet Phil!!!! Enjoy it, pretty much one of the nicest camp muks I've ever seen!

Thanks for the nice words Will. It has worked great with kitchen work so far. I am looking forward to some field time and wood work with this in July.

My first hump day post!

IMG_8262_zpsc328d68f.jpg

This may be your first, but don't let it be your last. I enjoyed your fuzz-stick photo here and the lighted photo in the other thread. Good stuff Amigo!

Phil

Thank you wjt and comprehensivist, those are great shots. The burlap looks incredible.

Hasco, is that black micarta on your Nessie or some type of hardwood?

As for Swinglines, I have one in beige I will not let off of my desk. Just watched parts of that great movie the other day and it left me thinking I don't have enough Fiddleback flair to properly represent. Time for a shirt and hat I guess.

(A day early, but I'll be on a plane tomorrow)

Hump Day, Spalting Edition:

IMG_5687_zps2804c73e.jpg~original

Hey, guess what day it is? :D

There's bound to be some new humps out there that could be added to this thread.

My first hump day post.
Directly from Andy "this is the nicest camp nessie I have ever made!"
Andy I agree completely
3/16 taper tang of shadetree goodness!
B6Kc6Fk.jpg

WqddIxZ.jpg

That is gorgeous Rob! Evergreen burlap, bolsters, and tapered tangs are some of my favorite features on any Fiddleback. When they are all combined on one of my favorite models, that is really special.

Congratulations.

Phil

That is gorgeous Rob! Evergreen burlap, bolsters, and tapered tangs are some of my favorite features on any Fiddleback. When they are all combined on one of my favorite models, that is really special.

Congratulations.

Phil

Thanks for the kind words Phil!
There are some stellar knives in this thread and your bolstered one is a real beauty.

Will, that bolstered ironwood camp muk is one of the best I have seen come out of the shop. Hope you hold on to that one buddy

Back