1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Introducing The SYKCO Alpha Regulator 9.5!!!. . . Specs And Pricing For Wednesday July 10, 2019!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Jul 9, 2019.

1. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    You're NOT helping me resist! ;):D

David Lennon likes this.
  2. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Well I just grabbed one bigDC and one satin :) The FFG pulled me right in !!! FFG and res-c is gonna be lighter than you’d think.

I have a couple deep hollow grind .32 regs from blade show. And it’s amazing how nice they are :)

Hard Knocks and Leonardo63 like this.
  3. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I mean.....
    FFG
    NO CBT.....
    Res-C....
    Just about sums all a Hog can ask for up in one chunk of INFI....LOVE IT!

4. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    + 5/16” thick including tang thickness

+ a satin option

+ a swedged clip

+ large Regulator handle for max control

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  5. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 11, 2018
    In for a Satin & a BIG DC.

Should I also spring for a coated?

6. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Satin for me!

Leonardo63 and Will York like this.
  7. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Coated so I can etch her deep!

WatermanChris and duramax like this.
  8. nydude

nydude Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Really struggling with this one. Have both a dogfather and nmfsh.... but damn it looks good. Probably couldn't help myself it it was .20. or .22 in SR77. :(. :).

9. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    How about 5" more blade length, a little thicker, not quite as much blade height - hmm, sounds like a Basic MOAB to me! ;):D

10. nydude

Jun 10, 2009
    thicker?!!

11. nydude

Jun 10, 2009
    this reminds me of when I used to drive an ambulance in the Bronx, and "Thick" was a word said often. draw your own conclusions.

WatermanChris and zombieassassin like this.
  12. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    Yes, like a HOGB8 at .35" thick, but with about a 14" MOAB style blade.

WatermanChris and nydude like this.
  13. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Thanks for helping me re-justify a knife I already bought (for a dollar)...I do not have a NMFSH - just never did it for me, and I sold the one I had...this fills in that "gap" even though I do not have any "gaps" to fill...

WatermanChris, nydude and luethge like this.
  14. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    OK, here's another chunk of spice on the bait- It's the "ALPHA"!!! What are you waiting for? the Beta version? :eek: :D :p

nydude, WatermanChris and duramax like this.
  15. Angusbort

Angusbort Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 25, 2016
    In for one Big DC Finish!!!

duramax, Leonardo63 and WatermanChris like this.
  16. Nautique

Nautique

May 15, 2016
    In for a Big DC. Damn "Last Call" email!

Leonardo63 likes this.
  17. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Well grease my meese! I’ve been so busy the past couple weeks that I’ve barely been around, and just in the nick of time I see this! I LOVE me some regulators, and this is the MOAR! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

18. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    I went coated and then immediately switched to BBDC on this one. I think I am coming around to BIG DCBB or DCBB as being the superior user option, it may develop some rust/patina in places, although it is easy to buff out by hand, and it is not harmful anyways if you are using your knife...for collecting/sitting around they can be a nuisance potentially. They slice as well as satin, usually a decent price differential from satin, and do not have to strip and sand, although that's fun if you are in the mood to do so.

WatermanChris likes this.
  19. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Yep you are right on the DC picking up the oxidation. I did a test to see just how easily by leaving one in the shop the last couple months and sure enough it did pick up some very slight spots. I had thoroughly de-greased it to get it as raw as possible. We've had rain after rain and some serious humidity, much higher than normal so I would've been more shocked if it didn't get some spots. I rubbed them off with a little oil on a cloth. Then I took it to the buffer and went to town on it and nothing under even higher temps and humidity. That bead blasting really opens up the surface area where after polishing or on satin blades, almost like chrome. It's hard to accept these really aren't SS to some degree and that's always impressed me. My Trough Raider in DC has been in the shop since I got it and nothing to date and that's been many weeks now so it doesn't happen overnight.
    Pretty much all my blades when not at work sleep in the basement where 2 dehumidifiers run year round and never had an issue.

duramax likes this.
  20. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I wonder if hitting it with a Scotchguard wheel or pad would serve the same purpose of closing up those 'pores'?