Lets See Some Pure Fighters

Beautiful knives, thanks to everyone who posted. I enjoyed looking at this post enough so that this is the third time thru, and it would be worth doing it again.

One more big/small set (although the small is a 7" blade):

100_3419.jpg

Just got this photo today.

orig.jpg
When the top edges on these are sharp enough to slice paper, then they are 'Pure' fighters. I made sure I captured that aspect.

Beautiful as always, Charles!

That Echanis/Al Mar knife is as purposeful a tool as I have EVER seen. Pure and Deadly.

Coop

I've always liked Glen Hornby's work!

I've been under the weather a bit lately. Mostly inner ear trouble, so I've been drunk as a skunk the past two weeks. Sadly,there have been no knives out of the Lovett Shop lately.
Here are a few past knives from the Lovett-Loveless Connection Collection.

The Hide Out and New York Special

Lovett_NYSHideout-wAmboynapicbyCoop.jpg
[/IMG]

A Wilderness and Dixon Fighter in the Loveless Tradition.

Lovett_Grp2-w.jpg
[/IMG]

The Jr. Bear

Lovett_JrBear-w-1.jpg
[/IMG]

A Big Bear

137200071BigBearII.jpg
[/IMG]

The 1/4" thick "Combat" Chute

Lovett_CombatChute-w.jpg
[/IMG]

And the Non Loveless Connection Lovett Combat Fighter

CombatBowiedownsized.jpg
[/IMG]

And lastly the Full Integral Loveless Connection NY Special

Lovett1a.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Mike,
Spectacular examples! :thumbup: :cool:
Thanks for sharing.

Now sober up and get back to work. :D

Doug

Here's one I made last spring...

008BUCKEYE2.jpg

043BUCKEYE.jpg

And another...

SaplingCutter8.jpg

One of my favorites...

100-0057_IMG.JPG

Last edited:
I thought I would come out of my lurking status to say WOW! The level of creativity and craftmanship displayed in this thread is mind boggling. Clearly I have not been paying enough attention to the custom knifemaker pages.

It is a real privilege to be able to come here and witness creations such as these.

Thank you!

I'm really enjoying these knives. The Caldwell is outstanding, as are a lot of others. I love my old Fighting Knives magazines, JP posting the BB book reminded me of this Jimmy Fikes I have. Not pretty but a wicked blade!

Win

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

NOT a fighter....it is a kard....stabbing weapon primarily used to penetrate armor....fighting weapon...not a fighter....big difference.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Hello Mr. Garsson,

The disputed piece is a Peshkabz, based on Indo-Afghan, Delhi during the Mongol period. Since I created it I can definitely state that this blade's sole use is not stabbing through armor although that is what was hinted at. The diamond cross section is shallow allowing both the leading edge and opposite edge to be razor sharp. I forged it as an interpretation piece. It was balanced at the guard and is very fast. Hope this helps with the confusion.

pointsevenpersian.jpg

Here's a couple of my other fighters, both have 13" blades.

PeckAward2008.jpg

Peck_023.jpg

Persian Influenced fighter 10" Blade 15.5" overall
PersianSlashingFighter.jpg

The AUK REX 10" Blade 15" overall
100_1159.jpg

Another Persian influenced fighter. 9" Blade
100_1463.jpg

Cheers,
Fuad Accawi JS
http://www.AcreMetalworks.com

Last edited:

Hello Mr. Garsson,

The disputed piece is a Peshkabz, based on Indo-Afghan, Delhi during the Mongol period. Since I created it I can definitely state that this blade's sole use is not stabbing through armor although that is what was hinted at. The diamond cross section is shallow allowing both the leading edge and opposite edge to be razor sharp. I forged it as an interpretation piece. It was balanced at the guard and is very fast. Hope this helps with the confusion.

Very cool, Mr. Accawi...thanks for the clarification....the fully sharpened edges would of course differentiate between stabbing and cutting.

Sometimes you just can't tell from pictures.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

how bout a few bagwells? the double edged with stag is my favorite, the blade is 10". the other is satans lace damascus, the guard damascus as well,and silver pins in the wood handle. woodster

Attachments

• DSCN2024.jpg
    DSCN2024.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCN2021.jpg
    DSCN2021.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 130
What is a true fighter? The one I have under my shirt in a inside the waste band carry just in case there is a problem with the first choice!

ChuteBaer-TRS1-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Xaman
those are two beauty's

BIGFATTY you have a talented uncle R.I.P.

RAPPLEBY interesting version of a K Bar like to see more

LONGRIFLE great looking blades especially the second from last. Love the clip

Win always nice to see your knives

F.ACCAWI fantastic work but the second to the last Persian is outstanding

WOODSTER LONING THE BAGWELL'S especially the satan's lace piece

Mr. Lovett it is always an honor to see any of your work . The Les Baer is also very nice
Here is a pic of my Wilson Combat and an EL DIABLO it's a fighting bowie but this bowie was not made to double as a camp knife so I think it belongs here

There are so many fantastic knives and posts It is hard to comment on everyone's but thank you all for making this a kick ass thread

bowie019-1.jpg

This knife now rides in A P. Long Cape buffalo and leather sheath I can not say to much about a proper sheath with out it the knife stay's home and not designed well the knife becomes a burden to carry
Knives046.jpg

Last edited:
Crossada always good to see those 3.

We have been seeing some Fighting bowie's here and there and I know that that class of knife is a big favorite around here. And let's face it It does not get any more pure than some of the dedicated fighting bowie's out there so go ahead guy's let's see the IMHO the greatest fighting knives of all the FIGHTING BOWIE'S

Back