• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Just a thank you to Strider Knives...

Edited so I don't hurt any Wana be mods feelings :)

HA ha

Nice engraving lefty that's sick bro

Last edited:
Here you go.
IMG_20130518_154143_230_zpsccb913e8.jpg

That hawk is sick too thanks lefty

I asked the same thing on the Strider FB page a while ago and was told by John Frederick that $25 for multiples was ok. (He's the FB page admin and runs the Strider forum on the Green forum. Josh is occasionally on the forum too and didn't say John was wrong.) I will say.. the Strider warranty isn't what it once was.. although the communication is/was about the same.

Thank you bro.
This is great news .

For those too afraid to take the strider leap please buy them .
Then when you get upset sell them to us ;)

^ That's what I thought! :rolleyes:

Once you've been around this place for a while, & actually spend some time observing, you'll hopefully glean a little more insight about a few of the sanctimonious member's here (& their ulterior motives), as you do about knives. FWIW: most of the people here whom spend their time trolling on certain maker's, don't even own any of the brand knives they incessantly whine about!

I have no doubts that time will offer more insight on these matters. I can see how someone might think I'm specifically targeting Strider with my comments, and I would like to diffuse that thought. I'm simply against the idea that "customers get what they deserve" as far as customer service goes. Customers are what make companies successful, and customer service should be recognized as one of the highest priorities for companies that wish to continue growing their success and brand.

I think a lot more companies...

I don't have any personal experience dealing with Strider's customer service

Thanks for making those assumptions. Assuming is a surefire way to get people to take you seriously.
I'm not even sure my comment was specifically directed to you, but if the shoe fits go ahead and wear it.

When someone asks a question about something I know a little about, I put in my two cents and they can take it or leave it. If its something I know absolutely nothing about I try to keep my yap shut. You can either choose to follow that business model or not.
Take care.

I asked the same thing on the Strider FB page a while ago and was told by John Frederick that $25 for multiples was ok. (He's the FB page admin and runs the Strider forum on the Green forum. Josh is occasionally on the forum too and didn't say John was wrong.) I will say.. the Strider warranty isn't what it once was.. although the communication is/was about the same.

Gday Oilman, just wondering if you could expand on the changes to the Strider warranty. That was one of the big selling points for me when I purchased a Strider.
Thanks
Matt

Thank you man. My phone is down so sometimes I have to work off of my tablet. Ill find a better one for you.
Take care.
IMG_20150728_133955319_HDR_zpsse8t8nsv.jpg

IMG_20150728_134021962_zpsrdparl82.jpg

Nice I like how deep it is nice work.
I think I want a roman numeral 3 on the spine of all my keepers :)
(I'm the third lol)

Tepp you could also look for a local engraver if you had say, multiple brand knives or items that you wanted the same thing on.
I once found a dude at a flea market doing engraving and I had him do a couple of my 1911 magazines. Of course I asked him if he minded what I was having put on them and told him what it was going on. He said he'd write anything on anything, LOL.

I had a knife engraved for a soldier a year or two ago, locally and the guy just did it on the side of a shipping or sewing business and was really unsure of his skills and equipment. It came out ok but it was nerve racking. Just some things to consider.
Take care.

Gday Oilman, just wondering if you could expand on the changes to the Strider warranty. That was one of the big selling points for me when I purchased a Strider.
Thanks
Matt

When I started buying them years ago the production/custom warranty was something to the effect of, If you break it we will be impressed, and send you a new one. Now, after people took them up on the 'challenge', there are a whole bunch of reasons that will exclude you from the warranty. Some of the value went down when the warranty coverage was reduced but they raised their prices?

Warranty service also used to cost $15 for return shipment. Now, because of what Strider terms a stupid tax, it costs $25. So they are making money going out the first time and they are making money fixing them too because, in most instances, it does not cost $25 to FedEx your package with no insurance.. It shouldn't be like that. Plus, why raise the price for everyone rather than just the abusers? This is why I will wait until I have more than one knife going in before I'll use their warranty service. Or I'll fully disclose the issue and sell it to someone who wants to deal with the 1 knife in question. (At a loss..)

Another issue is that the warranty statement is loosely followed by the company itself. In a thread where someone lists something they did that was against the new warranty someone from the company will say send it in and that they will fix it. That's awesome that they will still stand behind some of these things but it waters down the warranty further because you will never really know what is covered and what isn't.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Striders I have and mine are all in 100% working order but in the old days I figured in an additional $30 on most because they had lock rock when you got them brand new. (Although I raised a stink on a couple of them and they waived the fee on brand new knives.) I mainly carry Strider folders now and I would totally rely on mine but I don't believe I've ever recommended them to anyone because of the first hand issues I've had in the past. I believe the new lock geometry has helped the lock rock issue when new quite a bit so hopefully some of these issues are only issues on the older models.

All of this of course is IMHO and nothing more..

ps. Strider has NEVER not made me whole in the past, sometimes it may just have taken a little longer than others and/or I had to face the wrath of the fanbois for daring to say there was an issue but they ALWAYS came through in the end.

I have no doubts that time will offer more insight on these matters. I can see how someone might think I'm specifically targeting Strider with my comments, and I would like to diffuse that thought. I'm simply against the idea that "customers get what they deserve" as far as customer service goes. Customers are what make companies successful, and customer service should be recognized as one of the highest priorities for companies that wish to continue growing their success and brand.

^ You absolutely have a valid point, Jmunson! People sometimes tend (me included), to be in the sensitive side of some of these knife related discussions. Whether the topic of discussion is Strider, or Hinderer, ZT, Medford & CRK (to name a few), these type of thread's have a history of turning toxic very quickly. Just an FYI: I wasn't insinuating that the OP here, is guilty of this (I'm sure he has every right to be unhappy over the way he's been ignored). And you are correct; BladeShow, or other deadline related issues aren't a justifiable excuse for this.

So I 100% agree with you, & I would never run a business in this manner! I wouldn't be in business very long if I did! This type of customer service (ignoring a customer), is unacceptable.

If every company had their customer service department dialed in, like say: CRK, Spyderco & Benchmade- there probably wouldn't be a whole lot to complain about...

Yes there would! :yawn:

When I started buying them years ago the production/custom warranty was something to the effect of, If you break it we will be impressed, and send you a new one. Now, after people took them up on the 'challenge', there are a whole bunch of reasons that will exclude you from the warranty. Some of the value went down when the warranty coverage was reduced but they raised their prices?
Thanks Oilman, that is a shame the bulletproof warranty was one of the main reasons I purchased and was happy to beat on my Striders. I wonder if the old knives are still covered under the warranty statement at the time of purchase?

Appreciate the thorough response mate.

I can see no reason why they would not cover knives from X date or time. I have not seen anything in print indicating that they have changed any warranty rules. matt009au I would not sweat it. Use your knife as you need, and if the time ever comes when it requires some work just send it in with the note, and return shipping and it will be just fine.

I will also agree that I remember their old shipping fee being like $15 and if it has gone up to $25 that is a little high to still call a shipping fee.

It's still bulletproof warranty . Just not for terds that Wana say they CANNOT break them .
As long as you don't mod it to where they don't like it.

I just ordered my first Strider folder. I think it's all the knife I need for skinning a deer and cutting it up. If I wanted to spend $500-$600 on a knife I'd get a locally made custom beauty...just common sense !!!

LOL@ people who do not run knife companies saying how a successful knife company should run their business...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not picking .
But I don't think strider struggles to keep the lights on :)
They just struggle to respond to customer inquiries.

Nice to see the ex-con still gets new bandwagoners on the regular. Hate to think that integrity and customer service actually mattered to anyone.

Back