• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kya............... An review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you two can work this out peacefully. KYA is offering a reasonable refund and you should take him up on it if you're not happy with the knife. There is really no need for all this drama it just brings negative attention to the community. My advice is for both of you to work this out privately and respectfuly. I also feel that no one was ripped off here and you should adjust the title of this thread.

On the other hand.
I do think that you should at least change the name of the thread to something like " Need help with Exchange sale" or something similar.
He didn't really rip you off, used bad judgement....yes, but you did get the knife.
If he refunds you the money, for sure change it.

Just my opinion for what its worth...very little

THIS is a link to my post
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/856075-F.s.-benchmade-mcusta-spyderco-stryder
i did a vid in advance of my sale, i detailed all shortcoming's.......................... as it should be.................. honest

i wonder how you would feel if it were you being the owner of this NIB XM 18, out $650 for a very used knife............... very little indeed!

I think you two can work this out peacefully. KYA is offering a reasonable refund and you should take him up on it if you're not happy with the knife. There is really no need for all this drama it just brings negative attention to the community. My advice is for both of you to work this out privately and respectfuly. I also feel that no one was ripped off here and you should adjust the title of this thread.

thanks for the advice

all i want is an equitable value or refund, the moment he took the blade to a grinder it devalued, and how by the way does anyone who has sharpened an knife call it NIB?
Knife was not sharpened. That is the factory grind. I just think you have unreasonable expectations of factory grinds.

because of his tone, and blatant denial we never got far enough to talk money....... as seen below;

Go on ahead, as I have done nothing wrong and the knife is NIB as I have stated. I'm sorry that the knife is not up to your standards of quality, but that is the way it was received direct from a reputable dealer (and likely from the manufacturer).
That was a response to your threat of "making a video". All you have done is throw accusations and threats at me so likewise all I have done is defend. I had nothing to hide as the knife was NIB as I have stated.

Damn...this has been going on a ton lately.
If people read and followed the rules......oh well you know.

Jeepdud3 I hope you get your refund, because no matter what his thread said you are owed it.

Not trying to attack anyone with this (like they've been attacking me), but I've been hearing people quoting the rules a lot in this thread, but no one has been able to point out the written rule that I have broken. (again, TERMS does not equal happy).

jeepdud3 has yet to contact me about the refund, but my offer still stands. I'll refund the money sans shipping.

Just to add, that coloration on the pivot screw was on mine straight from the shop and has never turned to rust . It looks on mine to be some kind of hardening coloration. Just a fyi.

Honestly, I can't see anything wrong in the pics. It's a production knife meant for daily tasks. It's not a Warenski. If you go over it with a microscope looking for stuff to be upset about, you're gonna find 'em. Did you hear back from Rick yet?

I also feel the title should be changed.

What exactly are we looking for in those pics? Looks fine to me. Regardless, Tonym has the correct procedure for selling knives on bladeforums:

When I sell an item and I have sold a few, I check it out before I list it even if it is new in box. I then list it as I see it. Once I get an "I'll take it", I contact my buyer and go over my shipping and terms. Which is I only ship priority insured with DC, and I ask that they let me know as soon as they get it that they are happy. Once I get the message that they are happy, I then consider the deal done, and spend my money. It's really not that hard and if the buyer isn't happy I would tell them to return it and once I recieve it they will get their refund. Then I would relist and go on with my life with no hard feelings..

I agree. Kya has said he'll refund the item, so this thread seems completely unnecessary. Plus I don't see what is wrong with that Hinderer, looks normal to me.

Honestly, I can't see anything wrong in the pics. It's a production knife meant for daily tasks. It's not a Warenski. If you go over it with a microscope looking for stuff to be upset about, you're gonna find 'em. Did you hear back from Rick yet?

the blade is on its way to the hinderer shop

I do not have a dog in this fight, but for the record, I have owned 5 different production XM-18's. Everyone of them has a goldish tint to the pivot screw like the one shown in the pictures above. I do not know why the pivots have a gold tint, but they all do. My factory edges also all resemble the edge on the knife pictured.

So if you weren't going to try to work it out with the seller, why did you start this thread in the first place? You try to crap all over kya's reputation when he's already offered you a refund.

I agree. Kya has said he'll refund the item, so this thread seems completely unnecessary. Plus I don't see what is wrong with that Hinderer, looks normal to me.
ok, i am not on a witch hunt here, to be honest the things i speak of are difficult to see with my cam, once i talked with the hinderer shop it was decided to send it in for a look see, and kya only said that he would refund once he came under fire, in the pm's he told me it was now my problem, that is the point i started the thread, and sent the knife in to be verified. B.S. is just that B.S. if you guys followed the thread he back peddles alot, and do notice, he never made a refund offer until i stated that i had to leave, just as i said in the thread, he would use my absence to gain sympathy, i am done with this for now, once the knife is viewed, if i am wrong i will change the name on the thread, and apologize forever, but! you who sympathize, cant imagine what it would feel like to pay$650 for a NIB XM 18, and get a used one......................... investment gone!

I've eyeballed a few XM-18s in the past few months and have noticed a few flaws on all of them. Rick cant make these fast enough cause they fly out the door.I checked out the pics closely and really cant see anything I hav'nt seen on other xm-18s.

This makes no sense to me at all. kya has already stated clearly in this thread that he will refund your money. You should have shipped it back to him, gotten your money, and ended this transaction.

I think you got so upset when the knife arrived and did not look like an art knife that you lost your temper and overreacted. Time to dial it back, contact Rick Hinderer and have him just send the knife back to kya, and have kya refund your money.

There is no reason to keep this thread alive past this point.

jeepdud3 has filed a Paypal claim and has made no contact with me about his refund. Looks like I'm going to be the one who may get ripped off here.

jeepdud3 has filed a Paypal claim and has made no contact with me about his refund. Looks like I'm going to be the one who may get ripped off here.

tell him to cancel the claim, PP should refund the money back to you.

Sheesh.

kya, if you could be so kind as to PM me jeepdud's email addy I'd like to add him to my blacklist.

jeepded3, if you have filed with PayPal, your behavior has just crossed the line. This is inexcusable. You have a public offer of a refund. Taking the case to PayPal will harm kya's interests for no conceivable reason.

You are now jeopardizing your own status here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back