Idea: Becker Forum Scales

Do you like the idea of a special Becker forum scales?

• Yes lets do this!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not intrested at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Looks great! I like the idea of the bow drill hole-very cool, but has anyone actually used/ops tested a bow drill hole in Micarta? Any danger of the micarta being discolored/worn from the friction? I also like the coyote/tan color.

I have, the micarta will get a bit discolored but it will not become worn really.

I like the idea of one on top too, but after I looked at some actual scales on my 9, there sure isn't much room there. It would be mighty small. I like Moose's idea really, just have our BH number on them. Makes it more personalized. But, if there were extras that just said Beckerhead, then the new Beckerheads would be able to get some too.

Yeah maybe just BH# and then the divot.

And really that could be done for both tweeners and fullsize.

This is an interesting thread and lost of interesting ideas. Looking forward to see how it goes!

Gray Green[ish] Micarta with Green Liners

Another idea. Of course the "E" would wear out using the divot.

Becker.png

Head.png

I am good with whatever engraving style is chosen. Really like the idea of getting the BH numbers if possible.

I am good with whatever engraving style is chosen. Really like the idea of getting the BH numbers if possible.

Yeah I think we should really work the BH# in to the design, then they will be really personal no matter what.

BH number works for me. With, and without divot:

BHMicartaDiv.png

BHMicartaNoDiv.png

Or, perhaps just the number and divot:

BH81.png

I think the ones that say "BH 81" look better than just the number. IMO

I like the BK # ones....but I would lose the divot personally.

I like those too. And, I agree, the divot isn't necessary. Cool, but not needed.

I'm getting a little more interested in this...Digging the tan colored ones (Never seen micarta as green as those OD ones) without the middle screw and the beckerhead logo... I think if this were to be a beckerhead special then the logo should really be on it and not just a number.

How about micarta for the BK-24? If thats supposed to be an LE or some special edition then it should come with carta no? The 10 and 77s did. I think that'd make an interesting packaged deal.

(Never seen micarta as green as those OD ones)
If I made them too dark, it didn't translate very well on the forum, so, I lightened them up. It's just for the general idea, not meant to be perfect.

If I made them too dark, it didn't translate very well on the forum, so, I lightened them up. It's just for the general idea, not meant to be perfect.

I'm very touchy about color and stuff :D, I'll seriously stare at a piece of "black" micarta for hours and try to decide whether its more black, green or grey haha.

don't have my BH # yet, but soon hopefully, would be really cool to get a set with BH # and no divot, it doesn't seem that necessary

Is there an idea of the approximate price of these scales?

Hell no.

Way to far out now to think price. Current market value would be a good start. I need to hear more Yeys and see more votes before we can really get started. Hopefully, we'll have the final design worked out, and I'll have something to take to the table.

Either way, its doable, one way or another.

Moose

Back