It folds!

Yes! Way to go IMWILSON team work baby : ) Ha Wilt the Stilt! Thank you for the update. I didn't mean to be pushy, i just check daily hoping to see the folder progress : ) Good night Daniel and fellas on this forum.

I couldn't do this stuff without IMWILSON's help!

Not pushy at all, in fact I like the forum to be that way... interactive. That is why I have it really. I did put a secret folder photo in the other thread, I'm sneaky like that.

My dad went to Overbrook High with Wilt, and used to sell him exotic cars. Seeing The Stilt unfold himself from a Jaguar E-Type 2+2 when I was a little boy, was even funnier than seeing Shaq getting out of a car.

Can't wait for my folder! :D

Awesome! That is a classic car too, influenced a lot of later designs.

Daniel- Pohan tells me that once he started making folders, he got buried. Fixed blades have been put on hold!
He's still banging out folders! Got me??

Saw it.

Nyuknyuknyuk. ;)

:cool: :D

Daniel- Pohan tells me that once he started making folders, he got buried. Fixed blades have been put on hold!
He's still banging out folders! Got me??

I believe it! Pohans folders are rocking.

Once I get going on them I will keep making them until everyone gets one so it may be a while! I always have to mix things up to keep it fun though too...

OMG...I'm digging that design its gonna be a HOT folder...Rock on bro! --Ben

by the way Daniel, how many is "Everyone"? These folders are gonna be Sizzlin, so "everyone's" gonna want one. Ok just put me down for the second folder in 2015 ; ) Kidding but it may happen. I just went to the NYCKS on Friday and many beaufiful folders etc, but nothing beefy and cool like you got coming out in my opinion : )

NYC Knife show???

Why doesn't anyone TELL ME about this stuff? I could have been there in 90 minutes from downtown Philthy. Oh well- probably for the best as I'd have only spent dough I'd prefer spending right here.

Yeah Bako, every November and March in Jersey City at the Westin there is a custom knife show for three days. It's great, like a reunion. Plus a chance to score great knives and there are lotteries i.e. RJ Martin and Hinderer for starters. Check the next one out in November you'll love it.

Sid

NYC Knife show???

Why doesn't anyone TELL ME about this stuff? I could have been there in 90 minutes from downtown Philthy. Oh well- probably for the best as I'd have only spent dough I'd prefer spending right here.

NYC Knife show???

Why doesn't anyone TELL ME about this stuff? I could have been there in 90 minutes from downtown Philthy.

Yeah Bako, every November and March in Jersey City at the Westin there is a custom knife show for three days. It's great, like a reunion.

Ever since they moved the show to NJ, it has been great. Sometimes NYC can be overwhelming, hard to get around, expensive. Check it out, not hard to get to for a day trip.

My camera broke so I am all talk and no pics! :D I think we wore it out on Jade's Birthday!

I had a HUGE day yesterday on the folder!

Rear holes drilled, counterbored, lightly chamfered then tapped! I am proud to say that I didn't break a tap! I did choose the biggest hardware possible so the big taps probably helped. 8-32 Screws! (that's big! :eek: )

I also milled the relief and it looks killer!

After that I heated and bent the lockbar, that also went great! I set my vise on fire but I kind of like fire. :D

Oh no, bit there's more!

I also started grinding the lock angle on the blade... protractors and squares were involved! math is hard! (the math is hard thing is our big joke, back in the day they had to recall a Barbie doll that said that! math is hard! you have to think Barbie voice)

I feel really good about everything, my process is going to work nicely! Today I hope to heat treat the blade! I might send the run off to Paul Bos for heat treat... not sure yet.

I'm really excited and will get some photos as soon as possible!

I almost forgot

I worked on the standoffs too!

Standoffs = .2380"
Blade + washers = .2380"

More about the vise fire please. :D

It was kind of like what happened to the drummer in Spinal Tap.

I just put the folder frame slab in the vise and meltdown ensued! :eek:

I might have gotten the knife red hot and had a bunch of tape on the vise too... no that wouldn't be prudent!

That's it! I have some even cooler grinds planned though! I figured out a way to make them slice better with even more tip strength, I think that is what a folder like this needs... just wait!

I cant tell you how exciting I am right now,,,,drolling :D
Me too, I just worked on it some more and it is looking killer! I'm watching Jade right now on break and will fire u the kiln in a minute! I found an old camera too, I just need to find the way to get pics on my computer with it!

Back