Lets talk GEC!

today731.jpg

nice to see the variation on the cocobolos, really wish these came out in clip :D
I agree, the spear looks great but most of what I’ve been buying lately have been spears. I haven’t tried all that hard for this 15, did get an email and tried once, also entered a drawing for one, probably would have tried a little harder if they were clips. The Urban Jack doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

I agree, the spear looks great but most of what I’ve been buying lately have been spears. I haven’t tried all that hard for this 15, did get an email and tried once, also entered a drawing for one, probably would have tried a little harder if they were clips. The Urban Jack doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

Yea I havent fared very well on the drops and email notices myself, but if they were clip, i think theyd have been almost impossible to obtain. and same thoughts for the urban jack, here was my joke on that thread

TwkD81I.jpg
's knife

I wonder if there is to be a northfield 15. Or if they are reserving their next northfields for the 85
They probably won't do a Northfield 85 unless it is an SFO for Mike, CK unofficially owns that pattern. That being said I will never say what GEC is going to do with any level of certainty.

Here's a couple pics, I received the TC Smooth Autumn Bone and Rough Sawn Osage Wood Barlow with help from a great member @akaMatt. I created Good Feedback in the Good Bad and Ugly thread for more information. Matt lives close to me and after we met today we did a one for one trade and he sold me another TC Barlow at a fair price. Getting a GEC knife is crazy and very stressful today, I was giving up but Matt gave me hope. Thank you very much Matt you really made my day and more. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

15p1.jpg 15p2.jpg

Here's a couple pics, I received the TC Smooth Autumn Bone and Rough Sawn Osage Wood Barlow with help from a great member @akaMatt. I created Good Feedback in the Good Bad and Ugly thread for more information. Matt lives close to me and after we met today we did a one for one trade and he sold me another TC Barlow at a fair price. Getting a GEC knife is crazy and very stressful today, I was giving up but Matt gave me hope. Thank you very much Matt you really made my day and more. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1505395 View attachment 1505396
Nice story and well relayed.:)

Whats the story with that gunstock?

The short version is that it is a recover by Javi Garcia in black and green micarta with red liners.

The longer version is that I bought a goldenrod #44 back when they released and found it too bulky and heavy for my tastes, particularly because the big butt of the gunstock dug into my hand uncomfortably in some grips. I thought it was beautiful and the action and fit and finish were phenomenal--some of GEC's best work, in my experience. I sold it, though. Last year I managed to get a Robeson Gunstock that was really nice and reminded me of the #44s a lot. I wanted to try it against a #44, but I didn't have one. As luck would have it, a few #44s in goldenrod popped up at a dealer's website at a good price (which they quickly raised a few days later, suspiciously) so I bought another one intending to see if I liked it better than the Robeson. In some ways I did, but the extra blade and weight still made it one I didn't carry a lot. It came time to either sell it or finally splurge on a knife mod. I'd seen Javi's work on Instagram and thought it was phenomenal, so I saved up and did some inquiry with him. When he heard I wanted a two-tone micarta with some liner accents he got excited. After a few days I sent him the knife and he had it completed and sent back to me. It is not pretty much the perfect Gunstock for my tastes--thin, lots of blade, excellent looks, and some of the best action you can find on a GEC.

Back