LETS SEE THOSE MAGNIFICENT HJ's

Dave is ( as always ) Ban on when it comes to the Harness Jack Knives! Those first three - are WOW factor! I really could NOT believe just how good Charlies Number 1 Release was until I was lucky enough to get to own one, it really took me back - so I would say a massive YES that they are special. Dave helped me into one of those- in fact he has helped me one hell of a lot not only with the Harness Jacks. Thank you knowtracks knowtracks Dave!

By the way- you just keep talking my friend.

Johnnythefox Johnnythefox , I use Mineral Oil, we call it Baby oil here in New Zealand as you literally can use it on Bubba's Bum to help with the battle of Nappy Rash! You wouldn't have thought so , but I have been through a few bottles with the constant care for my Knives, I really trust Mineral Oil and I agree when cleaning- as in caring for the joints and working a knife with the Oil, it is extremely satisfying introducing the Walk and Talk back to a knife by simply working with Mineral Oil.
I use mineral oil sometimes or even Danish oil,the lemon was mentioned on here by several people.

We thought you used Tui for Bubbas bum, has the press in England mislead us? 🤣 🤣 🤣

By the way I was looking at my photos from NZ this morning from my motorbike road trip I realise I didnt/couldnt take it all in so much to see.

I stopped at a knife makers you may know him,I should post photos of his workshop,an amazing character.

I organised a bike meet in Tinui (from England) to pay our respects there to the Anzacs.

Little bit of a thread swerve.

Last edited:
...and now back to your regularly scheduled program :)

Haven't seen many of these posted and since my earlier posts are now sans photos, here's a delicious looking Tomato from the fertile mind of Charlie C.

skrFdXs.jpg

...and now back to your regularly scheduled program :)

Haven't seen many of these posted and since my earlier posts are now sans photos, here's a delicious looking Tomato from the fertile mind of Charlie C.
That Harness Jack 6 in Tomato Acrylic set a new level of gorgeousness for sure! Love mine, I know that that one is a Favourite of North Dakota's Mr. Paul Hilborn as well!
Thank you my fellows!! I agree, it's a nice-looking🍅 knife!!! 😁

That Harness Jack 6 in Tomato Acrylic set a new level of gorgeousness for sure! Love mine, I know that that one is a Favourite of North Dakota's Mr. Paul Hilborn as well!
You guys have good taste in cutlery. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you my fellows!! I agree, it's a nice-looking🍅 knife!!! 😁
Thank you, Charlie... for having Tomatoes HJs made.

Now...I was SURE I had posted this before, we have discussed it, and Mr. Hilborn from North Dakota posted this Knife, and I ended up doing a trade with my good friend for that Harness Jack, please my friend if I have posted this- let me know, I had a quick skim through and cant find my post, caught Paul's post about it- but mmmmm? 🙃

I have been VERY pushed for time in this last two years for time, and with shifting House Twice and starting reovation on a 100 year old House- I apologise for the lack of inclusion, dearly would love time to " push into" conversations 🤣

So here is the earlier Harness Jack knife. This is the only Letter of Authenticity that I have seen instead of the smaller Certificate of Authenticity ( COA ). So that in itself adds something to this Knife- it does for me that's for sure.

Of course the GEC is a BEAST and I instantly fell in love with this Knife and something very special left my hands to get it, and its one of those deals where both chaps are real happy with the outcome, I think I can say that with certainty.

xBNNbIC.jpg

EjKFrht.jpg

Just look at this Bone :D

KLgeMVo.jpg

WNtjJB3.jpg

LzYDPlv.jpg

s7XjDSj.jpg

Another Schatt punch came my way. :)
Good sized jack @ 3 3/4"
I love the bone on this one and would gladly pay as much for the missing chunk of bone as I paid for the knife.
This one is also a little different because of the punches pile side stamp. None of the other Schatt punches I have seen carry this Patented date stamp.
IMG_3386.JPG
IMG_3385.JPG
IMG_3384.JPG
IMG_3387.JPG
IMG_3388.JPG

Dave

Another Schatt punch came my way. :)
Good sized jack @ 3 3/4"
I love the bone on this one and would gladly pay as much for the missing chunk of bone as I paid for the knife.
This one is also a little different because of the punches pile side stamp. None of the other Schatt punches I have seen carry this Patented date stamp.
View attachment 2511854
View attachment 2511857
View attachment 2511858
View attachment 2511862
View attachment 2511863

Dave
Great find Dave!!! Nice specimen of that Punch!!!🎆🎇🎆🎇🌠🌟🌟🌟

Very happy to have got this in trade from another member. Also posted in the Charlie SFO thread.

Nice deal Dan!!

Here's an oldie!! Almost all punches are right-handed - designed to be opened with the right thumb!! This old "Union" HJ is the opposite - it's designed to be opened with the left hand!!Tid Union 1.jpgTid Union 2.jpgTid Union 3.jpgTid Union 4.jpgTid Union 5.jpg
This knife was likely made by a short-lived company, Union Cut Co, Tidioute,
that only made knives from 1909 to 1911!! 😲 :cool:

Big Jack out on the range today,boy is the ground still soaked and sodden. 🤭

I wanted to to see how easy it could cut a bit of wood and make a tent peg without using my SAK saw.

Very easy the wood was soft... 😆

Big Jack sounds like a Johnny Cash song,this is a JC song. :cool:

Yep I love JC and I love my HJ.😍

Nice deal Dan!!

Here's an oldie!! Almost all punches are right-handed - designed to be opened with the right thumb!! This old "Union" HJ is the opposite - it's designed to be opened with the left hand!!View attachment 2523327View attachment 2523328View attachment 2523329View attachment 2523331View attachment 2523333
This knife was likely made by a short-lived company, Union Cut Co, Tidioute,
that only made knives from 1909 to 1911!! 😲 :cool:
Charlie- now you have our attention !
Is this a new one to your collection?
What an outstanding Harness Jack Knife- especially to come from such a small window of the existing time period! 😮

Man that Punch is soooo NYK! 😮

Last edited:
Back