• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kryptoglow custom scales, spacers...

hi, I know you have a lot on your plate but was wondering the wait time for some smokey blue glow scales for ZT 0560 will be. I missed out on the last ones cuz I didn't have my 0561 in yet didn't want to buy scales for a knife that wasn't in my hand.

hi, I know you have a lot on your plate but was wondering the wait time for some smokey blue glow scales for ZT 0560 will be. I missed out on the last ones cuz I didn't have my 0561 in yet didn't want to buy scales for a knife that wasn't in my hand.
I hope to be listing some tomorrow or monday. I believe there is a 0560 with blue glow and black marbling in the bunch. Thanks for the interest.

new batch looks amazing if I could id buy them all haha but I had to settle for 2 :) keep up the amazing work I cant wait to get them in the mail.

you can find them at kryptoglow.com

I just got mine in the mail 2 days ago and love them they feel much better in hand then the original scale that came on it

krypto1.jpgkrypto2.jpeg

kryptoglow1.jpgkryptoglow2.jpeg

Hi, any plan to make Orange glow in the dark scales for DPX HEST 2.0 folder ? I'd love ones one mine...

Yes, I hope to have orange and many others in the next month or two. I am working on some thicker textured scales for the Hest 2.0.

Thanks for the interest, Dan @ KG

I would love to see you offer svord peasent friction folder scales

Don't take offense please but I bought 2 of them to do scales and decided to pass on that model after playing around with them. I guess it's something that has to grow on you.

Kryptoglow (Dan), I've seen that you do backspacers for the Emerson CQC-15. Do you do customs scales for it as well?

Kryptoglow (Dan), I've seen that you do backspacers for the Emerson CQC-15. Do you do customs scales for it as well?

Hello,

I used to offer scales for the CQC-15 and commander but never sold a pair. I learned that most prefer black...Sorry and please keep an eye out as I may delve into them again.

Hey buddy, if I order the scales for the 0350, do they have the holes for the pocket clip drilled?

Hey buddy, if I order the scales for the 0350, do they have the holes for the pocket clip drilled?

Yes, the holes are set up the same as factory.

I've had some extra things to do lately and have gotten behind on scale production and such. I will be listing some items over the next few days and hope to include 0560's, 0350's, skyline, 0550's.... Thanks for your patience

I checked your site out. Amazing scales! I only wish I could have seen the Benchmade 520 Presidio. That is the knife I am shopping scales for. Hopefully you'll eventually add it to your "Beutify" list. Man, those swirled glow scales are something else though.

Any plans for producing scales for the Spyderco Domino? I have one coming soon and wouldn't mind getting that scale off of it! Haha

I just stumbled across this and your site. Excited to see some plans for Mule scales. Any news on a date?

Belated Merry Christmas to all.

Well I have some news for everyone. I received a letter VIA an attorney recently that states for me to cease and desist from using the name "Kryptoglow". There is a company called kryptaglow that is making the complaint. His company sells glow products like glow dog leashes, tape, walkway marker, paint and such.
After receiving the letter I tried to work out the issue with him by calling him. I told him who I was and that I was only a maker of knife/gun handles. I also told him I'd be glad to ad a link to my site referring people to him. He would not let me talk. He just threw insults and was nothing but controversial.

When I started my company I paid the 400.00 to the us trademark office and they conducted an investigation into the use of Kryptoglow. After about 10 months I got a trademark and full rights to do business under that name. I set up a website, made business cards, opened a facebook account, had stencils made for etching blades for knives and pushed the name here and everywhere for a couple of years.
This fella who has made the complaint did own the trademark kryptaglow starting in 2003 but in 2012 he let it lapse. I guess that's why the trademark kryptoglow was given to me....

I spoke to an attorney and I was informed that even his complaint has been filed incorrectly and my atty could easily have it dismissed. My atty says that would be the first step and after that it could take numerous actions depending upon how far the other guy wants to take it. My first charge would be 1100.00 to try and answer the complaint and save my name. It's hard to believe I had to pay the trademark office to do a check on my business name and now I have to pay an atty to see if I can keep it.

OK; I have slowed down to a crawl in my business due to my parents needing my help as they deal with Alzheimer's. I have been considering closing the glow scale end of the business due to that. I thought I might just focus on the "Hybrid knife" end of my business. Although, this guy is a real jerk and I'd love to fight him over this issue I'm thinking "what would I really win?" I guess I would win a business I'm not sure I can do any more....

My wife says we should go into the business of selling glow products "exactly" like his with a new name. Then this fella would be wishing he had just left me alone:)

What say you guys?

I will most likely be shutting down my website, ebay account, facebook, gmail and such. I'll update with what I may call my knives if I go forward with them. Let me know if there is any interest in the KG Rebuke, Hybrid 7 or 10" knives and that will help me make a decission.

Thanks, Dan

Back