Knives You Hate!!

I hate fakes and knock offs. I dislike my Camillus Cuda, dang rattling opening disc and too thin liners.

I hate this double bladed knife from Master Cutlery. got it for an Xmas gift. It was in the trash for about 10 minutes when I got home then decided would feel like a d&*k if just tossed it. It's like they wrapped up a turd in christmas paper and expected me to cherish it forever. I honestly think my sister was just f-ing with me. Why this one? You know. What am I supposed to do with it? It will sit in a drawer until I die or fingers crossed a burglar will break in and kipe it. I know it's the thought that counts but I don't know what she had in mind when choosing this one. Do you see me as a f-ing 10 year old? WTF? Sorry sis but to a knifeknut this is insulting.;) Ugh.

20141226_150508_zpse271d5fd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I hate this double bladed knife from Master Cutlery. got it for an Xmas gift. It was in the trash for about 10 minutes when I got home then decided would feel like a d&*k if just tossed it. It's like they wrapped up a turd in christmas paper and expected me to cherish it forever. I honestly think my sister was just f-ing with me. Why this one? You know. What am I supposed to do with it? It will sit in a drawer until I die or fingers crossed a burglar will break in and kipe it. I know it's the thought that counts but I don't know what she had in mind when choosing this one. Do you see me as a f-ing 10 year old? WTF? Sorry sis but to a knifeknut this is insulting.;) Ugh.

[/URL][/IMG]

Some non-knife people honestly don't know the difference between a high quality knife and a piece of...junk. You should see the crap my sisters have given me over the years that they thought I'd love because they thought it 'looked cool'.

Here are two examples:
image.jpg

Yech!

I hate crappy kitchen knives.

My wife bought some "Paula Dean" knives with the blades painted a dusty rose color. The steel is so soft that one push on a 220 diamond stone raised the biggest burr I've ever felt. It is super easy to sharpen, but after 3 or 4 uses it is back to being as sharp as the edge of town. My wife won't let me throw them away, and uses them preferentially over the Shun and Wusthof sets we have.

Probably comes as close to hate as I'm likely to get.

Prison shank customs. No offense to new makers but i think before people start hocking knives for sale a certain quality standard should be established. My personal rule would be if i wouldnt pay money for it dont ask that someone else do so.

Also i hate multiple grinds going the length of the blade. Nightmare grinds are cool i just hate grinds like on the hogue ex 04

Some non-knife people honestly don't know the difference between a high quality knife and a piece of...junk. You should see the crap my sisters have given me over the years that they thought I'd love because they thought it 'looked cool'.

Here are two examples:
View attachment 502617

Yech!

Yeah I understand that and don't blame her for getting some no named junk steel blade, anybody else would have done the same looking to buy a knife and not know what to look for. Just questioning the absurd Scifi unusableness of it. What does that say about what she thinks of me? I'm giving to much thought to this I realize(chances are she got it for free and wanted to gift it:D).

God help me but I don't hate the bottom blade in that pic. ;) Reminds me of a Kershaw Storm which is a knife I don't hate and probably makes my post hypocritical cause it's almost as Scifi designed as the one she got me.:D But the Storm has sandvik steel which if it didn't , probably wouldn't still own it.

Hate is a strong word, but probably the Tom Brown tracker and every discussion that gets regurgitated and rehashed about it.

Look through a smokey mountain catalog. Everyting from larry the cable guy to turd man and mike hawk.

I hate hearing about counterfeit knives that are purchased by people thinking it's the real deal. Buyers beware. ;):)

Threads like this usually end up being nothing but trouble. Troublemakers will get smacked.

You mean; "I hate sebenza, no I hate Strider, no I hate Emerson, who likes a knife with a hole in the blade, blah, blah, blah?"

I hate a knife that is dull, and I hate seeing the word knives spelled knifes!!!

Here are two examples:
View attachment 502617

Yech!

Lol,the proverbial fruitcake. :eek: :D

[/URL][/IMG]

All I can say is thank you. A knife this awesome was "forged" for one reason - to end up in a thread like this. I can think of many uses for this beauty.

That person trying to open a package with his keys. Wait a minute bud, use this…
"Anyone have a knife, I got some gum stuck in my shoe." Sure do, here you go…

This knife needs to be shared with the world.

I hate anything serrated, doubled edged or combination edge. The knife i like the least from the many that ive owned has to be the boker kwaiken. This knife is so overrated in my opinion. I dont see what people think is so good about this knife. Horrible ergos, the titanium version i owned briefly was way to heavy and i hate the blade shape.

Swiss army mini. I've handled lots of big razor-sharp blades but the worst cut from a knife I ever got was from a dull Swiss army mini, stupid little thing:)

I'm still too early in my time as a "knife nut" to hate knives. I try to find the unique/positive features in all quality knives. I'd have to give it to the junk knives I grew up on though. You know.. The knives you buy as a kid at the county fair, walmart, or the local gun & "knife" shows. What was I thinking?

I'm too enamored of old ones that still have the swan in them and fixing them up to hate much of anything.

Back