• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

JensenEliteBlades - BAD

i could not honour your request to under-value and therefor under-insure the knives being returned to you (especially by such a large amount) as the risk of losing them and oweing you that amount money was too great.

Again - communicate with your customers. I am always prepared to eat the cost of a knife or two lost in the mail. All deals are based on trust. If you stop communicating the trust is lost because there are so many explanations to why someone has stopped communicating. One of them is that you are trying to swindle people. I´m NOT saying you that you did or wanted to do that.

BTW I wonder how Bel still could be active trading on the forums while you where i such a bad shape economically? Do you understand my situation. I (and other customers) don´t get any replies to my emails but I see Bel trading on the forums. Again the lack of communication gives reason to interpret the behavior we see (forum activity).

You have a nice (no pun) e-mail from me. I hope you understand my situation. Knives don´t come for free and I do have to work to get money to spend in this hobby. I´m sure my money (and time) is as valuable to me as it is to you. I believe my behavior posting links to this thread has been explained.

I don´t have time for this stuff anymore. I´ll get off your back unless I see posts popping up about you not delivering.

/Colinz

Colinz,fair call.... and thankyou
2Sharp,we both have quite different memories of what has been said, lets just get over this please.:)

Originally posted by JEBlades
2Sharp,we both have quite different memories of what has been said, lets just get over this please.:)

I'm over it, it is one of the most saddening experiences i've ever had concerning knifedeals.
I'd hate to see it repeated, if someone asks about opinions i will give mine, which i hope people will do if i ask and/or post about some maker/dealer.

I have most of the e-mails concerning this, i've just re-read them.
Bel might not remember what she has said, but i can read.

As we have never communicated before i undestand that you don't remember.
EDITEDYou commented on my old post and i felt it needed a reply.

In any deal straight communications is paramount, IF something is un-clear then you do your best to set things straight.
You do not immediately accuse people of trying to fool/con you.

I can stand being insulted, i cannot stand lack of communication.

My e-mail is army@home.se if you'd like to adress me directly.

:)

Strike One- 2Sharp
I don't trust Bel a single bit.

Strike Two- LAG3
I'm not "piling on" here. But, I had a similar experience. It took me over two months to get a trade from them also.

Strike Three- rfrost
FWIW, I too have not received my Jensen Elite Blade, on order since 2/28/02. I traded a knife and some cash for a sweet Elite Combat.

Guys, You need to hire somone to help out with communications and organization :eek:

Damn! All this bad charma amongst good people...:eek:

I hope all of this can get sorted out. I have recieved 2 orders from JEB in the last couple of months and the deliveries were approx half of that quoted before the job commenced.

Infact, I will be ordering another design soon.

I DO believe that all problems concerning the late deliveries are out of the way and JEB is back on track.

They are putting out some nice knives.

lets just got to the pub and have a few beers and try and put this behind us...

:D

be safe people!

Guy, of course you got your knives. #1 you're in Australia and #2 you know them personally and visit with them.
The facts are that Bel lied to alot of people** back then.
If she's changed course and started over, that's great. But dont expect the people that were lied to to forget it and dont try to justify it. Alot of people go through hard times without loss of ethics or integrity.
Everybody deserves a second chance but dont try to rewrite history.

**I did not have a problem but 3 good friends got screwed over.

Hi Lifter,

I have just recently met with the Jensens (once) but I do not know them personally. They live in a different state.

I do not expect people to forget it, but I sure would like people to see that JEB may now be back on track and that is a positive thing. I am not justifying anything bud. I am just happy with the knives I recieved and the way in which I recieved them. I can have a positive comment, can't I? :(

I do not think I am rewriting history, infact, I did not bring any issues relating to the history into topic other than the statement - "I believe that they are now back on track"....

I hope this doesnt go any further, I would hate to see a talented maker such as Peter that is really just only 'getting on the scene' be crucified before he can make a proper start and go of it.

Your right about one thing, it is history.

I value your opinion Lifter, always have man, I hope you can see some merit in mine...:(

later.

Found this old thread while doing a deeper search on some folks I sent some money to for a knife. Deposit placed 3/8/05 with a forecast of 12-16 weeks to completion and shipment. Paid in full late July with a promise of delivery in a few weeks. Inquired upon multiple times re: no delivery. Last few responses: should be shipped in a few days. Last response, a month ago with a forecast to ship within a few days. No response to email sent five days ago. Advice?

Call them by phone or send a registered letter.The last post here was 9/16,so it has been a month since their last post.He has some great knives,try another e-mail or maybe someone from Australia here could try to make contact for you.Take Care.

CODE 3 said:
Keep in mind, folks;

If I recall correctly, Bel & Jensen Elite Blades are located in Australia.

She used to be a regular on the Emerson forum, and you may find her over at the USN.

I sure hope this works out.

She's banned from There...........

Feyd,

I'm thankful you brought this post back up! I also paid in full a few months ago for a knife that Peter said would be finished within 2 weeks. He keeps saying it's only a few weeks from being finished. I've read enough, I'm asking for my money back.

