Test ad

If you could only have one folder what would it be?

Right now it would be my Benchmade Rift with sculpted CF handle scales and M4 blade.

However, I would really like to get the CPM-M4 blade rehardened by Phil Wilson to bump the hardness up. And I would probably have the blade thinned out a bit though it's pretty good as is. I would also like a wave mechanism attached to the blade and it would be about perfect.

When the AXIS lock patent expires I'm sure there will be some customs I would love to have assuming makers start to use it. I don't have the skill to grind the blade but it might just be easier to bust out my perfect knife on CAD and have a willing maker build it for me.

I

Depends on if you mean "one folder for edc" or "one folder for any use" or "the folder is the only knife you own".

I've been carrying the same knife every day for 6 years now. It is my "one" EDC knife. But I wouldn't choose it if it was going to be my only folder. And the if a folder was going to be my only knife, then that would change things quite a bit as well.

My "one EDC" knife is my Boker Exskellibmoor II. Nothing fancy, just a 2.75in 440c blade. Its legal everywhere near me, and doesn't scare my co-workers in the office. Opens my packages/etc just fine.

Not my image, but this is the knife I carry.

Boker%20Plus%20Exskeli%20Moor%20II_1.JPG

For my only folder? I'd probably go with something like an ESEE Zancudo/RAT 2. Can work in most situations, and doesn't really look out of place. Seems dependable.

If I could only have one knife, and it was a folder? Thats hard. I might go with something like an Alox SAK Farmer though. I like camping, and that saw would help out, and the awl strikes firesteels super well. I'd have to get used to not having a pocket clip style knife for EDC stuff, but I'm sure I'd figure something out.

Alternatively, I like svord peasants a lot. The fact that they're like short handled fixed blades with folding handle extensions means they're pretty robust. They have pretty good geometry and steel, and if you take the time to dress them up a bit, they can look quite nice. Here is my peasant mini that I put some blujean micarta on.

100_4041_zps3f2109c0.jpg

Good choice...I might go with a 110 just for the added blade length, but I love the simplicity.

I came here to post this. Another vote for the Buck 110.

Edit: Changed my mind. Forget the Buck. My ZT 0200 is my choice.

Last edited:
hey buddy good question you ask there! i thinked about it for a while and have to say of the knifes i have if i had to only have one it would be my appalachian trail with the polished blade. its just does everything i need. like someone said it "check all the boxes! have a good one :thumbup:

22-rimfire

Gold Member
One folder (forever)..... probably my Victorinox Adventurer (SAK) or a two blade GEC #42 Missouri Trapper.

XHP Recon 1 Tanto. The thing is utility cutting perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For an all-around edc as well as work knife, my partially serrated Emerson CQC-8.

If just for edc, then either my Bastinelli RED folder or Spyderco Paramilitary 2.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quest Knives

KNIFEMAKER/CRAFTSMAN/SERVICE PROVIDER
If I had one folder to carry it would be my custom kwaiken 3.0 Flipper,,,,,,classy yet tactical

While there's numerous options Id be fine with, Im gonna say this ZT checks all my boxes. Ergos, size, heft, blade geometry, toughness, and looks.

4a79ae931b6c9b13d9e893eb2c6d6b98.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk