Knives in movies

Under Siege is my fav movies
o.png
Well made, both the plotting room knife fight and in US2/Dark Territory, that galley kitchen knife fight.

Last edited:
Sha Po Lang (AKA Kill Zone, 2005)

Donnie Yen vs. Wu Jing

I remember seeing Wu Jing perform in person in San Diego as part of the Beijing Wushu Team back in 1995, before he got into the movies.

Jim

Collateral (2004).

Tom Cruise uses a Sebenza Classic a couple times in the movie.

True Romance (1992)

Patricia Arquette uses a Victorinox SAK (Spartan?) corkscrew as a weapon on James Gandolfini.

Jim

Last edited:
Was just watching tv and saw the commercial for the movie “Truth or Dare” and in the one scene where one of the girls says, “You have to cut out your tongue,” she pulls out and deploys a Buck 110 auto

Balisong play in the Punisher. Also check out Hit Girl vs Rasul in Kickass.

Last edited:
Balisong play in the Punisher. Also check out Hit Girl vs Rasul in Kickass.

That's a sore spot with me. Love the movie, but here in the real world, the Benchmade 42 Bali-song was discontinued within a few months of that movie premiering. IIRC (which I very well may not be), the 42 was discontinued first, the supply at retailers was drying up, and then the movie came out. Within a year, a knife that cost $125 was suddenly worth over $300. Hit Girl just had to mention it by name, huh?

Collateral (2004).

Tom Cruise uses a Sebenza Classic a couple times in the movie.

You'll notice that it's also a lefty, as Tom is in real life. Michael Man doesn't fool around with his characters and their props, nor does he let his actors get away with looking good on camera, but makes them know their tools like a real professional would.

Not keen on Cruise ...

but

. Michael Man doesn't fool around with his characters and their props, nor does he let his actors get away with looking good on camera, but makes them know their tools like a real professional would.

'Heat' is the benchmark (no pun intended).

For all I know, MM might have been the prime mover behind getting the Detonics featured in Miami Vice.
It certainly was not out of place.

The Bren Ten neither for that matter.

Back to knives.

In Xmen : First Class , the dagger Magneto takes from the Nazi officer is pretty sick.

9pdO8NJ.jpg
K4hYU1c.jpg
OJwJ2kw.jpg

Last edited:
In Xmen : First Class , the dagger Magneto uses to kill the Nazi officer is pretty sick. Kills him with his own blade. And well-deserved I might add.

9pdO8NJ.jpg
K4hYU1c.jpg
OJwJ2kw.jpg

How is it 'pretty sick' in your opinion?

Personally, I dont see it.

BTW its a prop guys wet dream of a made up/fantasy dagger/abomination.

The blood and honor slogan lifted from the Hitler Youth scout pattern knife and slapped on a slimmer ceremonial dagger.

Inexplicably also adorned with the corn stalks from the RAD (Reich Labour Service) emblem.

But as the spade from the RAD logo (corn stalks over a spade) wasnt 'nazi' enough, the spade was exchanged for a swas.

Typical Hollyweird mish mash.

How is it 'pretty sick' in your opinion?

Personally, I dont see it.

BTW its a prop guys wet dream of a made up/fantasy dagger/abomination.

The blood and honor slogan lifted from the Hitler Youth scout pattern knife and slapped on a slimmer ceremonial dagger.

Inexplicably also adorned with the corn stalks from the RAD (Reich Labour Service) emblem.

But as the spade from the RAD logo (corn stalks over a spade) wasnt 'nazi' enough, the spade was exchanged for a swas.

Typical Hollyweird mish mash.

I love that it says "blood and honor" then Mag asks the Nazi which he cares to shed first....."Blood then". Then he (Magneto) kills two of the officers that he had be searching the globe for. Awesome scene. Cool dagger. Well-deserved deaths. And the birth of an outstanding antihero.

So if you "do t see it" then that's too bad. I see it just fine.

Back