• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kya............... An review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my ad does say all sales final, and this is clearly a buyer's remorse case as I see it. jeepdud3 has never asked me for a refund in his messages with me, all he has done is throw accusations at me and threaten to make me "infamous".

As for the clip, I did intend to use the knife. But like I've said, I never got around to sharpening it, so I've never used/carried it.

It really doesn't matter what your ad says. If you chose to sell things on BF, you have to play by the rules. The main rule that is most important is no sale is final until both parties are happy. Clearly your buyer isn't happy, no matter what you diagnose the reason to be.

This is very simple and probably could have been handled privately without your name being bade into a GB&U thread.

seems like we're seeing this a lot more frequently now: inexperienced sellers not reading the rules and ending up digging their own graves. good luck to you both.

jeep, I hope it works out for you.

thank you seanifred, it is a shame but this joker get me for ............$650.................................. very sad, he wont get to keep it, rep lost... money too

here are the pics jeepdud3 emailed me

DSC02567.jpg

DSC02568.jpg

tn-1.jpg

tn.jpg

its a thing of beauty gundude i owe you, the 3rd photo has what looks like a small triangle shading just after hinderers name, it a pit in the blade

Even after looking at the pictures, I still don't see any of the "issues". But in any case, I never said I wouldn't give jeepdud3 a refund, he's never directly asked me for one. If he asks nicely without throwing accusations around, I'll gladly refund him (sans shipping charges, he made me overnight it). I just REALLY don't like being accused of things when I've done no wrong doing, so of course I'm going to defend myself when accused.

It really doesn't matter what your ad says. If you chose to sell things on BF, you have to play by the rules. The main rule that is most important is no sale is final until both parties are happy. Clearly your buyer isn't happy, no matter what you diagnose the reason to be.

Please quote that part of the rules for me. I don't see it. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=751&a=98

Even after looking at the pictures, I still don't see any of the "issues". But in any case, I never said I wouldn't give jeepdud3 a refund, he's never directly asked me for one. If he asks nicely without throwing accusations around, I'll gladly refund him (sans shipping charges, he made me overnight it). I just REALLY don't like being accused of things when I've done no wrong doing, so of course I'm going to defend myself when accused.

Please quote that part of the rules for me. I don't see it. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=751&a=98

DEALS ARE NOT FINAL UNTIL BOTH PARTIES HAVE AGREED TO THE TERMS.

Under section 2, number 4

Since the post is locked, I cannot figure out how to quote it directly.

DEALS ARE NOT FINAL UNTIL BOTH PARTIES HAVE AGREED TO THE TERMS.

Under section 2, number 4

Since the post is locked, I cannot figure out how to quote it directly.

Here were the terms: "All sales final. Prices include USPS shipping, but insurance is only included when specified. I accept payment via Paypal (gift/personal otherwise +3%) or USPS money orders."
Additional terms we worked out: Express shipping which would cost him an extra $20 as my price included $5 Priority mail and express shipping would cost just under $25.

He agreed to them when he said "i'll take it"/sent payment.

Terms does not mean happy.

Last edited:
Here were the terms: "All sales final. Prices include USPS shipping, but insurance is only included when specified. I accept payment via Paypal (gift/personal otherwise +3%) or USPS money orders."
Additional terms we worked out: Express shipping which would cost him an extra $20 as my price included $5 Priority mail and express shipping would cost just under $25.

He agreed to them when he said "i'll take it"/sent payment.

Terms does not mean happy.

You seem pretty dead set on your own "terms". Perhaps selling on this forum is not for you then.

You seem pretty dead set on your own "terms". Perhaps selling on this forum is not for you then.

Like I've said, I just don't like being accused. I was being accused of breaking a rule, so I asked where it was. It's not there.

I've also already said that I'd refund and would have refunded his money earlier had he just asked me nicely instead of slinging accusations.

EDIT: Well I'm off to work. Have fun with the drama.

because of his tone, and blatant denial we never got far enough to talk money....... as seen below;

kya
Gold Member
Re: xm 18
Go on ahead, as I have done nothing wrong and the knife is NIB as I have stated. I'm sorry that the knife is not up to your standards of quality, but that is the way it was received direct from a reputable dealer (and likely from the manufacturer).

Even though my original post is quoted below.I would like to say after seeing how this thread ended up and the actions of the said "victim" I am gonna have to side with the seller on this one.

Jeepdud3, you really have made yourself look bad and did some very wrong and unnecessary moves..ie A PP claim when a refund was offered.

Last edited:
seeing all the facts, i do side with the buyer. however, kya does bring up a good point in that all that has to be done is agreement with the terms. perhaps the rules should be revised to include that both parties must be happy for a sale to be finalized. thoughts?

seeing all the facts, i do side with the buyer. however, kya does bring up a good point in that all that has to be done is agreement with the terms. perhaps the rules should be revised to include that both parties must be happy for a sale to be finalized. thoughts?

well that might sound good in theory, this is giving permission to misrepresent, that is like telling the police "i dont think my crimes are illegal, its not my view" rules are set to protect everyone involved. i have been buying-selling everything from guns to audio/video, mostly higher end stuff, all the rules that exist here are pretty standard, and why? because they work, are fair, and are time tested.

On the other hand.
I do think that you should at least change the name of the thread to something like " Need help with Exchange sale" or something similar.
He didn't really rip you off, used bad judgement....yes, but you did get the knife.
If he refunds you the money, for sure change it.

Just my opinion for what its worth...very little

On the other hand.
I do think that you should at least change the name of the thread to something like " Need help with Exchange sale" or something similar.
He didn't really rip you off, used bad judgement....yes, but you did get the knife.
If he refunds you the money, for sure change it.

Just my opinion for what its worth...very little

all i want is an equitable value or refund, the moment he took the blade to a grinder it devalued, and how by the way does anyone who has sharpened an knife call it NIB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back