Lets talk GEC!

Is it time for the 2021 Forum knife yet?

Too soon? :D

78 with some nice popcorn stag please. May be the only way for me to get a nice GEC. I am grateful we have had this opportunity in the past.

Great looking knives in this thread all!

For the BF knife I'm calling for 1 of 2 ideas.

First idea is 57 halfwhitt, but instead make the main blade a lambsfoot with the pen blade on the opposite side. Bill can call this the Lamb-chop.

Second idea is a 99 lockback with a single lambsfoot blade. Great name for that pattern would be the LambLock.

Or even if Bill decides to run these as production knives No need to offer me royalties for these golden ideas, as long as Bill puts one aside for me. I'll even pay for it!!

If we ask nice, like really really nice, maybe we could get something like a 77 NF Barlow or maybe a proper Lambsfoot on the 93 frame (with the appropriate blessings, of course). I suggested a 2 blade TC a couple of pages ago, but that frame has probably sailed. Any kind of 2 blade on the 14 frame would be a winner.

It seems like a lot of GEC's customers are getting one last "hurrah" SFO-wise, so why couldn't Bladeforums?

With regard to the Forum Knife, I doubt it will be GEC if it happens, they have moved away from SFO and Club knives.

Last year's one from Viper was superb and a taste of what other companies can and will do- even in the most adverse situations.
GEC just did the TC spears for Mr. Waynorth and they did, what, a couple club knives and numerous SFOs last year, so they say they are moving away, but some are certainly still coming. All we need is a qualified representative to ask for us.

Of course as long as you're not complaining about verdigris, brass liners, sunken pins or general complaining about flipping and availability, we're making progress. ;)

I gotta say I’m pretty pleased with the latest #15 boys knife. I hem and haw about the state of things, but if it’s possible to get one solid, down-the-middle GEC knife at a decent price per year... well maybe it’s not so bad.

A couple questions about the Forums knife, I have been on here since 2016 but certainly not active. Since facebook has gotten weird these days I have decided to be more active on here and get a membership soon. With the forums knife do they normally start a new thread and you just comment in if you want one?
Thanks all

A couple questions about the Forums knife, I have been on here since 2016 but certainly not active. Since facebook has gotten weird these days I have decided to be more active on here and get a membership soon. With the forums knife do they normally start a new thread and you just comment in if you want one?
Thanks all
More or less, yes. There’s typically a discussion thread and if you stay active in that, you’ll know what to do. Usually after the details get ironed out in the discussion thread, there is a thread that is a “sticky” at the top where you commit to ordering.

More or less, yes. There’s typically a discussion thread and if you stay active in that, you’ll know what to do. Usually after the details get ironed out in the discussion thread, there is a thread that is a “sticky” at the top where you commit to ordering.
Thank you!

b9V7a7i.jpg
[/IMG]

GEC just did the TC spears for Mr. Waynorth and they did, what, a couple club knives and numerous SFOs last year, so they say they are moving away, but some are certainly still coming. All we need is a qualified representative to ask for us.

Of course as long as you're not complaining about verdigris, brass liners, sunken pins or general complaining about flipping and availability, we're making progress. ;)

Isn't the TC supposed to be last in the line? Numerous prior to the covid shutdown perhaps. Plus I'm not too sure either Charlie C or Mike L will want to take on this task once again, can you perhaps suggest another qualified representative then?

The 2019 Forum Knife only happened because the 93 pattern was augmented by a significant SFOs and since we hear that GEC are not taking on new SFOs there you have it. Hope that's not too much complaining spoiling things? ;)

Back