It followed me home (Part 2)

The Plumb house axe looks like a 70's Cooper Tools era axe with it's flat cheeks. But I think it might be even better than an older vintage model when it comes to making kindling. That's what currently sits by my fireplace. Somebody will be pleased to set that one next to their fireplace.
I have the same one too.. mine came from the factory with a worn toe!:)

What can I help you with?
Making (A17) a broad axe haft | BladeForums.com :D. Anyway, here are the promised pics now that I'm home. PLEASE, no commenting on the broad axe condition or price as the price seen is NOT the price paid. Also, I blame Muleman 77. I spent an evening looking at his posts and saw one on fixing a deformed axe eye the night before buying it so I was optimistic. That, and by the time my common sense woke up it was an hour or so after the purchase. To ease the pain I guess, I got a 25% or so discount on the entire purchase. The eye isn't as bad as it looks believe it or not. The Plumb will probably end up being welded by my dad and rehung on the handle next to it that was part of the reason I bought it. An interesting thing is that the sledge handle was factory cut for a cross wedge. Anyway, I'll shut up and let the pics speak for themselves.
IMG-1221.jpg
IMG-1222.jpg
IMG-1223.jpg
IMG-1224.jpg
IMG-1225.jpg
IMG-1226.jpg
IMG-1229.jpg
IMG-1230.jpg

Last edited:
I received this bevel gauge in the post today. It was sent all the way from the USA to Wellington, New Zealand. A massive, massive thanks to Agent_H Agent_H for being such an incredible human and sending it to me as a gift (Amazon wanted to charge over $100 for shipping on an $18 product so he sorted me out). Man, what a guy! I am absolutely thrilled with it and can't wait to use it. I am not expecting any xmas gifts this year so this is more than I could have asked for, perfect present. Thank you I will cherish this tool mate and will enjoy sharing with others the cool story of how it came to be in my possession. Merry Christmas Agent H! Gracias mi hermano! Merry Christmas everybody :D

eRS2YCp.jpg

I received this bevel gauge in the post today. It was sent all the way from the USA to Wellington, New Zealand. A massive, massive thanks to Agent_H Agent_H for being such an incredible human and sending it to me as a gift (Amazon wanted to charge over $100 for shipping on an $18 product so he sorted me out). Man, what a guy! I am absolutely thrilled with it and can't wait to use it. I am not expecting any xmas gifts this year so this is more than I could have asked for, perfect present. Thank you I will cherish this tool mate and will enjoy sharing with others the cool story of how it came to be in my possession. Merry Christmas Agent H! Gracias mi hermano! Merry Christmas everybody :D

eRS2YCp.jpg

He's a good guy alright.

eRS2YCp.jpg

And a Merry Christmas to you sir! I am very pleased to send that piece of kit to you and know you appreciate it.

When I saw what it cost for you guys to get ahold of that thing, I couldn’t help myself.

Thank you for the kind words as well. I have my moments lol.

Blade Forums community ;)

Yesterday I stopped in a shop about four hours away from me while traveling for work. I picked up some nice Nicholson saw filing files a Rich-Con chisel and this beautiful Henry disston and sons tenon saw. Then there is this other thing. It is for sharpening saws. It holds a triangle file and has a sliding motion. I think I am missing a piece that it connects to. If anyone can find anything on it it would be much appreciated. I have not found any markings of any kind on it so far.

MmDwBto.jpg

was cleaning up the shop, found that little micrometer in the dumpster (dont worry it's metal only so it's "clean") missin a few parts but i think i could fix it

On my way home i stopped by my grandparents and my grandpa found this Fulton boys axe for a dollar. the eye was a bit bent but i got that, i'm soaking it because i think the temper line would be awesome on this one.

I didn't buy all these today but very recently.
ylUhbw9.jpg

I would say the large spirit/line level is my favorite of the three.
NGixZsp.jpg

Only marking on it is .1 I don't know what that signifies. Any of you know?
AQ5RqmZ.jpg

A Hammond farriers? hammer.
l5O3G7A.jpg

And a home made spoke shave. Because it's 90° it'll be good for scraping the finish off of new axe handles.
XkTxvi8.jpg

I'll have some axes here coming up. A local antique dealer i do carpentry for is buying a bunch at a barn he's cleaning out. I'm just a little bit excited.

ylUhbw9.jpg

NGixZsp.jpg

AQ5RqmZ.jpg

l5O3G7A.jpg

And a home made spoke shave. Because it's 90° it'll be good for scraping the finish off of new axe handles.
XkTxvi8.jpg

I'll have some axes here coming up. A local antique dealer i do carpentry for is buying a bunch at a barn he's cleaning out. I'm just a little bit excited.

I believe that is sometimes called a “chair devil”. A lot of furniture/chair makers would make them and use them as a scrapper for finish work and for fitting spindles into mortises. They were used a lot in the UK

ylUhbw9.jpg

NGixZsp.jpg

AQ5RqmZ.jpg

l5O3G7A.jpg

XkTxvi8.jpg

Nice haul. I like them scrapers and find them useful. You probably already know but if not here is a link to sharpening them.
http://www.veritastools.com/Content/Assets/ProductInfo/EN/05P33.70EN.pdf
Are you sure that is a line level and maybe not a level out of an old transit?

Back