Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

I got in a Puukko today that I've become rather taken with. The knife and sheath were made by Tommi Mäkelä and the blade was made by Saku Honkilahti. Forged 80crv2 steel, fitted with Bog Oak and stainless/white coriander fittings.

DLDM5BP.jpg

dt3sti7.jpg

Jq2BqRk.jpg
Dylan, I noticed this in the other thread! Wow! This is an absolutely beautifully made knife. :thumbsup: :)

I found out that Cold Steel was making a knife very similar to the Western W49 so I had to check it out. Got it in the other day and had a good chuckle.... In typical Cold Steel fashion they went and made the knife enormous. It's so absurd that I actually kind of like it.

ZtiqzsT.jpg

Un36zVH.jpg

I found out that Cold Steel was making a knife very similar to the Western W49 so I had to check it out. Got it in the other day and had a good chuckle.... In typical Cold Steel fashion they went and made the knife enormous. It's so absurd that I actually kind of like it.

ZtiqzsT.jpg

Un36zVH.jpg
Holy cow! I just gotta ask, when does a blade go from "knife" to "small sword" ?? Good looking knife though :thumbsup:

I still need to make a sheath or scabbard for it, which I may start after work today depending on how I feel.

It started as this

I just modified the blade a bit, made the guard, and attached the silver cutlery handle.

Very cool project :thumbsup:

Very cool project :thumbsup:
Thanks.
I was inspired by the common Victorian era Sheffield made dress bowies which of course is not something I could ever afford.
The knife cost me $50 ,and the carving fork I took the handle off cost me $5.
That's much leas than authentic examples run, and at least the handle is Sheffield made. :D

The plan is a center seam sheath with a stud, hopefully I can pull it off.

Last edited:
Thanks.
I was inspired by the common Victorian era Sheffield made dress bowies which of course is not something I could ever afford.
The knife costed me $50 ,and the carving fork I took the handle off coated me $5.
That's much leas than authentic examples run, and at least the handle is Sheffield made. :D

The plan is a center seam sheath with a stud, hopefully I can pull it off.

Very imaginative :) Looking forward to seeing the completed project :thumbsup:

Kabar.jpg P5260185.jpg
I ordered myself a US Army Kabar for Memorial day and it came in today! Woo, Merica! So Ive been using my military type knives around the house here. Im thinking I might need to get an Air Force Survival knife for July 4th...maybe a MACV SOG knife from Bark River if I find a suitcase full of money on the street... :D lol

Back