Lets see those Axe Collections

DSCN0531.jpg

w.jpg

he.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

Reactions: A17
Skogkniv, nice collection. I want to point to the handle you put in the DB. you can get much better handles then that. wood color and grain direction make a difference.

Here are some of mine. I have some Gransfors stuff, but these are my vintage pieces. All the crates have heads in the bottom. They are in a storage unit due to flood risks in the hood. That sucks, I had planned to put handles in a bunch of these this summer.

ax1.jpg

ax2.jpg

Very nice collection, I never pass up a yard sale or a flea market I've gotten some unreal deal's at yard sale's,

Nice collection's everyone and thank's to all for sharing the picture's,

So I have pics of everything I have (200+) - and can't get this SD card to work - I am about to put an axe to this pc, or camera, or SD card - ugh!

So I have pics of everything I have (200+) - and can't get this SD card to work - I am about to put an axe to this pc, or camera, or SD card - ugh!

You're just teasing us right ;-) Hope you figure it out, can't wait to see the stash.

Best regards

Robin

I just got a rusty old forged double-bit axehead, took the rust off it, convexed and polished the edges, then put a 36 inch hickory handle on it. Its one heck of a chopper. That was the fist time that I did anything with an axe, I am very happy with the results. Sorry, I have no picks.

This thread needs more pictures! Man, I am humbled by all of your great collections...

What is the little rose handled hatchet? Is that a factory or custom? Is that some kind of rosewood or a stain?

What is the little rose handled hatchet? Is that a factory or custom? Is that some kind of rosewood or a stain?

Its a replica of a small Norse axe found in a dig in Norway. Surely factory made. Chops little stuff well though. Handle material I am not sure of.

Ok so I have to get a special USB adapter to read my micro SD card because my pc is too old I guess. That being said, it is perhaps a blessing in disguise, I will be able to add in the most recent 2 added to the collection, which those of you in the axe game, will simply not believe.

Last edited:
The paper labels :
SAM_0025.jpg

This is an old catalog ad from 1902 for 3 types of Hammond hatchets - and there they are.
SAM_0023.jpg

Single Bits and Double bits -
SAM_0020.jpg

The half hatchets:
SAM_0017-1.jpg

Scout style:
SAM_0018.jpg

Claw, hewing, and misc :
SAM_0019.jpg

Newest additions this summer so far:
SAM_0013.jpg

SAM_0011.jpg

SAM_0005.jpg

not sure what this is:
SAM_0015.jpg

SAM_0014.jpg

And then the 2 news ones I just got - Unreal.
SAM_0032.jpg

SAM_0030.jpg

Hope these all work, and I didnt overtake the thread. These aren't all of the ones I have, I want to see if this is going to work first. Hope it does. No one said I was a pc expert.

Repeat after me, I am an addict ;-), I need help..
The Kelly and the Kretschmer - Tredway Lincoln axes Must make you very happy. Great collection my friend, amazing.

Best regards

Robin

Repeat after me, I am an addict ;-), I need help..
The Kelly and the Kretschmer - Tredway Lincoln axes Must make you very happy. Great collection my friend, amazing.

Best regards

Robin

+1

And Happy 2000th post, Robin!

Back