If you could only live with one knife brand...

Victorinox.
They make amazing EDC tools, great full size multi-tools and a full line of commercial kitchen knives.

Benchmade. My two EDCs (work=Auto Presidio 5000SBK and off-duty=Mini Grip) are both Benchmade so it's an easy choice for me.

United Cutlery

Just kidding

Perhaps Victorinox. They aren't the most "trendy hot" knife company ever but they are just great tools.

Victorinox. I would have said Leatherman but they aren't really a knife company. A big Vic multi and a robust hatchet means good times.

I love most knife brands but if I had to pick one I would go with spyderco, they have got almost all I would ever need, slicey edc knives, '' bushcraft'' fixed blades, kitchen knives, custom maker collaborations, choppers, massive folding ''tactical'' blades, crazy steel/sprintruns, and the list goes on and on. That being said they don't have everything I want as a knife knut. (You hear that spyderco? Where's the multitools!?)

Ontario Knife Company. They have everything I could realistically want or need in both the fixed blade and folder department plus a good portion of their knives are US made.

I would go with Lionsteel, for variation.

They make great knives, which are easy on the eye too.

Both their fixed blades and their folders are top notch!

Buck.
Everything from slip joints, classic lock backs, modern folders, hunting knives, large fixed blades, etc...

I really like the wide range of their offerings, and feel like i could fill all of my niches from this.

Next on the list would be Cold Steel. They have, as far as I can tell, the widest breadth of product line with everything from small folders up to machete and such. But I prefer Buck's products on a whole and could do just fine forever with only Buck's product line. In fact, even discounting their Chinese stuff, I could do just fine with only Bucks american made product line.

I thought about this a lot, probably more than I should have....

I think I would go with CRK. They don't have a wide array of products. They do however have a product of extremely high quality in every possible knife roll. From small to large folder. Small, medium, or Large fixed blade. Even a kitchen knife. Their steel choice is very good. While I can appreciate taking a company with a large variety of items like Cold Steel the level of quality of the limited CRK products out weighs it for me. I would love to take Benchmade but there is no kitchen knives and the fixed blades are limited and not near the quality of CRK. ZT Also lacks a large fixed blade which is a must for me. Esee would be great but their folders are not what I would want to spend the rest of my days carrying. Busse doesn't make a folder, at least not regularly.

So CRK it is.

Benchmade is not my favorite brand, but almost all their models are lefty friendly. Honorable mention to Cold Steel for the same reason.

Spyderco. Great small company, good people, pretty innovative with lots of collaboration and solid build quality.

Spyderco. Great small company, good people, pretty innovative with lots of collaboration and solid build quality.

I can't believe I didn't mention spyderco! Hard to not go with them either. I doubt my life could be complete without a SALT knife. I run into the same problem as Benchmade and ZT though. The big fixed blades just aren't there.

I can't believe I didn't mention spyderco! Hard to not go with them either. I doubt my life could be complete without a SALT knife. I run into the same problem as Benchmade and ZT though. The big fixed blades just aren't there.

I'm a small folder guy, so right in their target market. Also love my small seb however CRK doesn't have enough variety to be the only company for life, but my Seb would be the one knife I could live with forever so its an interesting thought.

Zero Tolerance. I've had many knives over the years that lived in my pocket and got used and abused. Never lost a moment of sleep if I lost one or gave one away. That was before my ZT0560BW. It's not about the cost either. It's really about losing a part of my hand. When I have that blade in my hand it is a part of me. How many here would give up a finger willingly? Yeah, me neither!

Back