LETS SEE THOSE MAGNIFICENT HJ's

Thank you Paul my friend- That's very helpful Sir! :) :thumbsup:

Hey Steve - Yeah that's it buddy, There's a couple of things wrong, one I could be a little mistaken about.

1, The Main Blade on that Knife - The Spine from where the Swage was - has been taken down and that has pretty destroyed the whole Main Blade.

2, Now if I am not mistaken Remington and Boker? used the Acorn Shield on all Knives with a Punch, but I have seen a few Rem's without?
This Knife does not have one, but it does have the nice concave Remington Punch that always is seen with Factory Blueing inside the concaved face.

There is a couple of different types of Punches used on the Remington's, here is the generic type of Punch they use as well as Remington's Classic Punch, This photo is of a Honest Remington Harness Jack that just sold this very minute I have been watching- no I didn't bid on this one, It had the Acorn Shield and this Punch....

0el3MRs.jpg

Remington's Punch at times can be quite hard to define the concave face depending on the lighting etc to be able to pick up Remington's concave face of the Punch- see here Charlie showing a Fantastic older Remington in post # 31. 764, the side wall looks very prominent - but thanks to good lighting you can pick up the curvature. I guess it comes down to the size of the Pattern as to the height of the Side wall as we do see these differences to suit the patterns Frame.
You see this on different NYK Knives using the same punch but different sizes because of the Pattern of Knife.

An older AAPK Thread that shows Remington's Punch to almost have a flat face - which looks the same as Steve's example he found with a healthier Main Blade.

Examples of the Remington Acorn shield- ( Don't forget also the Scouts / Stockmans are included in this ).

On AAPK, Acorn shields seen - most of you may recognize the top OP. ;) This Knife shows Remingtons Classic gorgeous Punch....

Another example....

Edited: Grammar/ Spelling and all over the show. 😵‍💫

Last edited:
1, The Main Blade on that Knife - The Spine from where the Swage was - has been taken down and that has pretty destroyed the whole Main Blade.
I don’t understand why the swedge was ground down? Wish that knife could talk. I’ve seen a lot of crazy edge treatments but the only thing that I can come up with is that it might have been a spear blade. Maybe one of the owners at one time decided to convert a spear into a clip🤷.

I could be way off and probably am. If you look at the picture that knife resembles the school boy knife marked R3. If you could use your imagination and grind off the swedge in a straight line from the end of the long pull to the tip it would look like the main blade in question. In the ad it mentions that 2 blade configurations were offered. Maybe they offered that knife in a configuration with a punch but did not add the acorn because it was in a different line🤷? This is what my graveyard shift detective work has come up with at 1 am this morning 😂.

ldzJWjV.jpeg

Paul I am not sure- it could have been tip damage taken down completely wrong - who knows?

Oh to have one of each from that Catalog page eh my friend? no- lets say half a dozen of each for gifting a few Knife mates 🙃 :thumbsup:

I could be way off and probably am. If you look at the picture that knife resembles the school boy knife marked R3. If you could use your imagination and grind off the swedge in a straight line from the end of the long pull to the tip it would look like the main blade in question. In the ad it mentions that 2 blade configurations were offered. Maybe they offered that knife in a configuration with a punch but did not add the acorn because it was in a different line🤷? This is what my graveyard shift detective work has come up with at 1 am this morning 😂.

ldzJWjV.jpeg
You mite bee un-incorrect. 😇👍
R3's pins look the same too.

Thank you Paul my friend- That's very helpful Sir! :) :thumbsup:

Hey Steve - Yeah that's it buddy, There's a couple of things wrong, one I could be a little mistaken about.

2, Now if I am not mistaken Remington and Boker? used the Acorn Shield on all Knives with a Punch, but I have seen a few Rem's without?
This Knife does not have one, but it does have the nice concave Remington Punch that always is seen with Factory Blueing inside the concaved face.

There is a couple of different types of Punches used on the Remington's, here is the generic type of Punch they use as well as Remington's Classic Punch, This photo is of a Honest Remington Harness Jack that just sold this very minute I have been watching- no I didn't bid on this one, It had the Acorn Shield and this Punch....

