Kerry Hampton Knives

An HJ yes!! But I'll pass on the wrench!!

Really? Imagine what Kerry could create with this as inspiration!

Just kidding. Kerry would probably end up muttering, "with friends like these..." 🤣

Really? Imagine what Kerry could create with this as inspiration!

Just kidding. Kerry would probably end up muttering, "with friends like these..." 🤣

Now that’s pretty cool! I need one of those for the next time I hit the hardware store in Cattaraugus!

As a matter of fact, since you sort of mentioned it, retirement is just around the corner for me. I have 11 work days left in the year but I have to burn 5.5 vacation days before December 31. I know, that was kind of a long answer for "Yes, I am going full time". I will qualify that with a "BUT" because making knives isn't going to be a job for me. Somebody somewhere else on the BForums (who does not know me) said that Kerry Hampton is a "hobbyist maker" so I guess that is what I am. That means I love to make knives and I DON'T HAVE TO make knives. The shop is mostly ready to do this thing so that's what I am going to do.
No better way to make knives Kerry! Congrats on retirement! Hate to wish my life away but I can't wait. Cheers!
An HJ yes!! But I'll pass on the wrench!!
Remember this one, Kerry?? @KnifeHead:cool:View attachment 2015523
Now that punch hits way above the waist Charlie! (Pun intended)

I think Kerry learned to "Punch" from Tony!!
Here are two FB punches Tony designed for me several years ago!! Kerry put a "faceted" one in my Cattle knife! The one on the left is hollow ground, with a rounded back.
Yeah, and do you want to know how he did it? He pointed to stuff with that crooked-ass index finger of his and said, "Look here, see that? Now you step up to the grinder right there and do that." :D I kid you not!

Yeah, and do you want to know how he did it? He pointed to stuff with that crooked-ass index finger of his and said, "Look here, see that? Now you step up to the grinder right there and do that." :D I kid you not!
Now that YOUR finger is crooked, how about making me a Harness Jack, Kerry??!! :D

Some men apparently don't know what to do with retirement...they take to drink, would like to take to women but let's be realistic.. start boring the neighbours, watch too much news they can't understand..go crazy and carry a cane :eek:;)🤣

But our wise man gets himself tools, fits up a workshop, attracts adoring fans, the resolve of the gods and a Star is Reborn :cool:

I see an astonishingl KHnorfolk looming into sight with fine Rat-Tails and sunk joints and that Stag 🦌

No, but I will. I am over my fear of small things, having lived with a small thing all these years :p
:cool::rolleyes:
Get a stronger prescription for those glasses, Kerry. And then marvel at the man you've become. 😂

Some men apparently don't know what to do with retirement...they take to drink, would like to take to women but let's be realistic.. start boring the neighbours, watch too much news they can't understand..go crazy and carry a cane :eek:;)🤣

But our wise man gets himself tools, fits up a workshop, attracts adoring fans, the resolve of the gods and a Star is Reborn :cool:

I see an astonishingl KHnorfolk looming into sight with fine Rat-Tails and sunk joints and that Stag 🦌
Thank you for the compliment, but seriously, get out of my head. I actually have a KHnorfolk set that Tony heat treated for me that I have been holding off tackling due to the crinkey nature of said pattern. I don't want to screw it up, since it is special WW vintage (well, vintage for me) so I must take it easy. But yes, all of those things you speak of have gone through and go through my head. Time is precious and Tony is watching :D

Now that YOUR finger is crooked, how about making me a Harness Jack, Kerry??!! :D
Haaa! Tony's finger was WAAAAAAY crooked. Harness Jack is on the list.

BTW, I need an example of a Real Lamb's-foot Knife. My memory doesn't serve me...I'm not sure that there is one in the WW vaults. I like the swayback patterns.

Back