Lets talk GEC!

I do find the clip blade very pleasing aesthetically but not sure how much more practical it would be for my uses
I like the Clip because most of the little chores I do with my knives involve some type of piercing task, so the point is handy for that.

I am waiting for my 15 cocobolo to arrive to post my 5 GEC's
Cool... Can't wait to see the group shot. :cool::thumbsup:

I think it's been a while since the last good size run of 151***'s...2013/2014 maybe? :eek: More clips blades! :D
From 2013...

Y8TqthX.jpg

I love the looks of GEC and have a 23. I’ve admired several, but they are so hard to get your hands on.

what is the best way to acquire them?

I love the looks of GEC and have a 23. I’ve admired several, but they are so hard to get your hands on.

I don't know if it's the best way, but the easiest is to head over to the bay and limber up that wallet.

Fight Club has gotten pretty competitive.

I don't know if it's the best way, but the easiest is to head over to the bay and limber up that wallet.

I hear you on the “Fight Club”. I’ve bid on a few on the bay. There was one I thought I was going to get until it went way up in the last 15minutes or so.

I hear you on the “Fight Club”. I’ve bid on a few on the bay. There was one I thought I was going to get until it went way up in the last 15minutes or so.
There's a pretty spirited discussion of GEC pricing and availability going on over in the Feedback section. :thumbsup:

A bit of digging can reveal some tips and trick as well.
I haven't been very interested in the recent GEC offerings, thankfully, because they've been tough. 23s and 19s weren't too bad tho.

Thank you as well, Frank! I think it’s safe to say we both walked away happy with our new knives!

Just to add on to Frank’s comments, we both found we had a perfect opportunity for a trade the other day, and then I was surprised to discover we lived just a few stones throws away from each other. That made it super easy to meet up, talk knives for a few, look at what we each had, and make our trade. I’m glad we both walked away happy. Here is what I received in return!

K1ja1R4.jpg

pHxoAKO.jpg
Reading about you guys meeting up got me thinking. I’ve only ever talked to people about Great Eastern knives on this forum, never in person. So for those of you who know GEC users that you talk to in person, is GEC pronounced “G-E-C” or “Geck” or is it just an abbreviation used on the internet?

The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club ....

Still one of my all time favorite movies

If you're not too picky on which pattern you get you can still find GECe sitting on dealers shelves, just check out the dealers listed on the GEC site. My 15 with bail and chain just showed up today, I just popped off the bail and chain and this knife is going to make an awesome user that I won't mind scuffing up. The b&c 15 was my introduction to the 15 pattern and this thing is instantly a winner and also my first GEC in Gabon ebony wood. This knife will definitely be a major contender for most carried knife competing with my 35 churchill.

I think it's been a while since the last good size run of 151***'s...2013/2014 maybe? :eek: More clips blades! :D
From 2013...

Y8TqthX.jpg

They did some in 2018, single clips in Red and Black Linen Micarta, around 250 of each. And Charlie had his bail & chain model with a single clip, jigged bone and bar shield. I believe those were all run at the same time as the big run of standard bail & chain #15’s (spearpoint), and the second iteration of the Ancient TC.

There were also some stainless clip point #15’s in 2016, maybe? (Don’t quote me on the year, but it was around then.)

Reading about you guys meeting up got me thinking. I’ve only ever talked to people about Great Eastern knives on this forum, never in person. So for those of you who know GEC users that you talk to in person, is GEC pronounced “G-E-C” or “Geck” or is it just an abbreviation used on the internet?

“G-E-C”

F40B3D7E-E82A-477F-8893-300DD73B4F11.jpeg

I was lucky enough to get my hands on all of the TCs on this run, the glitters I immediately passed on as I just can’t bring myself to enjoy acrylic (or any synthetic material for that matter). Of the 3 that remain the smooth bone is the clear winner to me. I was truthfully most excited about the Osage, but once it was in hand just didn’t get that ooh lala feeling that the smooth bone delivered.

They did some in 2018, single clips in Red and Black Linen Micarta, around 250 of each. And Charlie had his bail & chain model with a single clip, jigged bone and bar shield. I believe those were all run at the same time as the big run of standard bail & chain #15’s (spearpoint), and the second iteration of the Ancient TC.

There were also some stainless clip point #15’s in 2016, maybe? (Don’t quote me on the year, but it was around then.)

“G-E-C”
Thanks!

Yes, My wife got me this one for Christmas and I do not baby it. I have an ironwood and natural bone in the tubes somewhere. I felt like they were a bit pricey for what they were but I lucked out and got the other two as store knives from CK

Back