Lets see those Axe Collections

Post your axe collection images

I will start with my small collection

5868320354_e5077ebae1.jpg

Just finished restoring this True Temper Kelly Perfect "Jersey" single bit.

5868348128_b1ecc1723c.jpg

nice work on that axe! I may post some of mine, at the moment just trying to keep them ahead of the flood water

Nice collection and nice photo. I'll get my collection together this weekend and get a photo or two.

Here are some of mine. I have some Gransfors stuff, but these are my vintage pieces. All the crates have heads in the bottom. They are in a storage unit due to flood risks in the hood. That sucks, I had planned to put handles in a bunch of these this summer.

ax1.jpg

ax2.jpg

Now thats a nice group of tools there. Congrats. If I ever get around to getting a new camera Ill get you an update photo. Of course the camera money could be axe money......

A bit of a jack to ask about this maker. I have seen it before, Operator probably knows of the top of his head so I'll save the 30 minutes digging on the web and just let him or you tell me :)

ax3.jpg

I will apologize ahead for my failure. Tough to see. I would try and chalk it to see exactly what comes up - first glance it looks like it has a "M" on top and a "W" on the bottom - if i am seeing it right - might be a Marshall Wells - though I have never seen a logo like that for them - which means nothing. Or the first thing that came to mind was an AATCO axe. Sorry I am of no help.

Nice collection!

I just got a new camera. Old one was 4megapixel something or other, this new one is 14, so I should be able to take better pics. I will see what I can come up with.

First post here folks, be nice!

3 lightweights- for woods, limbing and saw assistance. One is a no name, the middle one is a Mann, and the one on the left is a walters.

Picture284.jpg

3 pound Bellknap DB

Picture286.jpg

Council jersey

Picture1738.jpg

An old John King, made in oakland maine. 3 3/4 pounds.

Picture288.jpg

Plumb 3 1/2 Michigan DB

Picture395.jpg

Kelly Cedar pattern

Picture484.jpg

Plumb adze, not an axe but still cool

Picture289.jpg

That is everything I have photos of. There are a few more undocumented as of yet.

Welcome Gpig
That's a real nice collection you have there, love the double bits.

Regards

Robin

These are all cool! I need to get some pics of all my dads axes, He worked at a logging supply store in the 70's, was a logger for a while, and Is somewhat of a packrat. :) Tons of axes!

Last edited:
Back