Just for fun~ What would be your choice of SHTF Production knife ?

Just for fun:

What would be your production knife of choice in a Mad Max/ The Road SHTF scenario. This would be used for everything from killing, fire making, food prep, cutting through doors, smashing through walls.....etc,etc !

I'm thinking production knives along the lines of Fehrman Extreme Judgement, TOPS Armageddon, Scrapyard Dogfather etc........sure you can think of lots more !!!!

Pics very welcome !;)

Falkniven A1.
I've been re-thing my "survival" knife thoughts, and am currently moving away from big choppers. I am now looking at carry comfort (IE not an anchor), strength and all around usefulness. In production knives this would be my choice

This is a subject that I've been giving a lot of thought to lately. One blade that I've been using the hell out of in the past 6 months has been my Spyderco FB-05 Temperance 1 model with VG-10 blade steel. With the Tek-Lok sheath that it came with it's been a winning combination for me for all types of rough house cutting jobs.

Being it's a fixed blade also give me comfort because most of the survival manuals I've been reading many of the authors prefer your main knife be a fixed blade. For that reason I just also bought myself a new Spyderco Perrin Street Beat which is also a fixed blade made with a VG-10 blade as well. I've really been partial to many of Spyderco's great blades for some time now and I also love their H-1 Salt Series.

I might go for the successor of the Temperance 1 model which is the Temperance 2 which also has a VG-10 blade and a Micarta handle. I do like Spyderco's fixed blades for overall function and reliability. I've been a Spyder-head for some time now but in the past 6 months I've really taken a serious liking to their fixed blades.

Out of all of them I would probably ultimately take the Temperance 2 if given a serious pick for one survival blade.

This little Ontario would be hard to beat. 10 inches of 1/4 inch 1095 and with RichardJs recent sharpening job it is a serious cutter.
sharpthings.jpg

But then again...
4478925_f520.jpg

Last edited:
Just for fun:

[...] This would be used for everything from killing, fire making, food prep, cutting through doors, smashing through walls.....etc,etc !
[...]
Pics very welcome !;)

x3cpiw.jpg

Everyones favorite "Do-everything" SAK

BK2
P1040370.jpg

will do any chore, pretty close to unbreakable. And I would imagine that 1/4'' steel would inflict massive wound channels.

Not exactly "production," but I'd choose a Himalayan Imports Chiruwa Ang Khola.

And yes, my camera is awful.

If zombies are involved I'd go with this -
bk6.jpg

If not -
Becker-bk7.jpg

Both are on my get list!!!

Oh boy... 'production' significantly narrows the field. the T3 SERE, Survive! Gear GSO, my Breedan Neanderthal design, there are lots of good customs out there.

I think for a large blade I'll second RKMoore's Patrol Machete choice, and for a small one, a good ol' Mora 840/Swamp Rat Howling Rat combo.

There are some good production choices. Just from my little stash:

Blades8-10.jpg

Fehrman Extreme Judgment
SRKW Battle Rat
Browning Competition
Becker BK9
TOPS Anaconda
TOPS Hoodlum II (now made by Buck)

The Hoodlum would probably be my choice in a rural environment, but that TOPS Anaconda would be a beast in an urban jungle :D

ROCK6

If you asked me this in 2013 it would be my Baryonyx machete, but for now it's just custom. For present production I might go with with an Estwing Rigger's Axe or a TOPS Power Eagle. Maybe even my Condor Bush Knife. Tough Question! I'll think on it more and get back to ya'.

"The one I have on me." LOL...I hate it when people use that line. :D

Hmm...from what I own it would be a 15" BDC kukri though I'd rather have my tomahawk if you're allowing non-knife blades.

There are some good production choices. Just from my little stash:

Blades8-10.jpg

Fehrman Extreme Judgment
SRKW Battle Rat
Browning Competition
Becker BK9
TOPS Anaconda
TOPS Hoodlum II (now made by Buck)

The Hoodlum would probably be my choice in a rural environment, but that TOPS Anaconda would be a beast in an urban jungle :D

ROCK6

Wow...that's some cool collection !!!

Back