Knives aside, what are your other hobbies??

Kevin, actually that is a very good lookin Catfish :D

Kyle, Missouri fish, caught at Bagnel dam, below Lake of the Ozarks, three weeks ago.

My brother caught this one 10 minutes before mine, it was a good day.

david.jpg

Don, you didn't actually take your reading glasses out fishing with you... right?? :)

Don, When you talk about goin' fishin' I envision you walking back from the water with six or eight 12 to 18 inch fish hangin' on off a cord. That thing is a monster! Too cool :thumbup: and I'm such a city boy :(

Add to list of things to do before I die, catch a big fish!

I'm a girl watcher. Well, I also hunt, fish, shoot skeet and practical pistol, I'm a cyclist and, er, a girl watcher.

Man! Those two cats would make a huge pot of mulldown. Wouldn't have to worry about bones either. It would be like having a pencil in your mouth. We have some channel cats around here that get pretty big and huge flatheads are starting to show up in a few rivers. I haven't tried them yet but after seeing those catfish I might have to.

Rob, we need to go fishin!

Harry, these are Blue Cats but Channels are better eatin, you need to get after them! :)

Well, I have added yet another hobby to my list. My wife is ok with this one, though, as it's our new daughter (her big brother seems to approve):

attachment.php

Attachments

• baby_and_bigbro.jpg
    baby_and_bigbro.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 501
Guns - collecting and shooting them. Also magazines and ammunition to go with them. I like to reload also. I'm hoping to expand to black powder and BCPR eventually, but I want my "modern" bases covered pretty well first.

Homebrewing - I haven't made the switch to all-grain yet, but I make some pretty good beers using steeped grains and extracts. Once we get out of the city and have a little more room is when I plan on switching to all grain. My wife is a gardener and we're going to see if we can grow the barley and hops ourselves.

Basic carpentry for now - I'm building a deck in the backyard and enjoying it, so it turns from yard work/home improvement into a hobby. I would like to get some traditional woodworking tools and build fine furniture, maybe boats, a cabin etcc.. eventually but that will probably be at least another 5 years before I even get started on it.

I played the cello for 9 years growing up, and I finally have it again. Once I finish up building the yard (likely in the fall) I'm going to start playing it again.

I like to read - I collect books especially by Russian authors (my favorites). Tolstoy, Solzhenitsyn, Turgenev, Dostoevsky, Grossman. I also really liike some of the early 20th century eastern european authors a lot - Kafka and Hesse off the top of my head.

Plus I have my family, our house and my job. So I am staying pretty busy. But clearly not too busy to get on the internet and browse other topics I find interesting and learn more about them - like here, and custom hand forged knives.

Austin

................So I am staying pretty busy.
But clearly not too busy to get on the internet and browse other topics
I find interesting and learn more about them - like here, and custom
hand forged knives.

Austin

Welcome to the BladeForums Austin.... I am afraid that you don't
really realize what you are saying there... Because if you do develop
the custom knife bug all your other time consuming interests are
in big trouble... :)

If you check out one or two of my books you will
really be in "trouble", as the fish said when he hit
the fat worm on the hook....:D:D

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Music - I play the banjo, drums, some guitar, a little bass. I love bluegrass, jazz, rock, etc.
I practice Yang style Tai Chi. I do the Yang style public sword form but want to learn the "hidden tradition."
I shoot a recurve bow with mixed success but I'm trying.
I love to read and hope to write some day.
I love riding sport bikes but sold my last one on Maui.
I'm interested in so many things I don't have time for, like fixing cars, woodcraft, cooking, etc. We don't get enough time to explore a tiny fraction of this world's fascinations.

Music - I play the banjo, drums, some guitar, a little bass. I love bluegrass, jazz, rock, etc.
I practice Yang style Tai Chi. I do the Yang style public sword form but want to learn the "hidden tradition."
I shoot a recurve bow with mixed success but I'm trying.
I love to read and hope to write some day.
I love riding sport bikes but sold my last one on Maui.
I'm interested in so many things I don't have time for, like fixing cars, woodcraft, cooking, etc. We don't get enough time to explore a tiny fraction of this world's fascinations.

So very true!!!

Thanks guys, ....David, its more like a work in progress!!

Im putting a new gas tank on and a custom paint job....and of course more CHROME.....Ill get pics taken when its done....sometime in september.

Thanks again

Bj

Reminds me of my friends bike.
An old rigid frame with a shovel head shoved in there. I think my buddy was putting a springer front end on it.

I'm surprised those 500's don't have non-fluted cylinders.

Matchlock

Kaboom! Dual .500 magnums. You havent lived until you've shot a 700 grain hardcast round out of a 4" barrel:
16.JPG

Back