0el3MRs.jpg

Remington's Punch at times can be quite hard to define the concave face depending on the lighting etc to be able to pick up Remington's concave face of the Punch- see here Charlie showing a Fantastic older Remington in post # 31. 764, the side wall looks very prominent - but thanks to good lighting you can pick up the curvature. I guess it comes down to the size of the Pattern as to the height of the Side wall as we do see these differences to suit the patterns Frame.
You see this on different NYK Knives using the same punch but different sizes because of the Pattern of Knife.

An older AAPK Thread that shows Remington's Punch to almost have a flat face - which looks the same as Steve's example he found with a healthier Main Blade.

Examples of the Remington Acorn shield- ( Don't forget also the Scouts / Stockmans are included in this ).

On AAPK, Acorn shields seen - most of you may recognize the top OP. ;) This Knife shows Remingtons Classic gorgeous Punch....

Another example....

Edited: Grammar/ Spelling and all over the show. 😵‍💫

The main blade does look like it's been messed with. I have seen Remington's without the acorn shield so this one would be a gamble for sure. Fantastic punch though 👍

Here's a knife that may help clear up some details about the auction knife Folks!!Simple HJ 1.jpgThis knife has not been messed with, IMO!!! It has that awkward transition between the long pull and the very light swedge on the main blade! And it has the simpler, flatter punch!! Note the inside of the punch still has some forge patina in it! I recognized the knife, but had trouble finding it. I've had it for 15 years or so . . . . .a boy's HJ???
Nice jigging I'd say!!
Hope this clears up some stuff!!

That’s real interesting Charlie and thank you for clearing this up - and proving that hard slant back looks to be factory which is really good for the winner of that knife - and as for me took that as a fault - no slight Swage could be seen in sellers photos, Thank you for that Charlie, and my apologies for my mistakes 😊👍

Still Charlie- all on me and that’s healthy I guess as part of learning.

Unfortunately- the others I have seen are actual creations.

Next time I will 🤐

😂

Was going through a box of flea market and gunshow knives and came across this one. I had forgotten it was a harness jack. It doesn't compare with all the other great knives posted in this thread, but, it is the only HJ I have, other than my new CC Rider.

Last edited:
Dan please don't say it doesn't compare with the others my friend, I have shown a lot worse - my friend it's a Harness Jack knife- and we are always wanting to view them, simply can't get enough, so thanks so much for sharing with us, I*XL's Version is very similar to Bokers.

There's so many things to look at with these Knives and I can never get enough information. I am aiming on going very deep into a couple of topics of knives, and the Harness Jack is one of them, the need to know so much is simply driving me crazy.

Thanks for the kind comments, Charlie and Duncan.
Not very knowledgable on Remingtons, but,my two cents worth on the knife posted by SteveC is that the jigging does not appear to be typical of Remington bone, perhaps just very pocket worn? Not at all calling the knife into question, just not up to snuff for Remington bone IMHO.

Last edited:
I think Jason did an extremely Masterful job with this Knife- Jason's work for the shorter time that he has been doing it is quite incredible, Nice job Jason and well done unclekurty unclekurty
Thanks Duncan. Jason’s work as good as it gets. He mentioned he was going to do a 3 blade on this frame. I hope he keeps the spearpoint.

My 1 and only. Number 24 of 35 numbered Burnt Stag 852211's.
I no I posted it in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023, however, those photos were among the 2,750 I had to delete before I could post pictures again.
(not a "big deal" since those posts are so far back ... at least 50 pages ... they likely will not b seen again anyway....)
IMG_20240321_082157.jpg
It is a genuine factory made UN-X-LD Harness Jack as far as I know ... tho for some reason unknown to this thing, there isn't a "-P" (for "Punch") on the tang stamp.

Charlie (Waynorth) confirmed that none of his SFO's had stag, and that Mr. Bill ran out of the two groove punch used on most of the knives, and used this single groove punch on some of the knives of that HJ run.

Apparently there wasn't a button/pin for this run.

As you can see, I used it, destroying any and all "collector value" it had. 🙄
I don't care. It was a gift from a very generous anonymous member, so I will never sell it.

Last edited:
I always admired that one of your Steve, I do remember you having that conversation with Charlie, I too own one like yours shown there in Stag, and you are totally correct they are not part of Charlies releases.
Pretty darned nice knives, and that would sell like hot cakes if you did sell it because of the frame ( 85), Stag, and the earlier release year of it and of course it being a Harness Jack knife - so its a winner all round.

Back