1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

If you could only live with one knife brand...

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by M1GarandGuy, Dec 12, 2015.

1. hunterjrg

hunterjrg

Feb 4, 2012
    Pretty sure it would be Bark River

2. Seriousbladeno1

Seriousbladeno1

Sep 11, 2014
    Handmade KHHI Bowie with power hammer forged out of EN - 31 industrial carbon tool steel, 12 inch blade,10mm thick, full tang

3. DemonicMind666

DemonicMind666

Dec 6, 2015
    Well, I haven't used any higher end knives, but I really like the look of Esee's lineup of knives. It'd be between them and Benchmade.

4. dkb45

dkb45

Dec 16, 2012
    I think picking parent companies for an umbrella of coverage is kinda cheating, but if permitted it is Kai hands down. Cheap and expensive everything- kitchen knives, folders, fixed blades... They do it all. If it was one actual brand (no parent company subsidiary loophole) I would have to take Spyderco because they have cheap imports up to high dollar pioneering designs. I have to have cheap knives and high end knives, can't do either or.

5. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    Cold Steel. In case nobody's said it.

And I can still carry my Skeletool. :p

6. JDunn709

JDunn709

Jan 7, 2009
    Crk 100%

7. AdamFuzzyballs

AdamFuzzyballs

Mar 16, 2015
    Gec..more options, styles and each model is moddable to any desire

GABaus likes this.
  8. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    so in this scenario you will never have a folding knife ;)

9. Bobby3326

Bobby3326

Mar 16, 2013
    Kabar makes folders, [emoji57]

Thou I do prefer fixed blades as that's what 99% of my collection is anyway.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  10. Bill1170

Bill1170

Dec 20, 2007
    It would have to be Victorinox, with Spyderco a close second.

11. Phair12

Phair12

Mar 31, 2012
    Benchmade or spyderco. Either one

12. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug

Jun 10, 2012
    KAI big surprise huh lol

13. Gurb

Gurb

Oct 3, 2015
    Case, Buck, or Ka-Bar and I think Ka-Bar wins out. I like the new folders the have coming and the fixed blades are more than enough for what I need.

14. seanscumbag

seanscumbag

Nov 21, 2013
    Al Mar for fixed, folders, traditional, and kitchen knives. I've never had an issue worth their products.

15. snakedoc.ua

snakedoc.ua

Jun 30, 2012
    Benchmade
    I would like a esee also
    Buck made me mad when they went overseas

16. exmaxima

exmaxima

Jan 30, 2006
    My words as well :)

17. BOHAWG

BOHAWG Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Spyderco

18. RobotsWTF

RobotsWTF

Nov 25, 2015
    I love my KHHI scourge and american eagle khukri!!! +1 for KHHI ...

But really I'd say spyderco. They would feed my lust for exotic steels and with a variety of lock and deployment types as well as many collaborations with great designers (didn't see that the post said there couldn't be more designers just companies right?!?) I could survive with just spydies but damn that is still not a world I'd like to see 😭

19. dalefuller

dalefuller Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2005
    I guess it would be the company that makes the knife I carry when I want a knife that'll go anywhere, do anything, and I never have to worry about it... Emerson.

20. blade dude

blade dude

Nov 8, 2015
    It would actually have to be sog for me because I would need to have multi tools similar to a leather man but I also would need fixed blades and folding knives so they have my needs