Hump Day

Uh Oh. Guess what day it is. Guess what day it is. Anybody?

Sorry, just another boring featherstick pic. But hey, I got home today while it was light and got to sit on the porch and drink coffee and fiddle with a Fiddleback. So hump day was a good day for me.

IMG_3755_zps828c1d6a.jpg~original

Hey Nathan:

Nothing better than relaxing under a shadetree......if you ever feel the need to shuffle your collection please keep me in mind. I've only managed to score two of Andy's knives in coffee burlap so far but its enough of a taste to encourage a few more into the fold. Your collection is awesome !

Peter

Kirkwood.....nice looking pair of Nessies. Is it the perspective of the pics or is the Shadetree handle a bit smaller in proportion to the Crimson Micarta knife ?

A couple of fine looking 'muks there Kirkwood. Got a nice patina working on the ruby handled one.

Kirkwood.....nice looking pair of Nessies. Is it the perspective of the pics or is the Shadetree handle a bit smaller in proportion to the Crimson Micarta knife ?
Perspective or you have crazy eagle eyes! I actually compared them when I received the crimson micarta and it is a couple millimeters longer. Evidenced by the shorter ricasso in the second pic. Thickness is generally the same though.

A couple of fine looking 'muks there Kirkwood. Got a nice patina working on the ruby handled one.
Thanks Nathan. Now to decide which one to keep. Two 'muks enter, one 'muk leaves...

Keep a lookout this week for a new knife - the Longfellow. It was a Camp Nessie gone wrong but steered right in the end. It's got a bushfingerish blade shape and a nice long handle.

Great... just when I thought I might be able to start winding down on the collection... THANKS ALOT Ken ;)

Keep a lookout this week for a new knife - the Longfellow. It was a Camp Nessie gone wrong but steered right in the end. It's got a bushfingerish blade shape and a nice long handle.

As my son would say:

mine mine mine mine mine

Can't wait to see this. Sounds like it might be close to the FrankenFiddle.

I don't think I'm a Fiddleback Friday guy anymore... Work has steered me away from that time bracket being free and available, so...... But, I would have saved that for Nathan, seems just right for him!!!!! Almost like a custom thurin knife! The used market was quenching the addiction, but it's been a little unpredictable as of recent!
Cool. No Willic, don't even think about it.

Thanks guys. Law of the sharks applies of course. I just got kinda excited when I saw that. Be sure you say "mine mine mine" in the seagulls voice.

Working on the gear list for my trip to the mountains this weekend and thought since the center piece is the Camp Nessie, I'd post it here in the Hump Day thread.

IMG_4304_zps1d8fd98d.jpg~original

IMG_4310_zps47022c7d.jpg~original

Need to decide which other Fiddlebacks go with me. Can never have too many.

You all that are going to blade have fun. I'll miss being there and meeting you all, but I'll be here instead:

P1060425_zps18de16d2.png~original

Good morning on another Hump Day! Any chance of a theme today? Would love to see home spine shots of your fine Humpies.

(I'd been purposely avoiding this thread but now I'm beginning to think there's a new model on my list)

I love the stapler Will. The Ruby Nessmuk is not too shabby either...:D. The Muks just have a lot of sexy curves. What is not to like about curvy, sexy and dressed in red.

Phil

have you seen my red swingline...er.. nessmuk?!

IMG_20140625_091542973_zps68768aa4.jpg

Working on the gear list for my trip to the mountains this weekend and thought since the center piece is the Camp Nessie, I'd post it here in the Hump Day thread.

IMG_4304_zps1d8fd98d.jpg~original

I just noticed those sweet wooden bowls in the corner of this picture. What is the story behind those?

I just noticed those sweet wooden bowls in the corner of this picture. What is the story behind those?

Those are a giveaway I won on another forum. They are axe carved out of cherry by a guy named Adahy. They're pretty cool. The smaller one is a Kuksa for coffee/tea and the other is a good eating bowl. A guy that owned them did a giveaway for folks that posted their mess kit with knives. My decades old Boy Scout style kit was deemed the most worthy of receiving the upgrade.

I'll follow Will's example and post my Nessie on my desk, although it's not nearly as clean.

IMG_4519_zps203b41f4.jpg~original

Back