JohnDF's Return to Work GAW

tsjGkmb.jpg

Logan's Run? (please, no!)

Not an entry, but this is such a fun thread! (I found this old DE while walking in the woods last year )

I can't think of a series aside from Star Wars and Star Trek that has a more devoted following than the original Battlestar Galactica series. Even though the new(er) series has a good fanbase, I don't think it is quite as fervent as the original.

So that is my next guess.

How about X-Files?
Nope. The truth is still out there.

Logan's Run? (please, no!)
Ummm... Nope

Star Trek Voyager
Also good, but nope.

7 of 9 is OMG!!!
Yes please!

Farscape?
Never got into Farscape for some reason.

original Battlestar Galactica series.
Said you had to be kind of exact. So nope :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I hear the rain, I need to grab my gun and bring in the cat.

Ha! Well, with that said, I will bow out gracefully and let someone step in. At least I was close. ;)
C'mon, you're one step away from the finish line... You just tried to cross too early. Lol

C'mon, you're one step away from the finish line... You just tried to cross too early. Lol

Alright then :D, Let us go with the rebooted series that occurred between 2004-2009. Also known as Battlestar Galactica. I was quite fond of it myself. (especially considering the old '70s special effects don't hold up that well...)

Alright then :D, Let us go with the rebooted series that occurred between 2004-2009. Also known as Battlestar Galactica. I was quite fond of it myself. (especially considering the old '70s special effects don't hold up that well...)
Yes, yes, yes. I embedded a bunch of clues in this thread, including my signature. Best written TV show ever as far as I'm concerned. I've watched every episode of every season four times through. "So say we all" is a very common phrase in our house :cool: You can claim your guaranteed spot in the final drawing or pick somebody else to receive it.

Never saw Battlestar Gallactica, oddly enough. Maybe I’ll get to it!

While the quote is from an earlier and probably not classified as SciFi, "War Games", also a fav of mine, came out in 1983 and a year later the Terminator made the scene,

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

so, my second post on this super SciFi adventure ;)
G2

The girl on the right with the pensive look was on Hawaii Five O . Does that improve my chances? At least I identified something in a Sci-Fi picture.:rolleyes:

Yes, yes, yes. I embedded a bunch of clues in this thread, including my signature. Best written TV show ever as far as I'm concerned. I've watched every episode of every season four times through. "So say we all" is a very common phrase in our house :cool: You can claim your guaranteed spot in the final drawing or pick somebody else to receive it.

Thank you, my friend. I had a pretty solid belief that BSG would be a serious contender, especially after perusing the thread again. However, it was a bit of a gamble on which one. As I said earlier, the original BSG continues to have a rather significant following and there are many in my circles who would claim it as the better show (I call them purists). I think it also has much to do with where one is at in regards to their specific generation.

As I said, a gamble. :D

That's what I get for checking in late. It's in your signature line.

Admittedly, I missed that as well. It didn't catch my eye until he mentioned it in his post.

Star Trek was always my favorite for years and years. Then I saw the new Battlestar Galactica and it was just so smartly written. Firefly is of course a sentimental favorite. Of the most recent stuff I'd say Killjoys is a front runner, it reminds me a little of Firefly. However, always lurking in the background is my love of Dr. Who. Been watching the Doctor since Baker was on PBS. But nothing is as well written as Battlestar.

Back