Knife related projects - please share

Well dang.
I had a bit of Elk hide lace on the Case Back Pocket and didn't like the yellowish color in contrast to the earth brown G10 and instead of taking the lace off to dye it I thought I could carefully do it with a Q Tip while it was attached to the knife...yeah right. :rolleyes: :eek:
So naturally I got some dye on the G10 around the lanyard hole and it wouldn't wipe off thanks to the dimpled texture and I kinda liked the darker look, so I just dyed the rest of it and I must say I like the richer,darker shade much better.:)

I borrowed this pic off goggle images, but it shows the true color of the G10 before dyeing.

36306.jpg

And after a couple of applications of Fibbing's #121 Medium Brown leather dye.
Not sure how it'll hold up after some use and pocket time, but I'm digging it for now.

DSCN0846.jpg

Still loving this knife gentleman's!(even more so now)

ooh. i like that much better Myke. looks great!

i've been "away" for a few days. it's nice to come back and see all the new posts here. maybe, i'll even contribute at some point. :rolleyes:

All great work showing up in this thread -

I have a custom necker that Mr. K sent me, I need to put some holes in it and send it back for finishing / heat treat etc.

That's about the limit of my cutlery skills lol -

best

mqqn

I thought I'd share that Buck 110 mod that I did. Here's a before and after....

Well dang.
I had a bit of Elk hide lace on the Case Back Pocket and didn't like the yellowish color in contrast to the earth brown G10 and instead of taking the lace off to dye it I thought I could carefully do it with a Q Tip while it was attached to the knife...yeah right. :rolleyes: :eek:
So naturally I got some dye on the G10 around the lanyard hole and it wouldn't wipe off thanks to the dimpled texture and I kinda liked the darker look, so I just dyed the rest of it and I must say I like the richer,darker shade much better.:)

I borrowed this pic off goggle images, but it shows the true color of the G10 before dyeing.

36306.jpg

And after a couple of applications of Fibbing's #121 Medium Brown leather dye.
Not sure how it'll hold up after some use and pocket time, but I'm digging it for now.

DSCN0846.jpg

Still loving this knife gentleman's!(even more so now)

I like the dye job. I imagine that material doesn't soak dye too well, but it did make it darker, cool. I did a mod a while back on a similar knife

It was an interesting build, turned out pretty neat.

Awesome mods Glenn.
That stag is stunning.
I also like that trapper, the shield works well with the rear bolster.

Time will tell if the dye holds up on the BP.
I tried to rub the dye off the smooth part by the bolster with a pencil erasure and no go, so I tried with some 000 steel wool and the dye still didn't come off.
Makes me think it does soak into the resin of the G10.
Time will tell......:)

Thanks guys! They're certainly not all winners, but some of them I am sad to see leave the shop...

It's really not fair for the rest of us mortals to put up pictures of projects after glennbad :(

Anyway, here's progress

16602565_876286352511419_1293925630090004787_n.jpg

16473091_876285872511467_1910282497264661644_n.jpg

16473693_876284622511592_2988635710004209426_n.jpg

Heck ya, Peter. I like it. Don't sell yourself short, your HK's are great!

Back