By they way, this is exactly the same scenario I experienced with Mercworx. Neil said my knife was ready and only waiting for a sheath. After much grief, I received it 8 months later.

whitie

I think I read it correctly, but Feyd's comment refers to other folks he sent money to for a knife, not the Jensens. I have bought many knives from Peter and never one had to prepay. I even offered to a few times, but he told me that he prefers not to do business like that, even with regular customers. I am not saying that you did not have to prepay as I don't know you. I just don't understand why he would deviate from a standard business practise.

I offered to pay up front as the time it takes to get anything to Australia is long and I did not want to have to wait longer to receive my knife from it's completion to be longer waiting on my payment to arrive and clear. He still said no, people get bent when they are out money and due dates get missed. A hassell he did not need. I got to respect him for that.

Cerberus

I have no idea why he would bring this post back up if it isn't Jensen Elite Blades that he is involved in a business deal with.

That's what I "ass-u-med" too, that he brought it back up because Jensen Blades is involved. His situation mirrors mine.

Peter said he needed 1/2 down. I went ahead and paid it all because the knife was just a "few weeks" from being finished. Two months isn't a long time of course, but it stinks when you prepay and are told to expect the knife in a few weeks.

whitie

Feyd said:
Found this old thread while doing a deeper search on some folks I sent some money to for a knife. Deposit placed 3/8/05 with a forecast of 12-16 weeks to completion and shipment. Paid in full late July with a promise of delivery in a few weeks. Inquired upon multiple times re: no delivery. Last few responses: should be shipped in a few days. Last response, a month ago with a forecast to ship within a few days. No response to email sent five days ago. Advice?

Hi, could you specify that you are talking about jenseneliteblades, your post doesn't entirely make it clear?

The Last Confederate said:
Hi, could you specify that you are talking about jenseneliteblades, your post doesn't entirely make it clear?

I'm sorry for any confusion the revival of this thread has created. I am indeed referring to the folks at Jensen Elite. I was asked to pay half down and that payment was confirmed as recieved 3/8/05. I paid the remaining half a few months later as I believed my knife was on schedule. I was informed in September that my knife was days away from shipping and there had been delays owing to family emergency as well as computer troubles. Entirely excusable and I wouldn't put it to anybody that that is not the truth. However it was also explained to me a month prior that there was a delay in the shipment of one of the materials used in finishing the knife. I'm completely new to buying custom knives, but in no way new to commerce that involves international communication and shipping. I'm just plain rubbed wrong by the experience so far. As much as I admire the design of the EVO Survival, it does me no good if I am not able to hold it. I'm beginning to regret my choice as I was conflicted between choosing Peter's offering over that of Linger.

I wish not one person any ill, the interaction thus far has been disappointing, that's all. I can say that on the occasions that I have heard from them, the Jensen's have been quite pleasant. I thought I should add that lest this sound like an overt attack rather than my honest report as a customer.

Another example of why I will almost never pay more than a minimal (10% or so) deposit when ordering a knife. The only time that I will give more is if I order expensive materials. Also, never pay in full for a knife until you have been informed that it is finished.

It seems like this is a regular model, and as far as I am concerned there should not have been a request for a deposit at all. This is a knife that should have been easy to sell if the order was cancelled. Makers that ask for large deposits set off warning bells in my head.

agree with keith 100% on the deposit, and NEVER pay in full in advance, i have never had a reputable maker ask me to pay up-front anyway.

now if ya want 18K bolsters, ivory handle, devin thomas damascus blade/etc expect to pay a deposit on all that, thats fine, but if they ask for more, look out imho.

SIFU1A said:
agree with keith 100% on the deposit, and NEVER pay in full in advance, i have never had a reputable maker ask me to pay up-front anyway.

now if ya want 18K bolsters, ivory handle, devin thomas damascus blade/etc expect to pay a deposit on all that, thats fine, but if they ask for more, look out imho.

I will be completely honest. This is the first custom knife I've ordered from anybody. To boot, I did have specific requests regarding a small engraving and I did make an election as far as the physical make-up of the blade that would've made it unique to a degree (though besides the engraving, all options listed on the makers website if that helps). So when I call it the way I want it I have no qualms with paying up front, especially when I have no cause to think there is a problem with the schedule. I apologize if the omission of this detail has mislead anyone in any way.

Because I haven't yet, I'd like to thank all responders for the input provided. I will send another email to Peter later today as it is now one week that my latest request has gone unanswered. If anybody has any other means to contact Peter, please refer him if not to this thread, then to my profile as it is linked to my email address.

Thank you again, guys (ladies if/where applicable).

Feyd,

send your email to me mate and I will see that he gets it via fax. I will also phone him and tell him to answer you ASAP. Thats as much as I can do for you.

I was suppose to attend a special tactics workshop this weekend but never got there and I do know that JEB was to be there as the major sponsor. Maybe thats why you are not getting replies, I do not know.

All the best with this.

Back