• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kya............... An review

Status
Not open for further replies.
my message to him;hello Jordan,
my friend, this hinderer is not new in box!
the stone wash on the handle is scratched up
the stone wash on the blade has a few scratches
there an very small indent near the tip of the spanto (left side)
the blue G10 shows use
there is fair build up of what looks like black dust on both side near the pivot
there is a small divot next to the detent on the blade
the pivot screw, on the screw driver side is brownish, possible the beginnings of rust
i have not even opened the knife to check it out, but! its action is not up to "new" this knife has seen extensive carry and minor use, when i opened the box i had to use a plain leather strap to get it back to feeling sharp, and i will add the edge geometry seems off, and it appears to have been reground, upon inspection it had tang to tip grind marks, and hinderer is known for its beautiful edges
this does not make me happy my friend

mark

his response;

kya
Gold Member
Re: xm 18
"NIB" does not mean flawless, it means new in box. That is exactly the way I received it from Plaza Cutlery at a knife show (this one). It has sat in it's box since then since I have been to busy/lazy to sharpen it. I sure didn't see any of the "scratches" or "G10 use" that you are seeing, but that is the exactly way it came directly from a reputable knife dealer. If you have problems with the factory quality of the knife, take it up with Hinderer, as like I've said, it is in the exact condition as it was received from Plaza.

A:thumbdn::thumbdn::jerkit:t the moment Rick Hinderer is viewing photos i sent him

Last edited:
i doubt it came from plaza that way unless it was bought used (they sell hinderers on consignment)

maybe you could post up the pics you sent to rick.

Like I said, I bought it from Plaza. There is a Plaza sticker right on the box.

i am trying to add the photos i sent to Rick, but i do not know where to go to add them?

It appears you are not happy with your purchase and a deal is not complete till the buyer is satisfied. Have you asked for a refund if you send the knife back?

Like I said, I bought it from Plaza. There is a Plaza sticker right on the box.

NEW in box means just that. If you got it used and not in perfect condition it should have been advertised and sold as such.

The correct responce here would be to offer jeepdud his money back for the return of the knife...just sayin.

Here's the full sized images of the XM-18 from the pictures I took for my for sale thread.

Gray area on the G10 is a shadow, here's a pic without the shadow:

Just remembered while looking at the pictures, so I will admit to having switched the clip to tip up back when I first brought it home from the knife show, but it has sat in its white box since then. It has never been used or carried. jeepdud3 just seems to have unrealistic expectations from a production knife (albeit an expensive one).

EDIT @ viva la: It was not bought used (or at least Plaza did not advertise it as such). I did not consider any of the "imperfections" noted by jeepdud3 to be anything out of the ordinary (and don't even see most of them), so I didn't describe it as such.

I do not carry/use any knives I have not personally sharpened as factory edges don't impress me. That's all that comment meant. And it is for this exact reason that I have even decided to sell the knife. I'd much rather spend the money on a new bike than have a knife that will never see the light of day since I am too lazy/busy to sharpen it.

EDIT for braille's edit: Yes I just remembered and I admitted to it. I bought the knife from Plaza's Hawaiian Knife show back in the middle of March and have not looked at the knife since. When I decided to sell it, I pulled it out of the box, took pics, and sold it. I didn't think much about the clip since every knife I own gets flipped to tip up.

Last edited:
NEW in box means just that. If you got it used and not in perfect condition it should have been advertised and sold as such.

The correct responce here would be to offer jeepdud his money back for the return of the knife...just sayin.

that is correct thank you so much VIVA

thank you guys for backing me up, this guy is hell bent on the money, even if it means his reputation, but!!!!!!!! pay pal is already on the matter, as is Mr Hinderer, and Plaza Cutlery

Why would you switch the clip if you didn't intend to use it?

Regardless it really is here nor there.

When I sell an item and I have sold a few, I check it out before I list it even if it is new in box. I then list it as I see it. Once I get an "I'll take it", I contact my buyer and go over my shipping and terms. Which is I only ship priority insured with DC, and I ask that they let me know as soon as they get it that they are happy. Once I get the message that they are happy, I then consider the deal done, and spend my money. It's really not that hard and if the buyer isn't happy I would tell them to return it and once I recieve it they will get their refund. Then I would relist and go on with my life with no hard feelings..

WHEN I CAN FIGURE HOW TO UPLOAD, I WILL SHOW YOU GUYS WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL THATS A PRETTY STAINLESS PIVOT, WHY IS MINE BROWNISH COPPER? SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS
oops did it again

When I sell an item and I have sold a few, I check it out before I list it even if it is new in box. I then list it as I see it. Once I get an "I'll take it", I contact with my buyer and go over my shipping and terms. Which is I only ship priority insured with DC, and I ask that they let me know as soon as they get it that they are happy. Once I get the message that they are happy, I then consider the deal done, and spend my money. It's really not that hard and if the buyer isn't happy I would tell them to return it and once I recieve it they will get their refund. Then I would relist and go on with my life with no hard feelings..

i replied in 10 minutes, and i have gotten nothing but denial from square 1

When I sell an item and I have sold a few, I check it out before I list it even if it is new in box. I then list it as I see it. Once I get an "I'll take it", I contact with my buyer and go over my shipping and terms. Which is I only ship priority insured with DC, and I ask that they let me know as soon as they get it that they are happy. Once I get the message that they are happy, I then consider the deal done, and spend my money. It's really not that hard and if the buyer isn't happy I would tell them to return it and once I recieve it they will get their refund. Then I would relist and go on with my life with no hard feelings..

Well my ad does say all sales final, and this is clearly a buyer's remorse case as I see it. jeepdud3 has never asked me for a refund in his messages with me, all he has done is throw accusations at me and threaten to make me "infamous".

As for the clip, I did intend to use the knife. But like I've said, I never got around to sharpening it, so I've never used/carried it.

seems like we're seeing this a lot more frequently now: inexperienced sellers not reading the rules and ending up digging their own graves. good luck to you both.

jeep, I hope it works out for you.

here are the pics jeepdud3 emailed me

DSC02567.jpg

DSC02568.jpg

tn-1.jpg

tn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back