Tool Knife: Leatherman Super tool

Hi,
and I thought the question was about just one knife
wink.gif

I bring my 13.5 inch Bowie

Chears

------------------

Well,

Iam going to have to play hell with your scenario.

Given a total collapse you would not need a tool knife, given a partial collapse ala MAD MAX, you would not have to limit yourself to 2 knives.

What about in the car?

Why would you wander?

Find a place to park some of your gear, them make short foraging trips.

If you are smart you would have already networked withother people of charachter to provide common defense, and since they probably have wives and children, you have a base camp. If so, you cna hae alot of knives.

My choices;

Swords- Wakizashi. Not because I am japanese but because they are the best against light armor and flesh.

Large knives- Bolo, Barong, Kukri, and a Machete. Indiginous pattens that prve their worth everyday, my favorites is the bolo, but want to play with a barong, am going make one here soon.

Medium knives- Bowie of some sort, like the Joe Kesslar I saw in KI or a Bagwell Hell's Belle.

Small knives- Basic patterns exemplified by Bob Dozier, a couple.

That is until I get my designs made, then I dan make them all myself, but I will still probably buy a few from Dozier.

------------------
One may want to keep an Eye out for my review of the Bob Kasper designed, Kevin Gentile modified AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper.

Marion David Poff fka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com

Patiently waiting for the Spyderco SpydeRench, Lum Chinese Chopper Folder, Rolling Lock Martial Folder, Shabaria, JD Smith, Merlin 99, and Keating Chinook, heck if it is from Spyderco I'm anxious; REKAT Escalator; Benchmade Mel Pardue with Axis and M2 Axis AFCK.

"The victorious Warrior wins first and then goes to war, while the defeated Warrior goes to war and then seeks to win" Sun-Tzu

20" HI Ang Khola Khukuri.

Comes complete with a smaller knife and a burnisher. And who needs a tool for fixing things the Ang Khola works wonders in convincing others that that's a job for them not me.

-Cliff

If, in civil war and/or anarchy, you have had to leave home, it is because you are a rebel, a robber, or a refugee. If your top priority is keeping your family alive, you are probably a refugee, and if you have any sort of knife and/or any sort of weapon, you are probably luckier than most.

During the Rwandan horrors, the news footage showed refugees trudging away from war and toward faminine and pestilence, carrying their machetes. Has anybody her mentioned a machete yet?

A cautionary note: A few people can head for the hills and live off the land. If lots of people head for the hills, they starve. If you are a refugee, whatever army or rebel militia wants to use you for target practice will, and your knife won't help much. If they don't use you for target practice with automatic weapons and artillery, your main problems will not be cutting your way out of an ambush, but finding relatively clean water and keeping yourself fed.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com

[This message has been edited by James Mattis (edited 14 February 1999).]

Fixed: MD ATAK2, hands down best utility blade I have handled yet. Interested in the Busse offerings especially if cheaper.
smile.gif
But haven't gotten my paws on one.

Folder: MT DA SOCOM

HK 53 for social engagements.
smile.gif

Wait a minute Doc I just re read your first message and realized if we`re doin the Mad Max thing knives rate low on the list of "must haves". Numero uno would be some shag nasty hot rod with a battering ram and crossbow in a pintle mount! Then there`d be a whole car to fill with knives. ;D Marcus

Sorry Marcus,
I thought I made that clear.
You start the exercise with the Multi-Tool of your choice and a hot rod with a crossbow mounted on the hood.
Then you get to pick 2 knives...
wink.gif

Doc

If I could only have 1 knife, I would be depressed.

But if that were the case it would consist of:

5+" Tanto Blade 50/50 edge made of BG-42 or CPM-440V 3/16" thick stock steel, jimping on top, finger choil underside, solid xtra thick titanium handle, integral lock, reversible titanium pocket clip, Torx screws with the pivot screw being an Allen. Dual thumb studs and finally a lanyard hole in the handle. TOOOOO bad it doesn't exist
frown.gif

Mark

" Knife Collectors Are Sharp People
smile.gif
"

------------------

Selecting from knives on hand:

Randall Model 1 with an 8" SS blade and black micarta handle with single finger grip handle carried on the belt

Polkowski Scorpion IWB concealed carry

SwissTool in a horizontal belt pouch

Can I still carry my Micra?

Axel

Chris Reeve Mountaineer II
Chris Reeve Sebenza
Leatherman Supertool

------------------

Win
Knife lover, Philosopher, Humanitarian, and All-around nice guy
(all right, so I'm just a knife lover)

I would grab a short sword of A-2, a 6" utility knife of Talonite, My AR-15 HBAR, my smith 617 22lr, and lots of ammo for both. My woman and daughter, and all they could pack! ha ha

one knife...definitely my super delux swiss army knife so i could make sure all the screws were down tight on the wood grain vinyl on my mercedes.....and so i could clean my finger nails.....

Rob Simonich once more confirms my sense that he is a righteous dude by making picks that match my own. I would not even think about taking a folder.

I would want a Mad Dog 3/16 AZ Hunter, and my Black Cloud Knives second generation Short Sword I.

I would also want an axe and an AK-47, but that is another thread and another forum. Oh, and an EZ-Lap "M" diamond rod sharpener.

Harv

[This message has been edited by Steve Harvey (edited 15 February 1999).]

How about a:
SWISS CHAMP
GRECO HATCH-IT
MISSION MPF_1
and a wilton4103 knifemaker he, he, he...
IS THERE ELECTRIC?

what i could scrounge from my local mall.

a cold steel 5 inch voyager plain edge clip point
a USMC K-bar

what id like,
a spyderco military in a 6 inch size withthe rolling lock
and a mad dog panther.

DMT sharpener with both fine and coarse grit
i would have to hunt down someone with a pistol for me and get it with some lead assisted long range shopping.

1. Mad Dog A.T.A.K.-2

2. Mad Dog Pygmy A.T.A.K.

3. Leatherman SuperTool

Back