Photos Klein Electrician Knife, please post pics of any electrician types,Thanks!

That's one I spotted, but that one was a bit easy with the hawkbill on top. The other I'm 99% sure is second from left,bottom row. Just can see the tip of 3rd blade;) people hate playing "hidden object" picture games with me lol Awesome collection btw!

I bought this Kutmaster TL-29 last weekend. It was pretty much rusted shut but with wood covers, I figured it was worth $10. After some work and oil, I can open the blades, and I see someone modified the screwdriver into some sort of thick, pointy blade. I don't hate it. :cool: In fact, I could imagine it getting some pocket time. :):thumbsup:
Kutmaster TL-29.jpg

I bought this Kutmaster TL-29 last weekend. It was pretty much rusted shut but with wood covers, I figured it was worth $10. After some work and oil, I can open the blades, and I see someone modified the screwdriver into some sort of thick, pointy blade. I don't hate it. :cool: In fact, I could imagine it getting some pocket time. :):thumbsup:
View attachment 938503
Another lost and lonely blade saved by r8shell :thumbsup::)

This one came in the mail today from eBay. Total cost was $21.99, so I don't think any shenanigans were involved.

Have never heard of a bone-handled Klein Tools before. Has the insulation stripping blade. Factory edge and no evidence of use. Not a perfect knife, but it feels like something Utica might have made in their earlier Kutmaster days.

Steel bolsters, brass liners, and nickel silver shield. Really solid knife.

Has anyone ever seen one like this? (Sorry about the quick phone pics, but I wanted to share immediately)

full

Last edited:
I love my klein TL-29. The Case "hobo" sheath fits it real well, and even shuts with the bail in place.
case-hobo-open.jpg

It's my preferred knife for woodcraft (like carving bow handles and shaving down arrow shafts), with the spear for cutting and whittling, and the screwdriver for scraping. The screwdriver is of course great for prying open cans and such.

I love the heritage of this design, and I deeply appreciate still being able to buy a new one that is made in USA. I'd especially like to see a new one from Case.

I have a question for those who have handled some of the older models from different makers... does the screwdriver always close a few degrees before meeting up to the liner lock, or do some lock solidly with no play? It's not a practical problem, just a curiosity.

TXoutback TXoutback : I own about a little more than a dozen tl-29’s from Utica, Camillus, imperial, colonial, and Boker....all the screwdrivers move a few degrees before hitting the locking liner, just made that way from what I can tell

6iyb2c.jpg

Bump, lol I don't understand why I don't see more electricians using these nowadays. They're crazy useful IMO.

David, I think they're being used more than we know. I usually have at least 2 in my rotation, and have plenty waiting in the wings. My dad's sole carry knife, that I can remember, was a Camillus electrician, and I think they may be the best value in a pocket knife, pound for pound.

Back