Lets see those Axe Collections

Can I participate in this forum if I don't have that many axes or of that quality? I sure enjoy looking at the ones you guys have even if I do get envious! Congrats on 2000 Robin.

Howard

Can I participate in this forum if I don't have that many axes or of that quality? I sure enjoy looking at the ones you guys have even if I do get envious! Congrats on 2000 Robin.

Howard

Just want to bump this up.

Post 'em up Howard! I'll post my meager collection too, maybe tomorrow.

Matt

Matt, I won't be able to post my pics for about two weeks due to being out of town. I will post them as soon as possible. I can't wait to see yours since I always take my computer with me.

Howard

Well, here's my modest (but growing!) collection:

P1050933.JPG

Left to right:
Council Tool 6lb "Paul Bunyan" axe.
Norlund Hudson Bay hatchet.
American made True Temper 8lb maul.
Gerber.
Kelly Perfect.
Mustad carpenter's axe.
Gransfor 3.5lb DB.

P1050934.JPG

P1050935.JPG

P1050939.JPG

P1050925.JPG

P1050926.JPG

The Kelly and the maul are my most recent additions.

So what do you think this collection needs (besides a carpenter's axe handle)??

I think it's something like this:
#1: SHEATHS!!!!!!! Only the gerber has a proper sheath.
#2: a 1.5lb head on a 20" handle.
#3: Crosscut saw!!!!!!
#4: A Jersey pattern (want one so bad!)
#5: well, a err.....a hawk....
#6: Broad axe
#7: Scythe (as inspired by Fourty Two Blades recent thread)
#8: Adze
I could go on, but I'll spare you.

Alright, now some of you fellas are holding out on us! Let's see your collections! Don't make me use names...or screennames!!!

Thanks,

Matt

Not the largest collection but very nice. Bigger than my collection. Pics coming soon. Thanks for showing yours Matt.

Howard

And then the 2 news ones I just got - Unreal.
SAM_0032.jpg

SAM_0030.jpg

Great collection.....The last two are Outstanding.....

Well, here's my modest (but growing!) collection:

P1050933.JPG

Left to right:
Council Tool 6lb "Paul Bunyan" axe.
Norlund Hudson Bay hatchet.
American made True Temper 8lb maul.
Gerber.
Kelly Perfect.
Mustad carpenter's axe.
Gransfor 3.5lb DB.

P1050934.JPG

P1050935.JPG

P1050939.JPG

P1050925.JPG

P1050926.JPG

The Kelly and the maul are my most recent additions.

So what do you think this collection needs (besides a carpenter's axe handle)??

I think it's something like this:
#1: SHEATHS!!!!!!! Only the gerber has a proper sheath.
#2: a 1.5lb head on a 20" handle.
#3: Crosscut saw!!!!!!
#4: A Jersey pattern (want one so bad!)
#5: well, a err.....a hawk....
#6: Broad axe
#7: Scythe (as inspired by Fourty Two Blades recent thread)
#8: Adze
I could go on, but I'll spare you.

Alright, now some of you fellas are holding out on us! Let's see your collections! Don't make me use names...or screennames!!!

Thanks,

Matt

Awesome collection so far. I love that double bit, you should call it the "Kingsnake". That 6 pounder on the straight handle is bad ass, I'd just call that "Agent Orange". You could add some diversity with a nice brush axe or a roofing hatchet. I'll try to get some pics up soon, my axes just seem to be spread out all over the place right now.

Thanks, Trailmaker! Yeah, I'd like to find some different things. Only a matter of time until a stumble upon them. I've got a bad hankerin' for a crosscut saw! Trailmaker, you've probably used crosscut's on the trail crew, right?

Matt

Actually I've never used a crosscut saw. I was given one recently but I've not had a chance to mess with it yet. Here's a subset of my collection; European hewing axes.
IMG_1885.jpg

Nice. Is that red tint from the lighting or is the finish itself giving that color. Looks nice either way.

Finally found and AG Peck hewing axe, and then I found a Sager Chemical 1946 axe as well, one of which I just saw sell for on da bay for $153.

Last edited:
Thank You, It is the original finish on the hatchet, reddish copper color not sure if paint or other material, I am sure someone else will have more knowledge about this, all I know it is a Norlund Voyager Hudson Bay Hatchet.

Finally found and AG Peck hewing axe, and then I found a Sager Chemical 1946 axe as well, one of which I just saw sell for on da bay for $153.
wow operator! i also have a sager chemical 1946 in damn near perfect condition. i just need to get a handle for it. i can usually find good handles in town, but this time of year folks around here are buying them up quick.
anyway, i had no ideal they were worth so much. thanks...

wow operator! i also have a sager chemical 1946 in damn near perfect condition. i just need to get a handle for it. i can usually find good handles in town, but this time of year folks around here are buying them up quick.
anyway, i had no ideal they were worth so much. thanks...

Remember, its not what it is worth, it is what someone is willing to pay.

Back