Knife related projects - please share

Heck ya, Peter. I like it. Don't sell yourself short, your HK's are great!

Appreciate you saying so, Glennbad, don't get em wrong, I'm like the way they come out and am pretty happy with this one :thumbup: but you're work is another class entirley IMO

crappy video time ;)

[video=youtube;pD-NAJN38AQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD-NAJN38AQ[/video]

Nice job Peter!

Jeff

Looks good. I like the matte, oil finish on the wood.

it came out nice, i actualy applied polyurethane a couple of times but would wipe it off before it dried to see what happned, don't necesarily like the shiny finish, think it treated the wood without forming thats hiny surface, going to keep checking on it to see if it needs something more done

e01d6ba3f59e8cc9642e40818e73394a.jpg

Took this knife
b70dacd742fb194a271c1cca86501cd5.jpg

And modified to a drop point. Waiting on some pin stock and some g10 liner to start the new handle.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
bd1551614950187ef8341f5827124ca4.jpg

Got back around to the Old Hickory mod this weekend. Glued scales, liner, and pins in place.
9cba4689688321ea0e8029a5f6bd7bb7.jpg

Cut and filed excess pin material.
8be6fc3bad9dbb500b7d1b34eae48a95.jpg

Shop is still under construction, so I made do for an anvil to peen the pins.
f3fff68d0e1ea883d5af081749725bf4.jpg

Roughed out the handle shape with an 80 grit belt. Tried to chamfer the edges, but I wasn't being very consistent so I quit for the night. May try that by hand, or adjust the handle shape to make that a little easier.
ad7b832adc7f3e4e8b42de0b507e2c65.jpg

The OH paring knife was just a 1/4 tang. Here's the view from the top.
b3a6d8965c5e255521746e34e1e5c437.jpg

And the bottom.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Good stuff GreenTrout. Sometimes when I am making a knife with a contoured handle, I will get the dremel out with the mini sanding drums. They help me to get to a rough contour quicker than sanding by hand.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Love the Orange spacer with the Green Micarta greentrout.

And speaking of Orange, here is a Spyderco SPY DK Slipit I dressed up a bit.
The solid Orange was a bit much for me so I used a black touchup pen to paint the recessed checkering.

087ca78e-885a-42fb-a583-fe58d9657f1e.jpg

I like the looks of that a lot!
good job of staying between the lines! ;)
heh.

what do you think of that one?
I have a UKPK that I like a lot.

I like the looks of that a lot!
good job of staying between the lines! ;)
heh.

what do you think of that one?
I have a UKPK that I like a lot.
Thanks, I love 'em both.
The UKPK for the one hand opening and the DK for it's slimmer blade and resulting smaller foot print.
Both are super light weight too.

5ce2d802595e9d4de3b8447c4bba285c.jpg

cfdd20f3309f7358778f0f20b863776d.jpg

848f949e124edfead227f07f1cf00a8a.jpg

I reshaped the handle some and finished to 330 grit and I'm happy with it. I may touch up the handle some more and the blade edge needs quite a bit of work but I'm happy with it for my first mod

Just something silly to keep me busy for the evening. Was wandering through goodwill looking for something unrelated and saw this little cleaver looking back at me. It had a sticker for 99 cents and I figured it was worth bringing home.
Before

After

Just got a few new stones and DMT plates for the edge pro and found an excuse to use one of the DMT plates. It's not perfect, but it's just a novelty item to me. It was about butter knife sharp with some large gouges in the blade before with a terrible looking handle. An it of sandpaper, steel wool, linseed oil, and some time on the EP and the handle looks halfway decent and it's filleting unsuspecting pieces of paper!

Seems to me we have one of those little cleavers here, I think it came with one of those sausage and cheese gift boxes.

Here's a back pocket sheath I made for my favorite Buck. The black leather is from my old Army boot. The 112 came with a broken tip. Sent it back to Buck with another 2 dot era 112. They swapped in the good blade and put a new blade in the other one. The other one went to my nephew or niece when the both got 112s as gifts last summer.
QRo6UyW.jpg

Nice job on the sheath, and as most here already know, Buck knives are my favorites.

Seems to me we have one of those little cleavers here, I think it came with one of those sausage and cheese gift boxes.
That's exactly what I planned to do with it. Put it out on the cheese and sausage tray next time we put one out for company.

I used to have one of those - it was great for chopping up carrots, green beans, small zukes, cheese, salami, etc...

Here's a couple I finished for a raffle as part of our companies' fundraiser dinner that we do every year.

Back