Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

It has the pre-war type can opener,
I read somewhere online (so it gotta be correct, right?🙄) when attempting to get a date estimate on my Imperial Engineer's Knife (1937-1954 tang stamp; has a "safety" can opener) Imperial-Schrade started using the "Safety Can Opener" in c.1947, tho it was patented in c.1945, if I remember right.
Based on that I think my Engineer's knife was made between 1947 to 1954.

Shame there isn't an Ulster tang stamp chart ... at least I can find one. ☹️

Any idea the years that Shield was used on BSA knives?
That might help narrow the date range.
I forget when BSA went to the round shield. I think it was the mid 60's? maybe mid-late 50's?

Shame there isn't an Ulster tang stamp chart ... at least I can find one. ☹️

Any idea the years that Shield was used on BSA knives?
That might help narrow the date range.
I forget when BSA went to the round shield. I think it was the mid 60's? maybe mid-late 50's?
Ulsters are pretty ubiquitous - there must be someone who can answer some of your queries!!!:rolleyes:
Anyone?

Except for Remington, right?
Who mentioned Remington?
mk4Hcr7.gif

A Arathol
Were the Remington ever an "Official" BSA knife?
I may be wrong, but I don't think they were.

Who mentioned Remington?mk4Hcr7.gif

oh yeah ... I think it was Rover Haven who mentioned Remingtion.

Except for Remington, right?
Only the "Official" BSA scout knives made by whoever had the "exclusive" BSA contract were subject to BSA's shield requirement.
The unofficial Scout Knives could have whatever shield (or no shield) the maker wanted.
Several companies made an unofficial scout knife.

A Arathol
Were the Remington ever an "Official" BSA knife?
I may be wrong, but I don't think they were.

Who mentioned Remington?mk4Hcr7.gif

oh yeah ... I think it was Rover Haven who mentioned Remingtion.
The original Remington factory made a few different BSA knives, folding and fixed blade, between the early 1920s and 1939 when everything was sold to PAL. The RS3333, BSA#1496, is the ubiquitous Remington BSA pattern.
Remington branded BSA knives were also made in 2009.
Anything you ever wanted to know about who made what and when can be found at scoutknives.net. They have a comprehensive list with pictures, dates, model numbers etc.....

Back