Lets talk GEC!

This may seem radical, but I would like GEC to come out with a bladeless knife.

Maybe a 35 or 74, just the body of the knife, no blades or tools. This would be TSA approved, great for kids, and never needs sharpening.
I’d buy it but only in Tomato acrylic.

Here’s my “no hook knife spoon whittling challenge“ for my vacation. I used the ESEE 3 to split a section (batoning) and for general waste removal, and then all the rough and final shaping was done with my #35 Churchill. The wood is a trimming from a Northern Spicebush (aka Benjamin Bush), and is featured in the background. It was cut last year when I was here and I stored it in mom’s basement with the ends sealed.

Finally, I found one of my late grandpa’s knives (engraved “Ike”) in a tin of junkers. No idea what the story is- it seems like a flea market find, but that’s how it is around here. My mother held onto this house after he passed and lives here now; kinda neat because he and my grandmother literally built this house out of the remains of a demolished house around 1951. Couldn’t resist a side-by-side.

R8TnzWI.jpg

iCOaohd.jpg

KuplhVj.jpg

tVWNyEb.jpg

One of my friends fell in love with my natural micarta Mudbug this past weekend on our annual "Guys Trip." I told him to stop by my house on his weekend. He just got here and I handed him my #82 possum Skinner in natural micarta! He was pumped! Definitely one of my favorite blades but my buddy was excited and it's in good hands. Hopefully it gets him into traditionals. He's a big Benchmade guy.
IMG_20190813_143548.jpg

Last edited:
I think you might like my TSA-approved Super Beer Scout Knife. :thumbsup:

C3zFYaI.jpg
Ok, just a few tweaks and I think you’ll be able to sell 3-4 thousand. Arrow head shield, call it mammoth something or other and 3 dedicated lanyards for 1. Bespoke handkerchief 2. Mini flashlight that costs more than the knife 3. Secondary mega-overkill titanium tactical folder

Ok, just a few tweaks and I think you’ll be able to sell 3-4 thousand. Arrow head shield, call it mammoth something or other and 3 dedicated lanyards for 1. Bespoke handkerchief 2. Mini flashlight that costs more than the knife 3. Secondary mega-overkill titanium tactical folder

Do we know who's got preorders available? I'm IN! :D

Back